PDA

View Full Version : pact of the titans / forks

Holo_rip
05-28-2007, 07:25 AM
I play the pact, then forks on the pact.
Can i say that the new copy come under my opponent control ?
and does he have to paye the upkeep cost ?

thanks folks.

Holo.

Cavius The Great
05-28-2007, 08:06 AM
I'm not sure if this works, but if it does, this combo might be even more degenerate than Hulk Flash. :eek:

gnurbel2000
05-28-2007, 08:17 AM
This doesn't work, because Fork lets you choose only a new target, but no new controller for the spell.

Holo_rip
05-28-2007, 09:09 AM
This doesn't work, because Fork lets you choose only a new target, but no new controller for the spell.

Ok, and does it work if we cast donate on pact of the titans ?

Holo.

Atwa
05-28-2007, 09:30 AM
You can only donate the token away, you are still the one who has to play the cost for the pact.

You can only give away a perniment, not the control of a spell.

dre4m
05-28-2007, 10:37 PM
If you want to win with a Pact, just Mindslaver your opponent after they cast one, assuming that you will live until the next turn. Unfortunately, there's no way to let your opponent cast your spells.

Cait_Sith
05-28-2007, 10:59 PM
If you want to win with a Pact, just Mindslaver your opponent after they cast one, assuming that you will live until the next turn. Unfortunately, there's no way to let your opponent cast your spells.

Unless I am mistaken, I read somewhere that the pacts are worded so that if they CAN be paid they MUST be paid. I'll try to see if I can find the article or some rules guru to check up on this.

Edit: Okay, if the mana IS IN THE POOL, you must pay it, Slaver or not. If the mana is not in his pool, good game.

cdr
05-28-2007, 11:12 PM
Future Sight FAQ Pact entry:

* Paying the mana at the beginning of your next upkeep is not optional. However, playing mana abilities to generate the mana is optional. The effect can't force you to tap your lands, but it will force you to spend mana in your mana pool if you've generated enough.

It can't force you to actually tap lands.