PDA

View Full Version : Your GP Experience

Caboose
05-21-2007, 03:50 PM
There should be a thread where we can all say who we met, and how much fun we had, and a brief highlight or two of the weekend.

Who I Met:

Diablos - This guy is good looking for a magic player. If I had to go to prison, I would let him have his way with me. :wink:

Mr. Nightmare - I didn't really talk to Nightmare much. When I went up to him, he exclaimed that I had a man-crush on him, right in front on Paul Mastriano and Roland Chang, who I do have man-crushes on. :laugh:

IBA - Jack Elgin fucking impressed me. He might be a jerk online, but he is one class act in person. I asked him to pull Gigipedes out of his binder, sign them for me, and give them to me. He complied. He also provided a good deal of hilarity over the weekend. I would chill with IBA anytime.

Pinder - Pinder was a super cool guy. We altered cards for each other and had some good laughs. He also hooked me up with Arena Counterspells on the cheap. He needs to fly out here more often.

Wastedlife - Bryant lost his voice, and didn't seem very interested in talking to me. I saw him lose to Death and Taxes and decided that I'd try to gain his friendship next year.

Quiksilver - I walked up to Dave Price and gave a heartfelt apology for the fiasco last month. He accepted it, and we had a big hug. It was very special.

AnwarA101 - Anwar seemed cool. We didn't talk very much, but he seemed like a pretty sweet dude.

Ewokslayer - He didn't seem to like me. I decided I wasn't going to put effort in to change his mind. :frown:

Cavius the Great - He told me I'm the funniest person on the Source. He also told me in detail how he eats grits. It relaxed me and made me less jittery for the GP main event. Cavius is definitely not Radley material. Cavius is the boss.

Noobslayer - I still don't know if Noobslayer loves me or hates me. Everything he said to me was ambiguous. He probably loves me, though.

Machinus - I like his beard. He seemed like a cool dude, with coolness comparable to Jack Elgin. But I didn't really get to talk to him as much.

URABAHN - If this guy is who I remember him to be, he is a hilarious cat. It was a delight to be in his presence.

Happy Gilmore - Dominic was my favorite person I met all GP. He was super chill, and seemed like a genuinely good dude. I would love to hang out with more people like Dominic.

Calosso - He was sorta mean on Saturday, but was super nice on Sunday. Calosso seems like a cool dude.

Hatfields - The Hatfields seemed like nice guys, but I didn't talk to them much. They like Portent, and I like Mental Note. I don't think there's much to be said, lolz.

Force of Will - Fun guy. Got a overly homosexual temporary tattoo to get a laugh. Succeeded. :tongue:

Nantuko Shady - Real cool dude. One of my favorites all weekend. I felt bad cheering another friend on over him at a Type 2 tournament, but the other guy never wins anything and could use the self-esteem boost, lolz.

Maverick - I know I met him. I just don't really remember much about it. Seemed cool though.

Kadishack - Seemed okay, but I don't think he likes me very much. Probably was just stressed out because of the tournament or something.

Deep6er - Gearhart was awesome, but wasn't how I pictured him at all. I expected a Mike Herbig lookalike. He was very nice though. I got an Unhinged Island signed by him. It's my good luck charm along with my Craig Jones signed Mise.

Bane/Angel of Despair - They seemed nice. She gave me some favorable trades. Why does he let her trade out of his binder though? That was so whipped. Whatever, they seemed like a nice happy couple having a fun weekend together. Thumbs up.

Legacyplayer0 - Stolze was tight, but quiet. I think he was super tired. Falling asleep at restaurants is tech.

Ta Jugs - LOLZ!!! Ta Jugs is hilarious and seems like a super chill dude. Craig Jones sided out Fish cards and sided in Flash cards and Ta Jugs was shocked! Super good times!

Mr. Nipples - He was always busy so I didn't get to talk to him much. Seemed fun. Crazy hair. I wish I had Mr. Nipples and/or Dominic's hair.

I don't know if I missed anyone. Most everyone else I already knew, like Overlord, powergamer, etc. I wanted to meet AntiAmerican and Slay, but I didn't see them. Oh well, there's always GenCon.

Kadishack
05-21-2007, 04:31 PM
Kadishack - Seemed okay, but I don't think he likes me very much. Probably was just stressed out because of the tournament or something.

I was just stressed out that was all. After losing to a retard in a Gp Trial Final in the 3rd game I was all pissed off. Then starting the day at 1-0-2 wasn't a good thing but then I went 5-1 the rest of day 1. I just didn't have a lot of time in between rounds to chat that is all.

nitewolf9
05-21-2007, 04:35 PM
It was great to meet so many people on the source and have faces to put with names. One of the highlights had to be the unhinged tournament...sorry to powergamer and noobslayer for making you guys say racial slurs at full volume, but I simply couldn't resist...and how many lands do you run :smile:? Oh, and Shaq Fu was the one who got the temporary tattoo, applied by yours truly in mandatory homo-erotic fashion. I look forward to seeing you all again at the next event (whenever that will be).

Caboose
05-21-2007, 04:35 PM
I was just stressed out that was all. After losing to a retard in a Gp Trial in the 3rd game I was all pissed off. Then starting the day at 1-0-2 wasn't a good thing but then I went 5-1 the rest of day 1. I just didn't have a lot of time in between rounds to chat that is all.

No prob. It's hard to be happy when you get bad beats :frown:

foursquare
05-21-2007, 05:01 PM
I was just stressed out that was all. After losing to a retard in a Gp Trial Final in the 3rd game I was all pissed off. Then starting the day at 1-0-2 wasn't a good thing but then I went 5-1 the rest of day 1. I just didn't have a lot of time in between rounds to chat that is all.

Wait... You lost to a somebody who is honestly mentally handicapped? Or someone that is just an idiot? Because if he really was handicapped, that'd be hilarious.

sammiel
05-21-2007, 08:01 PM
Bane/Angel of Despair - They seemed nice. She gave me some favorable trades. Why does he let her trade out of his binder though? That was so whipped. Whatever, they seemed like a nice happy couple having a fun weekend together. Thumbs up.

I dont know why, but this has me cracking up.

Soto
05-21-2007, 08:03 PM
What's the story behind Nick Trudeau's DQ ?

Bryant Cook
05-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Wastedlife - Bryant lost his voice, and didn't seem very interested in talking to me. I saw him lose to Death and Taxes and decided that I'd try to gain his friendship next year.

Losing your voice makes you very angry/tired. You have to put a lot more effort into everything. Oh, I was furious after losing to that deck. Fuck counterslivers I will never play that heap again (Sorry Volt and the rest of you, I respect your work but wheres the Dark Rituals?). Never have I lost to WW except playing counterslivers, how awful.

I met a few sourcers, I already knew most of them. My favorite part of the day is when this happened:
G1 on the play
Me: Gemstone -> Xantid (forces)
Him: plains go.
Me: City -> Xantid (Forces)
Him: island, go.
Me: Rite of Flame (Forces)WTF!!!!!
Him: Meddling Mage on Flash, go.

Volt
05-21-2007, 08:47 PM
I was mildly disappointed with how I ended up in the tournament (5-4), but I had a great time overall. It was a pleasure to meet the Hatfields, IBA, Nightmare, Deep6er, and Nantuko Shady. Everyone seemed super-cool. A few other Sourcers were pointed out to me, but I didn't actually get to meet them. Wish I had been able to meet you all.

Oh yeah, and I was happy to see that I wasn't the oldest dude there, although I was definitely in the top 2%. :cool:

kicks_422
05-21-2007, 08:54 PM
G1 on the play
Me: Gemstone -> Xantid (forces)
Him: plains go.
Me: City -> Xantid (Forces)
Him: island, go.
Me: Rite of Flame (Forces)WTF!!!!!
Him: Meddling Mage on Flash, go.

Hilarious. :laugh:

goobafish
05-21-2007, 09:04 PM
I have no clue who I met, I never bothered asking Source or TMD usernames. I am more active on SCG and TMD than I am here (obv). I know I met WastedLife and emidln. It would be cool if I could put some names to the faces from the GP. I was playing UGr ***** w/ maindeck Spell Snares, Wastelands, and Stifles. I am a big guy wearing bright orange button down shirt on day 1 and peach colored polo day 2. Let me know if you played me / talked to me.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
05-21-2007, 09:09 PM
I thought that the entire Source community represented the format very well. The atmosphere at the GP was very friendly and inclusive, except of course on the part of those people that chided others for making the format unfriendly and elitist. Ironies abound.

Granted, I had a nightmarish time trying to keep faces with Screennames straight, but it was a good scene anyway.

powergamer1003
05-21-2007, 09:26 PM
The GP was great, it was a blast and I had alot if fun. Plus, I got a pro point. Thanks soo much Mr.Nipples

The Rack
05-21-2007, 09:48 PM
What's the story behind Nick Trudeau's DQ ?

Nick was DQ'ed?

NANTUKO_SHADY
05-21-2007, 10:07 PM
Yes. This is what I took from the story. Shaq-Fu beat Nick, but he forgot to realize that the winner was responsible for taking the match slip up. Therefore, he let Nick take the slip up. Nick then proceeded to cross out the game wins to make himself look like the winner of the match. It was sooooo obviouse, as it was clear that a black marker was used to cross out over the pen that Shaq-Fu used. Nick was then called up to the judges table and was DQed for the day, and I'm assuming a very severe penalty is going to follow.

Isamaru
05-21-2007, 10:24 PM
The fact that the person dropped a Mage on Flash after seeing that much of the deck or even reading your name means that most people that came knew nothing about the format. It's okay if it means we gained players, but in the case of Gadiel and so on, it really was a bit insulting.

So how do I become a sourcer? If I go to Gencon, I want one of those 'cool' T-shirts I saw you people wearing.

Oh and apparently I beat Noobslayer in Round 9. Sorry about that :tongue:

noobslayer
05-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Noobslayer - I still don't know if Noobslayer loves me or hates me. Everything he said to me was ambiguous. He probably loves me, though.
It's not that I hate you, you are obnoxious, as I am sure you are well aware of. I think in all honesty though I wouldn't mind hanging out some time though.

Oh and apparently I beat Noobslayer in Round 9. Sorry about that :tongue:
Happens, I think my deck just rolls over to a 7/7 trampler for BB.

I had a blast though, I will write more on it in a day or two.

dre4m
05-21-2007, 11:23 PM
The GP was awesome, not the playing, for my entire team did awful and I lost to mised Stifles all day, but meeting some of the pros was amazing. Paulo Vitor Damo da Rosa is an amazing guy, and much taller then I imagined, and Gadiel was very different from what I expected. I accomplished my goal for the GP, which was meeting Jack Elgin, but I'm sure he doesn't remember me. Jack pointed out Mr. Nipples, ObFreely, and Wastedlife to me, but I didn't get to meet them as my team left shortly thereafter. I wanted to meet Mr. Nightmare and Diablos, but I had no idea what they looked like and couldn't find Adam on the pairings sheet for some reason. The real awesomeness was the T1 side event and the wild partying on Saturday night, especially considering I'm the only one on my team who remembers it all. They're all lightweights.

Caboose
05-21-2007, 11:37 PM
It's not that I hate you, you are obnoxious, as I am sure you are well aware of.

Do you mean the round that we sat next to each other? I was trying to act like Steve Menendian that round, to see if it improved my play.

...It did. :frown:

TheInfamousBearAssassin
05-21-2007, 11:41 PM
We had cool shirts? I was actually wondering why no one bothered to mock up some Source t-shirts for everyone. Then I remembered that Sourcers are lazy and unorganized.

Caboose
05-21-2007, 11:45 PM
We had cool shirts? I was actually wondering why no one bothered to mock up some Source t-shirts for everyone. Then I remembered that Sourcers are lazy and unorganized.

I think he was referring to some random team that had shirts that said "Your source for Legacy" on the back. That wasn't us. I don't know who those noobasaurus rex's were.

Happy Gilmore
05-22-2007, 12:07 AM
I had a wonderful time and I wan't to thank everyone that organized rides, hotels, etc. I have no room to complain going 8-1 day 1 and finishing day two 11-3-1 at 16th place. Needless to say I finished in the positive money wise :tongue: . It was wonderful seeing old friends and new faces. I finally met Pinder, Hani, Bane and AOD, as well as many others.

BTW, anyone going to PT Valencia?

hi-val
05-22-2007, 01:36 AM
I met Mr. Nightmare, and though we didn't get a chance to talk much, I enjoyed meeting him and had a genial, but short, conversation about the quantity and quality of plays that Flash has.

powergamer1003
05-22-2007, 01:39 AM
I had a wonderful time and I wan't to thank everyone that organized rides, hotels, etc. I have no room to complain going 8-1 day 1 and finishing day two 11-3-1 at 16th place. Needless to say I finished in the positive money wise :tongue: . It was wonderful seeing old friends and new faces. I finally met Pinder, Hani, Bane and AOD, as well as many others.

BTW, anyone going to PT Valencia?

Congrats again man, much love to my bro who made it

Mr. Nipples
05-22-2007, 01:57 AM
The GP was great, it was a blast and I had alot if fun. Plus, I got a pro point. Thanks soo much Mr.Nipples
Don't get too excited. I expect a plethora of sexual favors :wink: .

Nightmare
05-22-2007, 09:03 AM
I met Mr. Nightmare, and though we didn't get a chance to talk much, I enjoyed meeting him and had a genial, but short, conversation about the quantity and quality of plays that Flash has.Ever notice no one ever says bad things about people on Meandeck who aren't Steve, Toad, Rian, or sometimes Doug? It's like it's made up of mostly nice guys or something. Weird.

Nice meeting you, too Doug, even if our conversation was particularly brief.

Aside from Hi-Val, I met a veritable asston of people from The Source, I can't even list them all here. It was fun to have random people say "Hey, aren't you Mr. Nightmare?" and then introduce themselves. I never knew I was so recognizable. Even with me sucking at the playing of Magical Cards, I had a great time, thanks in no small part to all the awesome people we hung out with.

Cavius The Great
05-22-2007, 12:48 PM
I had an awesome time. I met Caboose (who is funny as hell), Mr. Nightmare, Emidlin, happy gilmore (which I expected to be semi-retarded becuase of his Adam Sandler avatar, ironically he turned out to be highly intelligent), Noobslayer, Freakish777, and I few others. I also got "dap" from Jack Elgin and joked around with Dave Gearhart which I've both known for a while.

But the most memorial moment is when Me, my buddy Tividar, Watcher487, Kenderleech, and Freakish777, all went to this resturant at like midnight (I met Emidlin there too) and sat down to have some food. I wasnt hungry so I just ordered a Sam Adams beer. I finished my first beer in like 2 minutes and ordered a second one. I got down to 1/8th of my second beer and then Freakish777 got a little carried away in a conversation about some Magic play he made and swayed his arms agianst the table and spilled my beer all over my pants and broke the glass. I was already buzzing so I didn't matter much to me but I was slightly upset. I then made a comment how most magic players are spazzes and then gradually got over it. Good times though, good times.

Nightmare
05-22-2007, 01:08 PM
If you'd like to continue the discussion of specific players' gameplay and whether it is or is not polite, please move it to another form of communication. I recommend PMs or Instant Messenger.

sammiel
05-22-2007, 01:27 PM
spilled my beer all over my pants

Anyone know where Freakish lives? I think he needs to expire messily for being the reason for wasted Sam Adams.

T is for TOOL
05-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Props:

Obfuscate Freely - For bringing both my cards and my Absinthe
ShaqFu - For svg Ganon SSBM pwnage.
Noobslayer - For 2v2 team battles. We never actually played the epic Falco vs. Jiggz 1on1 match, but I'll be expecting it next time.
Happy Gilmore, Quicksliver, Ewokslayer - For trying out SSBM. Practice makes perfect.
Everyone who made day 2 - Especially HappyGilmore for making T16.

Slops:

MadZur - For playing Counter-Sliver instead of Flash.
Anwar - For playing Blue Death instead of Flash.
Nick Trudeau - For cheating and getting DQed from the tournament. I hope the DCI takes appropriate action.
Flash - For warping the GP meta into an unhealthy state.
Team EPIC - For leaving Sunday morning. You missed SSBM + Absinthe.

Machinus
05-22-2007, 01:37 PM
Slops:

Anwar - For playing Blue Death instead of Flash.

Seriously, what the hell. I can't watch him every minute!

Ewokslayer
05-22-2007, 01:40 PM
Blame the Hatfields.
I wanted him to play the disciple version of Flash.

Happy Gilmore
05-22-2007, 02:02 PM
happy gilmore (which I expected to be semi-retarded becuase of his Adam Sandler avatar, ironically he turned out to be highly intelligent

... :rolleyes: :cool:

Props:
1.To Everyone who was able to show up to the GP, we had a great turnout.
2. For Diablos and his amazing PANTS that I attempted to steal off his body the entire day. Plaid ftw.
3. For Dave Price, his home made wine, and his amazing hugs of unicorn goodness
4. Ewokslayer for telling me to just win
5. Obfuscate Freely, for lending me $200 dollars for the trip after I realized I forgot my wallet at home.
6. For all the people I met for the first time. (I’m going to right a little blurb on how the internet is a E-penis multiplier and not a static 3 inch growth)
7. SSB and T is for Tool for bringing the system.
8. The 880ish people that showed up for a legacy GP O_o
9. For the amazingly strange Italian restaurant we eat at day one, staying open just for us.
10. For the most incredible pizza ever invented by man (Alfredo sauce, corn, potato chips, and chicken) and to Scott S (Overlord95) for ordering it.

Slops:
1. Me, for forgetting my wallet at home
2. Caboose for leading 20 of the sourcers to a restaurant that wasn't open.
3. Cheaty Face
4. Flash for being so fucking retarded.
5. Mad Zur, for letting Anwar play Blue Death
6. AnwarA101, for letting Mad Zur play counter sliver (mostly it was Mad Zur since you actually did tell him not to)

TheInfamousBearAssassin
05-22-2007, 02:07 PM
I think he was referring to some random team that had shirts that said "Your source for Legacy" on the back. That wasn't us. I don't know who those noobasaurus rex's were.

I saw that, but it was actually "Your source for Magic". Although it confused me at first, too. They're some Chicago team. On a sad note, both people wearing said shirt I played against between two days beat me.

Mad Zur
05-22-2007, 02:51 PM
Seriously, what the hell. I can't watch him every minute!
This is mostly my fault. I failed to stop Alix from building a deck that wasn't Flash and then I failed to stop Anwar from actually playing it. I agreed to make him play a good deck and I did not follow through. I'd like to point out, though, that Alix was smart enough not to play the deck but he still didn't stop Anwar. As for myself playing CounterSliver, I accept full responsibility for my actions. Anwar tried his best.

The problem was that we both had the same irrational desire to play aggro-control instead of the best deck in the format.

For the record, Slivers and Blue Death are not bad decks, as far as decks that aren't Flash go. But they're still not Flash.

Firebrothers
05-22-2007, 02:52 PM
So I had a pretty random encounter with Caleb in the airport on the way home. Me and my teamate antimegas played magic with him from around 10 p.m. to 4 am because we were to cheap too get a hotel. Another magic player randomly showed up a little later into the night and we shared bad beats and other magic related stories for a few hours.

Zork
05-22-2007, 02:54 PM
First off:

Props:
Hatfields for the ride.
URABAHN for the lent Sea and Extirpate.
Hulk Flash for winning me games against better players because its retarded.
Noobslayer and T is for Tool for playing smash, maybe next time solo popo will win.
Gilmore for 16th... savage.
Outsideangel for not going and letting me play flash instead of notflash.dec
All of NoVa and Rochester crew for fucking rocking out 24/7

Slops:
Big Joblins for still making second in hulk.format
Hulk Flash for winning me games against better players because its retarded.
Outsideangel for not going and missing out some fun stuff.
Nick Trudeau for trying to blatantly cheat me out of a win
Me, for only playtesting the deck (as crappy as U/G Hulk is) 3 matches against counterslivers and building my SB the morning of the tourny

After watching what decks made up my beloved format at this tournament, I decided that if hulk is not banned, I'm going to quit legacy and play something else.

Pinder
05-22-2007, 03:29 PM
The GP was amazing. I definitely need to make it to GenCon if I can.

And I honestly apologize to Mad Zur for his performance day 1 (and to Wastedlife, who apparently picked Slivers up for a GPT). The deck just isn't as good in a format dominated by Flash instead of Goblins. Mav, Volt and I actually made some last minute changes to the list the night before based on the meta we saw at the GPTs. Maindeck Spell Snare = t3ch. Apparently it showed up in force, though, which blew my mind.

Hyper Super Ultra Turbo Props:
Caboose, for driving Mav and I all the way back into downtown on Sunday night. You fucking rock. And for the sweet Echoing Truths.
Volt, for reserving the rooms and letting Mav and I pay him back.

Props:
Gilmore, for making Top 16. And being pretty much the coolest guy ever.
powergamer, for the Unhinged draft, and calling the judges for Unhinged rulings.
nitewolf9, for being able to scream at the top of his lungs in the form of a question.
Rotten, for giving me a new Artichoke thread for making day 2 (despite my abysmal performance at day 2).
IBA, for signing a Gigapede and splitting those elcaires with me and legacyplayer0 (they were sooooo good). Oh, and for being right about CheatyFace.
Deep6er, for being pretty much nothing like I imagined he would be.
OF, for thinking Volt was me (:laugh:) and MZ, for not being bitter despite losing with my deck. And both for being super cool Sunday night.
ForceofWill, for buying my cards so I could eat dinner :P.
bane and AoD, for asking me to sign Slivers for them.
Everyone on the Source I met, for being awesomely cool guys.

Slops:
EPIC for not sticking around on Sunday. I actually wanted to meet you guys (well, I talked to Nightmare for roughly 2 seconds, but still).
American Airlines. Just...don't ask.

edit: Oh, and the t-shirts in question were for mtgchicago.com, and they said 'Your Source for a Competitive Edge' on the back.

calosso
05-22-2007, 03:38 PM
The only good thing that happened at the GP was that I won the JSS and won 500 dollars of scholarship money and an invite to nationals.

Slops

To my self for returning the wrong Island with daze.

ForceofWill
05-22-2007, 03:40 PM
Props: too many to mention

slops: Calosso for being retarded.

Nightmare
05-22-2007, 04:05 PM
Again: If you'd like to continue the discussion of specific players' gameplay and whether it is or is not polite, please move it to another form of communication. I recommend PMs or Instant Messenger.

Further discussion will be deleted and Warned.

CalebD
05-22-2007, 04:08 PM
So I had a pretty random encounter with Caleb in the airport on the way home. Me and my teamate antimegas played magic with him from around 10 p.m. to 4 am because we were too cheap to get a hotel. Another magic player randomly showed up a little later into the night and we shared bad beats and other magic related stories for a few hours.

It was definately good times. After we went through security me and the other guy kept talking magic/poker/anime until his flight left, and then I slept until my flight. BSing with you guys was definately one of the better parts of my weekend. I never did try out one of those massage chairs ;).

This may or may not be off topic, but I thought PES (Professional Events Services) was just about the worst large-scale tournament organizer I'd ever seen. You'd think with a tournament that large they could at least get a sound system that worked, or even judges that knew how to hold the microphone away from their face.

I talked to a lot of players that had byes but did not receive them because there was an announcement for them or something and they didn't hear it because it was unintelligable.

Anyway, it just means I won't be traveling for one of their events again.

Gekoratel
05-22-2007, 04:38 PM
I had a great time at this event, I'll never miss an excuse to hang out with friends and play some magic. I met the usual people I see that T1 tournies; Menendian, Maustriano, Chang. Along with the Rochester legacy players I got to see the Virginia and Syracuse crew.

Props:
Everyone I played for being a class act
Rochester for having 6 people make Day 2
All the people that I met and saw again over the weekend
Everyone who played Fish over Flash, thank you :)
Goblins for putting 3 in the T16 despite playing in a field infested with combo

Slops:
Myself for losing the mirror twice and fetching incorrectly
That random guy who savagely cheated
Trembly for losing to Goblins twice with Belcher

I'm going to start testing for Block seriously in anticipation for the next GP and the qualifier format so if your playing in the tri-state area I'll prob see you at PTQ's.

Nightmare
05-22-2007, 04:50 PM
I'm going to start testing for Block seriously in anticipation for the next GP and the qualifier format so if your playing in the tri-state area I'll prob see you at PTQ's.Have fun back home, Upstate will miss you. Don't be a stranger.

Di
05-23-2007, 02:06 PM
People I met:

Caboose: I pictured this guy being blonde. And his attitude and personality completely contradict his so-called political background. Oh well, he's a cool ass guy; almost as cool as me.

100+ lurkers: As Nightmare said, I was also thanked for doing a good job on the site and for having the site up by many people who don't regularly post. Although I'd like to see more people posting and contributing, it's all good. I suppose it's tough when a small fish comes into a pond full of sharks.

Roland Chang: I finally met the imfamous Roland Chang. He, Nightmare, and myself had dinner together. He's a class act.

Hanni: I've finally found someone shorter than I am. Not as sexy, but shorter. Awesome.

100+ sources: I met an obscene amount of people on there to the point of not remembering everyone, so don't be offended when I'm not mentioning your name. You guys were all cool.

All my opponents: I didn't have a dick for an opponent the entire time. Everyone was really nice and cool, even the pros I had for rounds 7 and 8. Thanks for being good opponents, and gracious when you lost to turn 1-2 Flash.

Props:
Dominic: top 16 is pretty nice.
Me: I looked so damn good the entire time. My sunglasses are damn sexy.
Me: For making 100 awesome quotes during the trip. I'm so funny!
The other sourcers for making day 2: awesome job. There's a lot of you, so I won't mention you all.
Mike Teachout (Mr. T): You are the man for driving. Seriously.
Allen (URABAHN): I love you and your pedo-goodness.
Perkins: You were delicious.
White Castle: It's White Castle!
Razormane Masticore: You are sweet. And sexy.
There should be a number of others here too, but my memory is hazy. If you aren't in my slops, then you are in my props.

Slops:
Ohio: Wow, this has to be the gayest state I've ever been in.
Dominic: I was wearing SHORTS, not pants. I know they were wicked hot, though.
EPIC Syndicate: We didn't day 2. Bryant and myself going 6-3 doesn't cut it.
Me: Walking into a Sudden Shock and losing a round against RG beats. That cost me day 2.
Bryant: Speak up?
Calosso: given
Guy at Pizza Hut: Wtf @ this guy. I thought we were going to be killed.
Flash: I couldn't play E!GBRuATSA because of you. Fuck you.
Hotel room TV: Only in Ohio will you find a TV that doesn't have the necessary outlets to hook up a Gamecube. Fuck you, Ohio.
There are number of other slops here too. If you aren't good enough for my props, then you can go here.

Nightmare
05-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Colin: So you're name is Steffon? Can I call you Steve?
Noobslayer: No.
Colin: Ok, Steve.

Ewokslayer
05-23-2007, 02:41 PM
Hotel room TV: Only in Ohio will you find a TV that doesn't have the necessary outlets to hook up a Gamecube.

The TV in T is for Tools room had the necessary outlets. You should have used that one.

Ewokslayer - He didn't seem to like me. I decided I wasn't going to put effort in to change his mind.

Did we even meet?

EDIT:
@ Mr. Nightmare
Cute Avatar. I guess scrubbing out at the GP means you aren't good enough for the awesomeness that is Hobbes.

Nightmare
05-23-2007, 02:57 PM
@ Mr. Nightmare
Cute Avatar. I guess scrubbing out at the GP means you aren't good enough for the awesomeness that is Hobbes.It was time for a change. I've still got that one kicking around if I decide to go back to it.

Bane of the Living
05-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Props

People brave enough to play pet decks and not Flash.
Pinder for trading me some great slivers.
IBA for brushing me up on the red removal problem w/ HF.
Sourcers that made day 2.
Hanni for being the only one to beat my post FS list of HF and being a cool guy.
Chris for letting us stay with him a night and driving us around.
Ben for dragging us around the US.

Slops.

White Castle for not living up to the legend.
The Ramada for not having a pool open.
Me for losing to multiple Mogg Fanatics.
The guy who drew 7 Meddling Mages in 2 games.
The EPIC Syndicate for not sticking around at all.
Machinus + Anusien for doing poorly.
Pro's who walked all over our format.

Machinus
05-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Machinus + Anusien for doing poorly.

I'll admit I was not very good at this event, but 6-3 is about 700 players better than 0-0.

IndyTerminator
05-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Props:
Meeting all the Sourcers I talked to: Ewokslayer, IBA, Nightmare, legacyplayer0
David Gearhart for being entertaining during his feature match.
All of my opponents who were class acts.
My friend Bob for snagging a box of pens because people leave them

Slops:
Me for doing shitty with Aluren, but it was a given with Flash.
Gadiel for being kind of a dick.
Flash
My friend Bob for not playing because of Flash but driving anyways

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone who comes to Gencon.

umbowta
05-24-2007, 12:14 AM
We had cool shirts? I was actually wondering why no one bothered to mock up some Source t-shirts for everyone. Then I remembered that Sourcers are lazy and unorganized. I had a printing company lined up and was ready to handle logistics but the artwork for the front of the shirt didn't come through in time...still didn't...but hey, maybe we can have them done for GenCon!!!

Slops:
Ohio: Wow, this has to be the gayest state I've ever been in.
I warned you guys about the Caboose sausage fest. It's all fun and games until someone humps a cheatyface.

overlord95
05-24-2007, 12:30 AM
It's all fun and games when Jack Elgin gets skull fucked by a cheatyface. Edited for truthfulness

noobslayer
05-24-2007, 03:26 PM
My long overdue props, slops, and not so much.

Props:
Mr. T. We all owe you one for driving, and doing so in a fast manner.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza.
Anarky87, it was great to meet you man, I look forward to seeing you and your crew again soon. Congrats on day 2.
Caulyn for loaning me flash for the trial.
Mulletus for being a great sport in the trial.
everyone who I borrowed cards from, you made my participation actually possible.
Pinder, Bane, Angel, Isamaru, Hanni, Cavius, and the other sourcers I've forgot to mention. It was great meeting you all.
White Castle!
Everyone who made day 2 in a field on 900 people.
T is for Tool. Absinthe, melee, and a plethora of humor.
The vendors there, for providing some excellent deals you can't find anywhere else.
Unhinged draft.
Virginians, enough said.
Anwar, you are definitely someone I look forward to seeing in the future.
Allen, for being pretty cool, and never at a loss for humor.
Dave Gearhart, for the amusing quotes in the feature match coverage.
Both the car ride down and back again. I've never laughed so much.

Slops:
Myself. It turns out even I don't know where the fuck I live, so the Epic guys ended up wasting forty minutes in the city.
Almost dying after getting Buffalo Chicken Pizza:
"You got chronic? What chu' scartchin' yo eye for? I ya boys from New York, whattya doin up here? Oh, so now your gonna be an asshole about it. Hey, get back here <reaches into pocket>" (/end Dialog, Mr. T hits the gas and flies out of the parking lot)
Myself again, for not really having an advanced idea of what I should play.
Syracuse, for bailing out early.
IBA, for getting disqualified without prize in the first source hosted unsanctioned Unhinged booster draft.
Dave, for not knowing what Bukake was.
Flash.

Not so Much:
Bryant, for losing his voice. I know it made his weekend that much more difficult.
Tables, for making a good bed in a pinch.
Nooks, for also making a deceptively comfortable place to sleep.
Kreiger: "Are you guys talking about Bukake?"

UrDraco
05-24-2007, 04:09 PM
The GP was really amazing. My personal GP experience on the other hand sucked. After going 6-0-1 at a GPT and winning 3 byes I ran into the worst luck of my life. I had to mull down to 4 several times because I drew zero lands. There were two games where I literally drew the same card 4 times in a row, and didn't need the card. Another game Dark Confidant literally turned over the only 3 3cc cards in my deck. Yet another game was plagued by drawing 36 cards and not 1 was one of the 15 creatures in my deck. All of this with the same deck I won the GPT with. And of course after completely altering my sideboard for flash, I didn't even play it once... The one cool thing that I got out of the tournament beside dropping 100+ points in my rating, I was mentioned by a pro in this article.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgevent/gpcol07/pblog1#2

When he says "Some guy next to us was doing silly things with Brand." He is referring to me. And not only that, I sat next to him the only match where I didn't run into deathly bad luck and won the match.

cdr
05-24-2007, 05:02 PM
My favorite thing from Craig Jones:

Round 14 and I managed to catch somebody out completely.

Cody Mannion was playing Faerie Stompy. Cloud of Fairies with a Jitte killed my entire hand, but then I boarded into Flash and combo'ed off in games two and three.

He looked surprised in Game 2 when Flash hit. That warmed my cold black heart up somewhat.

That's TaJuggs.

Caboose
05-24-2007, 08:32 PM
My favorite thing from Craig Jones:

That's TaJuggs.

I watched this game from Craig's perspective. I saw him side in the Flash board, and I got a boner. TaJuggs had a great start, but when Craig dropped Flash, TaJuggs looked like he had seen a ghost. I actually jumped up and down and exclaimed that Craig Jones was a genius. I must have looked dumb getting excited over the match at the last table, lolz.

dre4m
05-24-2007, 10:59 PM
Almost dying after getting Buffalo Chicken Pizza:
"You got chronic? What chu' scartchin' yo eye for? I ya boys from New York, whattya doin up here? Oh, so now your gonna be an asshole about it. Hey, get back here <reaches into pocket>" (/end Dialog, Mr. T hits the gas and flies out of the parking lot)

I would have to say that this is one of the funniest situations I have read and probably one of the most frightening to actually be in.

Di
05-25-2007, 12:44 AM
I would have to say that this is one of the funniest situations I have read and probably one of the most frightening to actually be in.

You have no idea. It's really hard to describe it if you weren't there. We just got in the car, and that guy in the car next to us just went off on a tangent. We really thought he was reaching for a gun.

Only in Ohio...

TheInfamousBearAssassin
05-26-2007, 04:00 AM
For legal purposes, I don't know any of you.

URABAHN
05-26-2007, 09:23 AM
Starpower Dance and Talent Competition

That's what I'm talking about.

Caboose
05-26-2007, 11:49 AM
Starpower Dance and Talent Competition

That's what I'm talking about.

Did our conversation about pedophilia get deleted? Dammit!

Di
05-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Who the fuck deleted that and why? It was part of the GP experience, asshole.

Caboose
05-26-2007, 03:06 PM
Who the fuck deleted that and why? It was part of the GP experience, asshole.

It really was. Urabahn and his speech on why little girls are awesome was literally the highlight of my GP, and probably the highlight for others. I wish Peter_Rotten would undelete it :frown:

Nightmare
05-26-2007, 05:06 PM
Who the fuck deleted that and why? It was part of the GP experience, asshole.Not me.

Pinder
05-26-2007, 05:14 PM
I'd put money on the fact that it was Rotten. He's always ruining our pedophiliac fun. :frown:.

Seriously though, that prom was where it was at. At least some of them had boobs.

Caboose
05-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Seriously though, that prom was where it was at. At least some of them had boobs.

I was avoiding the prom, because I didn't have a backpack to conceal my magic cards. I had to carry them around everywhere. It was so embarassing. But if I didn't have magic cards visible on my person, Diablos and I would certainly have run train on those hoes.

Pinder
05-26-2007, 06:30 PM
I had the backpack, but as you may remember, it says 'Magic: The Gathering' on the outside.

Either way though, I had to keep reminding myself that those 'hoes' were entirely too young for me. *sigh*

Caboose
05-26-2007, 07:25 PM
I had the backpack, but as you may remember, it says 'Magic: The Gathering' on the outside.

Either way though, I had to keep reminding myself that those 'hoes' were entirely too young for me. *sigh*

Since when is 20 too old for 18 year olds in a state where the age of consent is 16?

Slay
05-26-2007, 07:34 PM
Since when is 20 too old for 18 year olds in a state where the age of consent is 16?

Two words: Granny Porn.
-Slay

Pinder
05-26-2007, 08:07 PM

I suppose you have a point, but it doesn't really stop me from feeling like a creep when I hit on high schoolers....

sammiel
05-26-2007, 09:29 PM
im 24 and I still hit on high schoolers, whats the problem?

Of course, I might have a jaded outlook since my dad was 25 and nine years older than my mom at the time I was conceived~

Di
05-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Since when is 40 too old for 18 year olds in a state where the age of consent is 16?

Corrected.

As far as you and me running trains Caboose, you are 100% right. Except Nightmare and myself call dibs on the Eiffel Tower. That was discussed the entire weekend.

troopatroop
05-27-2007, 12:00 AM
Corrected.

As far as you and me running trains Caboose, you are 100% right. Except Nightmare and myself call dibs on the Eiffel Tower. That was discussed the entire weekend.

I feel great when i hit on high school girls. cuz it feelsa great when they suck on the cack. AMIRIGHT BOYS?! Eh?!

Di
05-27-2007, 03:34 AM
I feel great when i hit on high school girls. cuz it feelsa great when they suck on the cack. AMIRIGHT BOYS?! Eh?!

It's a much better feeling when you're not actually in high school.

edgewalker
05-27-2007, 08:39 AM
I'm sorta gonna miss being able to hit on highschool girls without the fear of being a registered sex offender

Michael Keller
05-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Slops:
My friend Bob for not playing because of Flash...

Smart friend.

If you can't beat 'em...don't play.

Cavius The Great
05-27-2007, 01:45 PM
If you're like me, hoes get flattered when you ask them out. I guess that's becuase I'm the fuckin shit. :cool:

scrumdogg
05-27-2007, 05:05 PM
If you're like me, hoes get flattered when you ask them out. I guess that's becuase I'm the fuckin shit. :cool:

Janitorial work at The School for the Blind FTW.......you might actually want to accomplish something before you sound off, like win something or design a deck that, oh, you know, wins something (other than the 8 man basement tourney at The School for the Blind....). Otherwise you & Radley & Elventitz & Clark Kant & Vacon should STFU.

On a sunnier note, GP Hulk Flash was a lot of fun as a day playing Magic beats the hell out of a day at work. It was nice to see all the Quse guys again & meet a few of the rest of you (we need to set up a Source meeting table at the next big event where people can introduce themselves). I also missed Pinder completely & still owe him a beer.

noobslayer
05-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Wow. I just looked up the DCI and my rating after Columbus. I took such a hit its almost like starting all over again.

Cavius The Great
05-27-2007, 07:02 PM
Janitorial work at The School for the Blind FTW.......you might actually want to accomplish something before you sound off, like win something or design a deck that, oh, you know, wins something (other than the 8 man basement tourney at The School for the Blind....). Otherwise you & Radley & Elventitz & Clark Kant & Vacon should STFU.

On a sunnier note, GP Hulk Flash was a lot of fun as a day playing Magic beats the hell out of a day at work. It was nice to see all the Quse guys again & meet a few of the rest of you (we need to set up a Source meeting table at the next big event where people can introduce themselves). I also missed Pinder completely & still owe him a beer.

LOL, girls want me man. U need to stop hatin'.

Caboose
05-27-2007, 07:30 PM
Wow. I just looked up the DCI and my rating after Columbus. I took such a hit its almost like starting all over again.

I went from 1690 to 1660 going 3-3-1 :frown:

Nightmare
05-28-2007, 08:04 AM
We're pretty much done here.