PDA

View Full Version : [Question] Mirage edges...

iOWN
05-15-2007, 02:56 PM
I recently bought 4 Mirage Flashes off of eBay, and they arrived today. Two of them seem perfectly fine, but two are unfortunately suspect. The first two are fine and look just like any other magic card, but the second two have skewed edges that look almost squared and don't match up when compared to cards from Time Spiral.

I thought that maybe they are just pressed in a little, but the difference is similar to one between an Alpha and Beta card; its corners are actually further out than other cards. I can't imagine someone counterfeiting small rares from Mirage, and the seller looks fine, so I was wondering; is this just a common mistake that occurs when cards are being cut? Are there any good ways to find accidental fakes without damaging the cards (besides the bend test, which they passed so I think they probably aren't)?

hi-val
05-15-2007, 10:05 PM
There have been weird corners in UD too. A buddy has a foil Jar with almost square edges. As long as you play in sleeves, you're fine.

troopatroop
05-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Bend test it?

05-16-2007, 01:05 PM
My tormods crypts from chronicles are like that too, I really think theres nothing to worry about.

Nightmare
05-16-2007, 01:27 PM
The chances of you getting fake Flashes are what could be called "remote." You're fine.