PDA

View Full Version : Humility/ Mishra Factory

Raider Bob
05-28-2007, 11:26 PM
I am asking this question cause it was ruled against me both ways at the Grand Prix, I would just like to know what the correct ruling is.

Humility is in Play I activate a Mishra making the Mishra a 2/2, block and tap the Mishra to make it a 3/3. First ruling is I cant do this due to Humility negating the ability.

2nd case, Humility is in play I attack my opponent activates his mishra making it a 2/2 and taps it to pump it. Second ruling is he can do this cause Humility doesn't affect the pump rule as it was a land.

The first ruling I won the game and was like no problem thats fine. The second ruling I had lost 3 rounds already and was like oh well I don't feel like arguing about it. So what ruling is right, I kinda see the reasons for both ruling But feel the second one is correct, just looking for the right call.

cdr
05-29-2007, 01:11 AM
Excuses are weak. If you don't understand the ruling, appeal.

The first case is correct.

The second case sounds like your opponent used a non-animated Factory to pump the animated one? That works, otherwise it's not right.

Animated things will retain their set power/toughness, because the effect is newer than the Humility, but lose all abilities they had before the Humility was played.

Raider Bob
05-29-2007, 08:05 AM
No he only had one mishra in play. Anyway thanks Akki.