PDA

View Full Version : So Cal Legacy Team

APriestOfGix
05-20-2007, 10:34 AM
I'm looking for a Leagcy Team in the Southern California area.

I live outside LA, and can't seem to find ANYBODY who plays legacy here, so im looking for a team/playgroup to get together with.

xsockmonkeyx
05-20-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm looking for a Leagcy Team in the Southern California area.

I live outside LA, and can't seem to find ANYBODY who plays legacy here, so im looking for a team/playgroup to get together with.

Such is the case for me as well. The closest thing to us is all the way in San Diego, and Friday night traffic is terrible.

The solution Ive had is to make friends on the internet and play/test
over MWS. You can still find competitive minded players to interact with just not so much in person. Its not perfect but it is better than nothing.

APriestOfGix
05-20-2007, 08:41 PM
yeah, all the local shops are T2, and the friends of mine that got me into magic WAY back when are T2, so i'm like the Lone Legacy Player here :(

Ninj4
05-20-2007, 09:35 PM
There are a few Legacy Players in SoCal... two of them frequent Dear Mr Fantazy in Orange mostly on Thursday nights for drafts. I'ts me and another guy and between the two of us, we pretty much can build any deck to play/test against but neither of us were availiable to hit columbus.

There used to be regular tournaments at the store but the owner hit some hard times. Good news is that everything should be starting up again soon, but until then there IS a glimmer of legacy around here.

TheDarkshineKnight
05-20-2007, 10:36 PM
At least there are places within driving distance that have active legacy communities.

You see, I AM Central California Legacy. >_>

xsockmonkeyx
05-20-2007, 11:32 PM
There used to be regular tournaments at the store but the owner hit some hard times. Good news is that everything should be starting up again soon, but until then there IS a glimmer of legacy around here.

Post or PM me when they start up again. I have a buddy who would probably be interested as well.

The Rack
05-20-2007, 11:53 PM
I used to be a regular at Game Empire (The SoCal Legacy card shop of San Diego) but during sports seasons I don't get a chance to evver go. Ask me if you need info about tourneys in SD.

APriestOfGix
05-21-2007, 01:23 PM
i used to go to DMF, but he shut down :'(

when he starts up, i'll be going again...

and my local cardshop says they will host some if i can garentee 8 players, so if you guys are intrested...

Ninj4
05-21-2007, 03:59 PM
Where's your local card shop? if he makes an announcement me n my friend will def be there. so that's +2

Tog
06-13-2007, 12:55 PM
Holy Shit! Outside of my play group and MWS buddies, I don't have too many Legacy tourney to go to. I'm in San Diego, at least during the school year. I attend UCSD. I've heard of Game Empires but I never really had the time to check the place out. How's the attendance? Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. Some of my friends and I would really like to check it out (some four people).

APriestOfGix
06-19-2007, 12:58 AM
http://teamphyrexia.18.forumer.com/index.php

lets get some people together there...