PDA

View Full Version : Led

AngryTroll
05-24-2007, 12:17 AM
Ok, so this is what separates me from a judge. I know this doesn't work, but I don't know how to prove it.

A buddy tried to announce a Tendrils, with just a Mountain left untapped and an LED. He tried to announce the Tendrils, and then pay for it with the LED. Now where do I point in the rules to tell him that's not legal? I tried explaining that I play Tendrils in Legacy, but he disagreed with me. The store owner disagreed with me also, but I won anyway.

Cait_Sith
05-24-2007, 12:25 AM
During the paying costs part of playing a spell, you may only play mana abilities. Lion's Eye Diamond, with its errata, can only be activated whenever you may activate an instant. When paying the cost for a spell you MAY NOT play instants.

LED was errata'd so it could NOT be used to do what your friend did with it.

cdr
05-24-2007, 01:20 AM
Lion's Eye Diamond 0
Artifact
Sacrifice Lion's Eye Diamond,Discard your hand: Add three mana of any one color to your mana pool. Play this ability only any time you could play an instant.

Ask your friend if he can play an instant while announcing a spell :3

------------------
JESUS CHRIST
IT'S A LION! GET IN THE CAR!

DeathwingZERO
05-24-2007, 05:20 AM
My curiosity is where were you playing where both a player and the store owner ruled against you? I know it's not any of the places I've played with you :D

AngryTroll
05-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Just hanging out here in Corvallis. Wasn't really a "ruling"...casual night at the store. Closest thing to 1.5 around here. The deck in question was running Yawgmoth's Bargain and Yawgs Will, Memory Jar, Wheel of Fortune, and all those sol ring and mana crypts and junk. I didn't realize how much Yawgmoth loved combo until then. Slivers managed to beat it even through all that type one goodness.

It's no Batcave, or your old store, but its the best I can do when in town. Lots of multiplayer, casual, and some extended is starting to be present.