PDA

View Full Version : [Discussion] Straw poll for GP

hi-val
05-17-2007, 03:25 PM
I'll be asking people a couple questions at the GP this weekend for my coming article this Thursday, which will be a recap and analysis along with front-line stories from Columbus. I intend to ask a lot of people 2-3 short questions for a little straw poll to gauge what folks are feeling at the GP. I was thinking things along the line of:

-Do you regularly play Legacy?

-Do you think the DCI should have announced the Flash erratum?

I'm happy to entertain any ideas for questions to ask there, but I am only going to be able to ask 2 or 3 and they must be in a yes/no format. I'm eager to see what people would like asked!

Nightmare
05-17-2007, 03:33 PM
Who's your favorite Meandecker?
Why do you think Steve Menendian's name is so tough to spell?
What's your favorite bad 90's song?
Soda or Pop?
If you could be any small, furry animal, which would you choose and why?
Is Switchblade Danger Barnello the best name ever or what?
What does Hi-Val mean?
Have you ever seen a woman naked (if asking a girl, change to "Can I see you naked?")
Where tha party at?
Who let the dogs out? (WHO WHO WHO WHO WHO?)
Whatever happened to predictability, the milkman, the paperboy, and evening TV?

mikekelley
05-17-2007, 03:34 PM
I'd like to know what percentage of the field regularly takes part in a message board. So something like, do you actively partake in message boarding? Or something along those lines.

If you are surfing the web, and posting on message boards, does it make you a surfboarder? ~ Nightmare

TheDarkshineKnight
05-17-2007, 04:21 PM
Soda or Pop?
What does Hi-Val mean?
Have you ever seen a woman naked (if asking a girl, change to "Can I see you naked?")
Where tha party at?

1. Is Jesus a Meandecker? If so, him.
2. I didn't listen to music in the 90s.
3. Soda. Pop is for nubs.
4. A squirrel. Squirrels are fucking awesome.
5. Yeah, that's a pretty fucking awesome name.
6. High Value? Dunno.
7. Yes.
8. In my pants.
9. The world will never know.
10. The 50s ended.

Eldariel
05-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Three questions, huh?

-Were you involved in the format before the GP?
-Should DCI have postponed the Flash-errata due to the GP?
-Do you think there should be more Legacy GPs? (If no, then)If Flash got banned?

hi-val
05-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Soda or Pop?
What does Hi-Val mean?
Where tha party at?

-Kevin Cron-- he has an impressive style of driving and he doesn't kick in bed like Steve does (true story).
-He's a shifty Armenian.
-Kiss From a Rose, by Seal
-Pop
-I am guessing a hummingbird qualifies as furry, and I want to be one because they have no predators and they're wicked cool.
-Incorrect; Nan King and the Japanese Denials is better.
- High Value. It's the name of a very shitty computer company, don't ever buy their products.
-Several
etc.

Eldariel, good ideas.

Tacosnape
05-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Soda or Pop?
What does Hi-Val mean?
Where tha party at?

1. The one that gives me pizza.
2. Because you touch yourself at night.
3. Snow - Informer.
4. Soda.(cringe)
5. A ferret named Steve Nash.
6. No, that title would belong to a ferret named Steve Nash.
7. Good question.
8. Women wear clothes?
9. Ovah Hizzeah, my nizzle.
10. The same person who stole the cookies from the cookie jar.
11. They all got shot by a man named Ghetto Jackson.

Three questions, huh?
-Were you involved in the format before the GP?
-Should DCI have postponed the Flash-errata due to the GP?
-Do you think there should be more Legacy GPs? (If no, then)If Flash got banned?

1. Myself and the Legacy weren't technically "involved," but we did have an ongoing "Friends with benefits" sort of thing.
2. They should have just banned it first.
3. Not with Flash legal. There's no enjoyment in the format otherwise.

Happy Gilmore
05-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Soda or Pop?

Coke, there is nothing else.

And a duck billed platypus, because having poison spines that inflict one of the most painful nero toxins is bad ass. Especially when you look like a fury Donald Duck (but your not a bird, your a mamal) :eek: .

nitewolf9
05-17-2007, 06:01 PM
What is your favorite color?
Do you know who your father is?
If I had a banana in my pants, would you tell me or ignore it?
Do you believe in life after death? If so, why?
Do you have AIDS?
Where is the bathroom?
Would you punch an 80 year old woman if she tried to steal your wallet?

Those are the usual suspects at least, I would stick to them plus or minus a couple of unusual ones; you know, for humor.

etrigan
05-17-2007, 06:27 PM
What is the meaning of life?

People who say Magic lose. People who say 42 should be hauled out back and shot. Everyone else needs to get out more.

join us in the new millenium, please---frogboy

Pyrokinesis
05-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Your second question is either worded incorrectly or a really, really dumb one. Change it to "Should the DCI have errata'd Flash before the Grand Prix?" and/or "Should the DCI's errata to Flash have been effective after the Grand Prix and not beforehand?", whichever is closer to what you intended.

If you ask people about whether or not the DCI should tell people things they'll look at you funny.

"Yeah, we changed the B&R list."
"What's the new list?"
"That's for us to know and you to find out. Here's a hint: The new cards aren't legal."

People who say Magic lose. People who say 42 should be hauled out back and shot. Everyone else needs to get out more.

But who wins?

hi-val
05-17-2007, 10:42 PM
Pyrokinesis, I mean in the sense of "hey, here are the changes to the Errata on cards." Currently, the DCI has no mention in their updates of what changed; I only found out because Yawgatog tracks the Oracle changes on his website. It's probably a poor question in any case, but I suppose I meant to ask whether the DCI had a responsibility to publicly announce changes in errata.

SpatulaOfTheAges
05-17-2007, 11:31 PM
A) What ideally, would you like to see as the future of Legacy?

B) What is your background in the game and the format?

Caboose
05-18-2007, 12:33 AM
1) Is Caboose a midwest version of Calosso?
2) Is Calosso an east coast version of Caboose?
3) If Calosso and Caboose played 2HG together, what would be the result?

Sims
05-18-2007, 12:46 AM
Pyrokinesis, I mean in the sense of "hey, here are the changes to the Errata on cards." Currently, the DCI has no mention in their updates of what changed; I only found out because Yawgatog tracks the Oracle changes on his website. It's probably a poor question in any case, but I suppose I meant to ask whether the DCI had a responsibility to publicly announce changes in errata.

Well it's not a horrible question to ask if someone feels Wizards should have given a heads up about a card that was known to have a powerful interaction with certain creatures (that are still in this format) before unleashing it and thinking that it'd be harmless, although if I am not mistaken Flash has nothing to really do with the DCI until the 1st for the B/R update. The Errata removal was WotC and the rules team when they came upon it updating Oracle and Gatherer, so I don't think the question should be directed about the DCI.

Nihil Credo
05-18-2007, 01:23 AM
- Have you ever played Legacy other than for a GP, or do you plan to in the future?
- Did you play Vintage before playing Legacy?
- Did you play Standard/Extended before playing Legacy?
- What is your favourite Constructed/Eternal format at the moment?
- What would be if Flash were banned?

Tacosnape
05-18-2007, 02:09 AM
1) Is Caboose a midwest version of Calosso?
2) Is Calosso an east coast version of Caboose?
3) If Calosso and Caboose played 2HG together, what would be the result?

1. I don't know.
2. I don't know.
3. Cabloosso!

Aggro_zombies
05-18-2007, 05:23 AM
1) If you were going to die tomorrow, what would you do, and why? Assume any sex you have must be consensual.
2) Why is there not more Legacy on the West Coast?
3) If Superman and Chuck Norris got into a fight, who would win?
4) If you found the previous question amusing, may I kill you?
5) How much wood could a woodchuck chuck? Assume said woodchuck is capable of chucking wood.
6) Suppose a certain organic chemistry class has two tests (worth 30% of your grade each) and a final worth 40% of your grade. A certain zombie receives a 52% on the first test and a 73% on the second. What score would he need to get on the final in order to get above a C- (70%) and thus pass the class? Assume there is no curve.
7) Admiral Ackbar is best at recognizing which of the following? a) The Death Star, b) Traps, c) Allah, d) Mediocre films
8) If you could steal all of the money from any Swiss bank account, whose account would you steal from, and why?
9) You have reached your psi limit. To solve this problem, do you require additional pylons, or should you spawn more Overlords?

Eldariel
05-18-2007, 05:40 AM
I don't know about the others, but your test score needs to be exactly 81,25% to reach 70% final grade. Sorry, I couldn't help myself, I haven't solved even the simpliest of equations for years and I'm experiencing withdrawal symptoms.

As for Admiral Ackbar, his famous talent is showcased here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-7UX1xSEfU).

Psi limit? Obviously you attack. Although the voice in your head tells you to 'build additional Pylons'.

Aggro_zombies
05-18-2007, 05:41 AM
I don't know about the others, but your test score needs to be exactly 81,25%. Sorry, I couldn't help myself, I haven't solved even the simpliest of equations for years and I'm experiencing withdrawal symptoms.
...shit.

DrJones
05-18-2007, 09:04 AM
1) If you were going to die tomorrow, what would you do, and why? Assume any sex you have must be consensual.
2) Why is there not more Legacy on the West Coast?
3) If Superman and Chuck Norris got into a fight, who would win?
4) If you found the previous question amusing, may I kill you?
5) How much wood could a woodchuck chuck? Assume said woodchuck is capable of chucking wood.
6) Suppose a certain organic chemistry class has two tests (worth 30% of your grade each) and a final worth 40% of your grade. A certain zombie receives a 52% on the first test and a 73% on the second. What score would he need to get on the final in order to get above a C- (70%) and thus pass the class? Assume there is no curve.
7) Admiral Ackbar is best at recognizing which of the following? a) The Death Star, b) Traps, c) Allah, d) Mediocre films
8) If you could steal all of the money from any Swiss bank account, whose account would you steal from, and why?
9) You have reached your psi limit. To solve this problem, do you require additional pylons, or should you spawn more Overlords?

1) I'd go to a better hospital.
2) Because Volrath stole most of it.
3) Chuck Norris, because he doesn't have known weaknesses.
4) Yes. Unfortunately, It wasn't amusing.
5) He wouldn't chuck any wood, assuming there's no wood for a woodchuck to chuck.
6) 83.75% to get a 71% final score
7) Traps
8) I'd would steal 50 cent from every account, return them a month later, and go away with the interests.
9) Starcraft sucks. (this answer being the sole reason to fill the poll)

Illissius
05-18-2007, 11:10 AM

LLOL

More seriously:

- Do you, in general, prefer metagames defined by an aggro deck, a control deck, or a combo deck?
- Do you like the Legacy metagame better before or after the removal of errata from Flash?
- Assume Flash is banned. Are there any other cards you would like to see banned?
- If distance weren't an issue, would you have rather attended Strasbourg or Columbus?
- Would you like to see more premier level events for Legacy? At the expense of other formats?

These aren't all in Yes/No format, but they have 2-3 possible answers, which I hope is close enough.