PDA

View Full Version : Echoing Truth & Tokens

nightshade81
05-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Questions regarding Echoing Truth & tokens:

1) If I played Mogg War Marshal & Empty the Warrens, does Echoing Truth bounce both?

2) If I played Midsummer Revel & Hunting Pack, does Echoing Truth bounce both?

3) I'm 99.99% sure the answer to this question is no but I'm going to ask anyways; if I played Call of the Herd & Empty the Warrens, does Echoing Truth bounce both?

Bryant Cook
05-27-2007, 08:14 PM
It bounces all creatures with the same name. If it's a Goblin token and you create goblins with another card and it's a Goblin token they will both still be bounced. Now if it's a Squee, Goblin Nabob goblin token (Don't know how'd this happen just a card with goblin in the name) and a Goblin in play and they bounce the Goblin token the Squee, Goblin Nabob token stays in play.

Cait_Sith
05-27-2007, 08:22 PM
Questions regarding Echoing Truth & tokens:

1) If I played Mogg War Marshal & Empty the Warrens, does Echoing Truth bounce both?

2) If I played Midsummer Revel & Hunting Pack, does Echoing Truth bounce both?

3) I'm 99.99% sure the answer to this question is no but I'm going to ask anyways; if I played Call of the Herd & Empty the Warrens, does Echoing Truth bounce both?

Wastedlife explained why, so here are the simple answers:

1) It doesn't bounce the Marshall, but it does bounce any tokens the Marshall has made.

2) It would bounce the tokens made by each, yes.

3) No. Beast is not Goblin.

As a small note: With few exceptions a token's name and creature type are the same.

dre4m
05-28-2007, 12:50 AM
As a small note: With few exceptions a token's name and creature type are the same.

The exceptions are when a card says to "create a token named [insert name here] into play with [insert ability text]," like Dark Depths for example, makes a Marit Lage token, as opposed to a giant indistinct kraken token. Another exception are cards like Kiki, who creates tokens that are copies, and thus still have the same name as the copied creature.

Cait_Sith
05-28-2007, 10:09 AM
The exceptions I were thinking of were Kaldra (created by the Helm of Kaldra) and Stangg-Twin (created by Stangg). These have names but no creature types.

b4r0n
05-29-2007, 02:51 PM
The exceptions I were thinking of were Kaldra (created by the Helm of Kaldra) and Stangg-Twin (created by Stangg). These have names but no creature types.

Actually, both of those tokens have creature types. Kaldra has the creature type Avatar, and the Stangg-Twin token that Stangg makes has the creature type Stangg-Twin.

(For reference: Stangg (http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?name=stangg), Helm of Kaldra (http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?name=helm%20of%20kaldra))

Cait_Sith
05-29-2007, 06:25 PM
Ok. Kaldra still has a different name and creature type. That is always the big one I think of (I always try futiely to make a Kaldra deck so I can show off the hot Kaldra promo art)

Tacosnape
05-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Also, this isn't terribly related, but Call of the Herd makes Elephant tokens, not Beast tokens.