PDA

View Full Version : Word of Seizing + equipped creatures

Hanni
06-01-2007, 03:04 AM
I have a Meddling Mage with a Jitte equipped with 2 counters. My opponent casts Word of Siezing targetting Meddling Mage. When he steals my Meddling Mage, does he get the Jitte too? If so, can my opponent remove counters from my Jitte?

Pinder
06-01-2007, 03:06 AM
Does Word of Siezing have split second? If so, then no, you can't remove the counters in response.

Either way, the Jitte stays equipped to the dude, but if I recall correctly, you still have control of the Jitte, and can remove the counters to gain life (or use them to kill the Mage) at your leisure after the Word resolves.

Hanni
06-01-2007, 03:09 AM
I wasn't asking if I could remove the counters in response. It has split second. I was asking 2 things:

1) Does the Jitte stay equipped.
2) Can my opponent remove counters from the Jitte.

Pinder
06-01-2007, 03:17 AM
I wasn't asking if I could remove the counters in response. It has split second. I was asking 2 things:

1) Does the Jitte stay equipped.
2) Can my opponent remove counters from the Jitte.

AFAIK,

1)Yes
2)No.

Tacosnape
06-01-2007, 05:14 AM
Pinder is absolutely correct. Control of the Jitte does not change, nor does the equipment change which creature it's attached to.

Nihil Credo
06-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Note, however, that if the Equipment grants an ability to the creature (as opposed to having an ability of itself), your opponent would control that as long as the Equipment stays attached to the stolen creature.

Jitte has abilities of its own, so you are still their controller. Ditto for Sword of Fire and Ice. However, with something like a Viridian Longbow, your opponent would be able to tap the creature to ping for 1.