PDA

View Full Version : Morph question

mikekelley
05-25-2007, 11:33 PM
Since I took a break from like urza's to ravnica, i really am not still 100% sure on some of the finer points of morph.

Say I attack with a facedown Maelstrom Djinn. My opponent has a face up exalted angel and chooses to block. Can I flip the djinn in response and make him a 5/6? I'm thinking yes.

Scenario two: I swing with a Maelstrom Djinn face down into my opponents faceup exalted angel. He chooses not to block. At this point, can I flip the djinn to make it a 5/6 and get in for five without him blocking?

I am pretty sure the answers to both are yes. I'd flip him before damage is dealt but after blocks are declared/not declared, correct? I know that unmorphing a creature is stopping an ability and does not use the stack, but because of this i just want to double check my rules knowledge here and make sure i don't look like a tard when i try to get fancy.

Anusien
05-26-2007, 04:16 AM
First off, you don't do anything in response to declaring blockers. Each player gets priority (in APNAP order) at the beginning of the combat step, after attackers are declared, after blockers are declared, and with damage on the stack.

Say I attack with a facedown Maelstrom Djinn. My opponent has a face up exalted angel and chooses to block. Can I flip the djinn in response and make him a 5/6? I'm thinking yes.
Yes, you can unmorph after blockers are declared.

Scenario two: I swing with a Maelstrom Djinn face down into my opponents faceup exalted angel. He chooses not to block. At this point, can I flip the djinn to make it a 5/6 and get in for five without him blocking?
Yes, you can unmorph after blockers are declared.

Anytime you have priority you can unmorph a facedown creature that has the morph text on it. This is a special action and does not use the stack.

mikekelley
05-26-2007, 09:57 AM