PDA

View Full Version : E.Plague/Pyroclasme vs nimble mangoose

Holo_rip
05-27-2007, 05:15 AM
Here are some question that i couldn't answer at a tourny.
I got an E.Plague on Mangoose (or werebear). My opponent got threshold, and play a mangoose. Does the mangoose die or come in play as a 2/2 ?
Second question : I got 6 card in my graveyard and a nimble mangoose in play. I play pyroclasm. What is the order in the stack, does my mangoose die or not ?
Third question (quit similar to the first) : i got E.Plague on Silver. My opponent play a plated sliver (no other sliver on the board), does the sliver die, or come as a 1/2. And, if there is a muscle/sinew sliver in play, and my opponent play a winged sliver, does the winged die or survive?
Thanks folks.

Holo.

kicks_422
05-27-2007, 07:07 AM
1. Mongoose comes into play as a 2/2 since Threshold is a static effect.
2. Mongoose dies becase the spell resolves first before the card is put into the graveyard,
3. Plated Sliver witha Plague on board is a 0/1. Toughness-boosting slivers are static, so when any other Sliver comes into play, they do with the added bonuses.

Silverdragon
05-27-2007, 07:24 AM
I'm not sure about questions 1 and 3 but for question 2 the answer is the Mongoose survives because state based effects are only checked when a player gets priority which is after the Pyroclasm resolved. Because as a part of the resolution Pyroclasm goes to the graveyard you have Threshold before the game checks for state based effects so the 2 damage are not lethal.

Tinefol
05-27-2007, 07:28 AM
Just a quick note: you got 2nd question wrong. While pyroclasm resolves and deals damage before it is put in graveyard, it doesn't actually "kill" a creature. Creature gets the damage on it, and if its lethal it goes to graveyard whenever the state-based effects are checked (whenever a player would get priority). In this case when state based effects are checked, pyroclasm is in graveyard already, effectively making Mongoose 3/3, since its a static ability.

kicks_422
05-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Really? Wow, I never thought it worked that way. Good thing I've never been in a situation like that before... :tongue: