PDA

View Full Version : Body snatcher and flash

Solpugid
05-16-2007, 12:46 AM
Is there any way to flash a body snatcher into play and activate its ability (to return a creature from your graveyard) BEFORE flash puts body snatcher in the graveyard? It doesn't seem like you could, but I wanted to make sure. Thanks.

cdr
05-16-2007, 12:57 AM
Flash 1U
Instant
You may put a creature card from your hand into play. If you do, sacrifice it unless you pay its mana cost reduced by up to 2.

Body Snatcher 2BB
Creature - Minion
When Body Snatcher comes into play, you may discard a creature card. If you don't, remove Body Snatcher from the game.
When Body Snatcher is put into a graveyard from play, remove Body Snatcher from the game and return target creature card from your graveyard to play.
2/2

Both of Body Snatcher's abilities will trigger during the resolution of Flash, and won't go on the stack until Flash has completely resolved.

Because they're going on the stack at the same time, you can order them any way you want. If you let the "put into a graveyard from play" trigger resolve first, you can return a creature to play and remove Body Snatcher from the game, and then let the "comes into play" trigger resolve.

Maveric78f
05-16-2007, 06:08 AM
And to answer the question.

- Body Snatcher has no activated ability but 2 triggered ability
- Nobody gets priority before the flashing creature goes to graveyard. It's not dependant on which creature goes to graveyard.

Solpugid
05-16-2007, 10:47 AM
My mistake, I was under the impression that the return ability was activated. Seems I need to pay more attention to the cards. Thanks.