PDA

View Full Version : Star City Legacy Event on July 7th?

outpost1
05-16-2007, 11:15 AM
Hi all,

We are thinking of organizing a large Legacy tournament (possibly even bigger than our previous "Duel for Duals" tournaments) on Saturday, July 7th. Before proceeding, I'm posting to ask if anyone knows of any other events that may conflict with this date.

Please let me know by replying to this post or e-mailing me directly at outpost1@starcitygames.com. Thanks in advance. :-)

Ewokslayer
05-16-2007, 11:18 AM
That sounds pretty cool,
Would it be in Roanoke or Richmond?

AnwarA101
05-16-2007, 11:23 AM
There are no current Legacy events scheduled for that weekend. I know that GenCon where the Legacy Championships happen won't occur until August. So this seems like a pretty good time to have a major Legacy tournament.

outpost1
05-16-2007, 11:24 AM
Roanoke... here at our Game Center.

Caboose
05-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Origins is around there, but I don't know if they have sanctioned magic there anymore, so it's probably not an issue.

Peter_Rotten
05-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Roanoke... here at our Game Center.

Are you sure you wouldn't like to throw this closer to my house for my own personal convenience? Like near Albany, NY?

Either way, I'm sure that this event will be excellent and well attended.

Nightmare
05-16-2007, 11:49 AM
Are you sure you wouldn't like to throw this closer to my house for my own personal convenience? Like near Albany, NY?

Either way, I'm sure that this event will be excellent and well attended.I agree with Matt. Less Confederate, more Union.

calosso
05-16-2007, 12:41 PM
I agree with Matt. Less Confederate, more Union.

Screw that, 3 hour drives are better than 6-7. It would be great if they moved it to Richmond.

SpatulaOfTheAges
05-16-2007, 12:59 PM
I agree with Matt. Less Confederate, more Union.

We'll brook no more of your northern aggression.

Edit: Boo. I'll be in NY City the weekend of the 7th.

Peter_Rotten
05-16-2007, 01:19 PM
We'll brook no more of your northern aggression.

Edit: Boo. I'll be in NY City the weekend of the 7th.

OOH! The irony!

Pyrokinesis
05-16-2007, 01:25 PM
This would be great. However, Richmond Convention Center would probably be a better location. Roanoke might be just a bit too far for people coming from the North-East.

scrumdogg
05-16-2007, 01:35 PM
It is their home base, however, which significantly reduces overhead costs. The number of NE Legacy players who will go to Richmond but not Roanoke probably doesn't justify the cost of renting a site in Richmond. Might be a good weekend to visit my brother in VA :cool:

Di
05-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Right now this date seems like it'd be fine. However, I'm unsure of the date of Origins (which I assume would probably be later in the month), and there's also the possibility of us holding the Big Arse III as well, but that hasn't been discussed or anything so I'm unsure on that.

Also, this is SCG. They aren't going to move their tournament out of their own region. Just gotta live with that.

revenge_inc
05-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Why does Starcity Games organize Power 9 tournaments all over the place such as Rochester and Boston but the Duel for Duals always stay in Virginia? :frown:

If they brought Duel for Duals too upstate NY, then I think a lot of North-East USA + Canadians would go, just like they go to the Power 9's.
Weren't there more people at the last Rochester Power 9 than there were at the last VA one? Of course some would be from different crowds, but I still think that the population distribution of players favours tournaments in Upsate NY.

...and we know that VA people will drive up anyways...:wink:

BTW:
I wouldn't confirm anything until June 1st as many people may not want to go if Flash stays legal.

cdr
05-16-2007, 04:31 PM
That seems like a great weekend to hold it, Pete. The only event I can see that's even close is PT SD.

Peter_Rotten
05-16-2007, 06:14 PM

I didn't mean to spark a trend of move it "closer to me" posts. I was being facetious. Maybe it's time to bring back the sarcasm tag ~.

Braves54321
05-16-2007, 07:12 PM
I didn't mean to spark a trend of move it "closer to me" posts. I was being facetious. Maybe it's time to bring back the sarcasm tag ~.

Well they should move it closer to us, seeing as July 7th is my birthday and all. =P

freakish777
05-16-2007, 08:11 PM

No. Definitely not.

:laugh:

troopatroop
05-16-2007, 08:39 PM
Well they should move it closer to us, seeing as July 7th is my birthday and all. =P

July 8th is mine too.

kirdape3
05-17-2007, 08:07 PM
That's Origins weekend. Also, talk to Ray Robillard - he's planning a Waterbury for the 8th and it's possible that the two of you can deconflict.

Caboose
05-29-2007, 10:29 PM
I want updates on this. I am very interested in ANY Legacy tournaments within 500 miles of me. ALL of them. So get on it, SCG. Plz?

NANTUKO_SHADY
06-18-2007, 02:54 PM
Sooooooooo......

Is this thing still going on or what???

noobslayer
06-18-2007, 02:57 PM
I too would like to know, as I need to know how broke I'm going to be for this.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
06-18-2007, 05:06 PM
I would guess, given the lack of word, at "no".