PDA

View Full Version : 4 SEA DRAKE TOURNAMENT 7/14/07 Hadley, Ma

OffTheWall
06-01-2007, 01:39 PM
For those of you that are unable to attend our grand opening on 6/23/07 we will be holding another legacy tournament to hopefully draw some of you from further away.

Date: Saturday July 14th 2007
Start Time: 12:30PM Registration begins at 11:30 PM
Type: Legacy (1.5)
Cost: $10.00
Minimum of 12 People
Where: 41 Russell ST
Hadley, MA 01035

1st place: 4 Sea Drakes or $150.00 store credit
2nd place: 4 Volcanic Islands or $100.00 store credit
3rd Place: 4 Savannah or $60.00 store credit
4th Place: 4 Wastelands or $30.00 store credit
5th-8th Places each get 3 boosters.
This will be a SANCTIONED event.
Hope to see you there.

For anyone interested, these events will be run by Kevin Wall, the former tournament organizer from The Dragon's Lair in West Springfield Ma.

technogeek5000
06-01-2007, 02:43 PM
I get back from vacation a week before this. Im realy likin all these tournament spots in MA.

telcontar
06-01-2007, 02:47 PM
I get back from vacation a week before this. Im realy likin all these tournament spots in MA.

It's great that MA has all these Legacy tournaments, but how come they're all in Western MA, or at least outside the greater Boston area?

Maybe I am misunderstanding the population distribution in MA ...

I raise the question as someone living in Boston who doesn't want to drive 2 hours each way to a tourney (yes, I know, I'm lazy).

wethepeople
06-01-2007, 04:39 PM
I plan to attend the Vintage event, as well as this. I really love the fact that Hadley has begun doing real Magic events (aside from T2, etc), and plan to make it to as many as I can.

Bane of the Living
06-01-2007, 06:26 PM
I really wish you were doing these Sundays. Saturday conflicts with every large DCI sanctioned event ever, not to mention my 12 hour work day..

Those are some great prizes, I wish I could make this.

ForceofWill
06-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Balls to The Walls Games more like it. I'm 100% going to this. Amazing prizes for 10$. Good to see you starting off big Kevin.

VsTheWorld
06-01-2007, 08:47 PM
With prize support like this, it's definitely worth the 2 hour drive from Stoughton. I'm making every effort to attend this one.

Cavius The Great
06-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Is Kevin related to Paul Wall?

OffTheWall
06-01-2007, 10:11 PM
for some reason all the students at my school call me paul wall, but there is no relation. That sucks that Bane can't come (you guys are great to play with), but as long as two other places in the area are running legacy on Sunday, it doesn't really make sense for me to do it too.

ReAnimated
06-01-2007, 11:33 PM
Ma as in Massachusetts or Maryland ( nor very good with the states)

mikekelley
06-01-2007, 11:48 PM
Whyyyyy is everythingggg west MASSSSSS GRR

scrumdogg
06-02-2007, 08:02 AM
but as long as two other places in the area are running legacy on Sunday, it doesn't really make sense for me to do it too.

Exactly, it also means that we can have 2 big Legacy tournaments in a weekend depending upon what the stores decide to do, which is awesome.

In other notes....
MA = Massachusetts
MD = Maryland
Montana =....who cares, it's Montana....
MI = Michigan
6th grade geography or easy Google FTW (if you have not yet passed the 6th grade, my apologies...)

Great tournaments in NOT Boston area, MA....hmmmm, if the sparsely populated central/western part of the state can hold these events, why exactly can't you lazy, unmotivated slackers get ONE store somewhere in Greater Boston to so the same? Quit whining, get off your (collective) ass, and get to work...fucking slackers. :cool:

insertnamehere
06-02-2007, 09:18 AM
As long as two other places in the area are running legacy on Sunday, it doesn't really make sense for me to do it too.

What 2 other places, I only knew of 1 and you left there to open your own store which by the way is the best I have seen in a long time. Considering you have everything that I need to fill my binder.

Cavius The Great
06-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Exactly, it also means that we can have 2 big Legacy tournaments in a weekend depending upon what the stores decide to do, which is awesome.

In other notes....
MA = Massachusetts
MD = Maryland
Montana =....who cares, it's Montana....
MI = Michigan
6th grade geography or easy Google FTW (if you have not yet passed the 6th grade, my apologies...)

Great tournaments in NOT Boston area, MA....hmmmm, if the sparsely populated central/western part of the state can hold these events, why exactly can't you lazy, unmotivated slackers get ONE store somewhere in Greater Boston to so the same? Quit whining, get off your (collective) ass, and get to work...fucking slackers. :cool:

Leasing in Boston is much more expensive. I really think that they would fail to make a profit in Boston becuase of the relatively low popularity of the game of Magic. I really think that's why we fail to see any popular shops in Beantown. Plus the Legacy format isn't as popular as Type 2 (Get on the ball, YMG!) and people are too stubborn to pick up a Legacy deck and support the format (Damn you casual players!)

BossOfTheGame
06-02-2007, 03:11 PM
I'll probably be going to this.

Bane of the Living
06-02-2007, 04:17 PM
I'll probably be going to this.

Who are you?

scrumdogg
06-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Leasing in Boston is much more expensive. I really think that they would fail to make a profit in Boston becuase of the relatively low popularity of the game of Magic. I really think that's why we fail to see any popular shops in Beantown. Plus the Legacy format isn't as popular as Type 2 (Get on the ball, YMG!) and people are too stubborn to pick up a Legacy deck and support the format (Damn you casual players!)

What does leasing have to do with anything? You hold tournaments in game stores (or civic space that you reserve) not in rented halls (unless you are a Premier level event). Speaking of which, New England doesn't get mass multiple hundreds to come to those (like Regionals - of which NE has 2 or States), do they? Greater Boston doesn't have leventy-million people, does it? Take a small percentage of leventy-million & you have decent sized tournaments (plus those of us who might take the train in....). As excuses go, those were sub-standard, go work on them & bring back some better ones (or better yet, go talk to gamestores & actually get a tournament going.....).

VsTheWorld
06-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Every once in a while, the Wizards Duel in Brockton has "Top Card Tournaments", which basically equate to facing janky decks in an attempt to win one card which the owner usually massively overvalues ($25 for Player Rewards Voidmage Prodigy? Wtf??). Did I mention all Legacy events there are 10 proxy and unsanctioned? Even with Underground Seas to the 1st and 2nd place finishers and a $5 entry fee offered at the last tournament, we could only get 6 people, not even the 8 minimum required to play for the Seas. 1st place got something like $16 store credit, 2nd-6th got nothing other than the boosters you get for playing. My point is that eastern Mass stores try at least, but the players here are just lacking.

Braves54321
06-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Please keep this topic about the tournament and not about store locations in MA. Also, any flaming of any kind will result in warnings.

-braves

insertnamehere
06-03-2007, 06:13 PM
For those interested, there is plenty of parking in the lot. No need to worry about that. For the people whose parents are driving them, there are shopping plaza's lining the road for miles. If you have never been to any of Kevin's events, they are top of the line (sanctioning of the Mana Leak Open courtesy of Off the Wall Games). I hope to see everyone there.

tylerwylie
06-03-2007, 06:42 PM
I wish we had game centeres near where I live that would do tournaments like this all the time for Legacy, sigh. :frown:

technogeek5000
06-04-2007, 02:02 PM
This is basically my legacy for the summer :rolleyes:. Lets hope this gets some good attendance and competition.

BossOfTheGame
06-04-2007, 06:18 PM
Who are you?

I used to play in albany, but then the guild closed so I haven't played in anything major for awhile.

technogeek5000
06-06-2007, 12:14 PM
So who's actually going to make this. I see about 7 people on this thread who said they were going to make it.

scrumdogg
06-06-2007, 01:32 PM
I will make it to this one, if I have to walk....

RoddyVR
06-06-2007, 04:51 PM
a little too far in the future for now, but will definetly do my best to be there... i dont know what sea drakes are (too lazy to look it up now) but i'd love the 4 duals 2nd place gets.

technogeek5000
06-06-2007, 05:50 PM
a little too far in the future for now, but will definetly do my best to be there... i dont know what sea drakes are (too lazy to look it up now) but i'd love the 4 duals 2nd place gets.

Sea drake is a 4/3 flyer for 3 mana from portal. When it comes into play return two lands to your hand. its worth around 50 dollars adn its makes faerie stompy tick

OffTheWall
06-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Finally managed to get the phone up and running if anyone has any questions, or would like to preregister. The number is 413-586-5451.

technogeek5000
06-14-2007, 10:18 PM
ForceofWill, I will be out looking for a rematch from last time, this time theres no flash to cloud my deck :rolleyes:

Also, i think everyone should stop complaining about how there is no east Ma Legacy. I live in CT and the only legacy here is the TML open every 6 months.

OffTheWall
06-15-2007, 09:01 PM
It turns out that this date is also the official Magic the Gathering Game Day (for the release of tenth edition). So......we will be holding a tenth edition tournament on the same date. The details are as follows:

Magic Tenth Edition Release Tournament
When: Saturday July 14th
Start: Registration will begin at 5:30 PM. Tournament begins at 6:30 PM
Format: Sealed deck. Each person will get 6 booster packs
Cost: $20.00
Prizes: 1/2 box of tenth to 1st.
12 packs of tenth to 2nd.
6 packs of tenth to 3rd and 4th.
Everyone that enters will recieve a free Reya Foil.

scrumdogg
06-15-2007, 10:08 PM
So the 10th Ed Sealed replaces the Type 2 or runs alongside it? Just curious (and wanting to know whether I need to bring a T2 deck or extra sleeves) :cool:

OffTheWall
06-16-2007, 11:37 AM
No Type 2 on this day. Only events will be the Legacy and the sealed deck.

clavio
06-25-2007, 09:08 PM
any guess as to what time this will finish?

insertnamehere
06-25-2007, 09:32 PM
Late

VsTheWorld
06-25-2007, 09:35 PM
Ok I guarantee I'm coming to this and I'm bringing at least 2 others with me (my brother and fellow Sourcer KillemallCFH and a friend we just introduced to the format). Hopefully I'll be able to get another friend or two to come.

insertnamehere
06-25-2007, 09:45 PM
The more the merrier. Kevin has an amazing store and always makes sure that every customer leaves with a great experience. Hope to see you there.

RoddyVR
06-26-2007, 09:34 AM
oh man, another doubleheader. the grand opening one on saturday was a tough day (though very fun, thanks). i had been planning on ignoring the 10th release, but now i guess i'll have to do both as i cant realy pass up a magic tournament if i'm already gonna be there.

might i suggest moving the start of the legacy tourny up to atleast Noon, if not earlier, cause i suspect you'll get as good a turn out to this as teh grand opening, and with these kinds of prizes it realy would be better to actualy have a cut to top 4.

OffTheWall
06-26-2007, 05:14 PM
It will without a doubt be a cut to top 8.
The start time of the sealed will probably move up to a little later, if it is needed.

technogeek5000
06-27-2007, 01:24 AM
Looks like attendance is going to be good for this one. I was thinking that a swiss top 8 would be good so that it will help out the person who lose first round of top 8.

clavio
06-27-2007, 10:29 PM
Looks like attendance is going to be good for this one. I was thinking that a swiss top 8 would be good so that it will help out the person who lose first round of top 8.

There would still only be one 3-0. I honestly don't think it would do anything other than make it more confusing than necessary.

EDIT: actually, I just thought for a minute, and making it a swiss doesn't change a thing. If you lose in the first round of the top 8, the best you can hope for is 5th place.

clavio
06-29-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm bringing someone who isn't dci registered, can he signup at off the wall?

OffTheWall
06-29-2007, 03:11 PM
Of course you can. I have a stack of registration cards.

insertnamehere
07-01-2007, 06:49 PM
I suppose I will attend this event. 2 playsets of sea Drakes is always good.

clavio
07-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Except that I'm winning them

edit: two sets ARE always good

PIXIE
07-02-2007, 06:34 PM
:tongue: I am DEFINATELY going to be there.. woooohooo :laugh:

Bane of the Living
07-02-2007, 08:38 PM
My team is winning these.

KillemallCFH
07-02-2007, 08:58 PM
We gotta shake things up a bit. I'm getting tired of seeing Death and Taxes winning every Western Mass tourney.

insertnamehere
07-02-2007, 09:32 PM
He can't always win.

Bane of the Living
07-02-2007, 10:08 PM
He can't always win.

Sometimes I beat him if we dont split.

Watcher487
07-02-2007, 11:16 PM
Sometimes I beat him if we dont split.

And sometimes, all I need is more than 1 land to beat all of Necro...

Come on, 10 people showed to that tourney. And you haven't been in the Finals for a long time for these 'actual' tournies. So, just a couple things. Shut up and actually prove yourselves, you guys act like your god's gift to Magic, but that's a little too cocky for a team that has only had 1 'member' actually Top 8 an real tourney. You disrespect people while they were on your team, and that's just sad.

clavio
07-03-2007, 10:22 AM
My team is winning these.

I'm not on your team

PIXIE
07-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Wow, it all of a sudden got so cliquey.

Bill's not on Team Necro anymore? Why is this?
WTF is "team freshly baked crayons" I love rainbows! What girl or gay guy doesn't?! Woohooo.

see you all there, chances are these cards will be MINE, by association. HA! :tongue: :wink: :tongue: :wink: :cool:

Watcher487
07-03-2007, 06:18 PM
To every one: Sorry the drakes r mine........38/3/1 is my record for the last 2 weeks...consistancy is a great thing...
To the watcher479959387384894873287 whatever..
I would like 2 thank you very much.YOU = automatic buy for me
it hasn't been hard not 2 loose a game 2 you...

Oh yeah,and if it comes down to the "All I Needed Was A Land" B.S.
that still means YOU LOSE!

sucker:tongue:

I know my match-up with you is 90-10 in your favor. But guess what, you haven't even faced a combo deck with that amazing record of yours.

SillyMetalGAT
07-03-2007, 06:31 PM
I know my match-up with you is 90-10 in your favor. But guess what, you haven't even faced a combo deck with that amazing record of yours.

Even with a 90-10 favor you'll still lose, well, because your a bad player. But don't feel bad, you've got Bill on your team now, and he sucks worse than you do! Are you still playing that silly 5c deck? Cuz I know whatever you play, you WILL suffer at the hand of my Goblins. I will pwn you. I will pwn Bill, and I will do it in the name of Team Necro, the team you love to hate. GGTHXPWNEDKKSTFUNOOB!!! Team Crayola = PWNT.

insertnamehere
07-03-2007, 09:44 PM
When all is said and Done we will see who is better. Let's just do what is important, support the store and have fun. I did hear Team Necro is looking for someone to supply them with cards, so they can borrow them.

BossOfTheGame
07-04-2007, 12:37 AM
Is "International Magic n00b Day" going on in Hadley? I want a free foil Reya Dawnbringer. It should go nicely with my Sea Drakes.

ForceofWill
07-04-2007, 12:48 AM
Well I'm going to have fun watching this one.

technogeek5000
07-04-2007, 02:35 AM
Everyone needs to stop stroking their E-penises, you cant ever be positive that you will win a tourney, because chance plays to large of a role in this game. I have put alot of testing in my deck, and i am pretty positve that i will atleast top 8, if i top 4 then great for me... I atleast walk away with more then I brought to the tournament.

BossOfTheGame
07-04-2007, 11:28 AM
You can never be sure that you will win, but you can be sure that everyone else will lose.

Kingfish
07-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Ok, from what I see here, we have 2 Teams that are bragging over who is better. From what I've seen, Team Necro only likes to b!tch and moan about beating on other teams and calling everybody noobs, Team Crayola or whatever they are called is bragging how much they will beat Death and Taxes. From what I have seen. Death and Taxes is an extremely good deck. kudos to the builder. I think the two teams should have their best 2 players play for fun against each other in team competition for bragging rights. From what I have seen the only 2 players on Team Necro that are doing the talking are Bane and GoGoGadget(sillymetalgat) I think it would be a great idea and additional promotion for the store to have a best of the best tournament. All I know of on Team Crayola is Bill and Watcher### unless they have other players that are will be there. Unless one of the Teams is lacking Kahonas

troopatroop
07-05-2007, 10:32 PM
The Irony is that neither of the teams are actually good.

ForceofWill
07-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Troopa I didn't see you at that underground tourny. You were talking shit in that thread too. I hope you come to this one atleast.

troopatroop
07-05-2007, 11:03 PM
No we were there.

ForceofWill
07-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Funny after winning it I don't recall you being there.

troopatroop
07-05-2007, 11:55 PM
There were 10 people. Either you're stupid or blind.

ForceofWill
07-05-2007, 11:57 PM
I must not have noticed because you did so bad.

technogeek5000
07-06-2007, 01:15 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhh BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Troopa what were you playing, I saw two flash decks, 1 or 2 fish decks, and a survival at the Underground sea thing.

I find it funny that Death and Taxes has been placing all over the northeast and there hasnt been a post in the D&T thread for about 5 to 6 months.

Watcher487
07-06-2007, 08:05 AM
I find it funny that Death and Taxes has been placing all over the northeast and there hasnt been a post in the D&T thread for about 5 to 6 months.

If you mean just in 1 store over and over again, then yes it's been placing all over the Northeast.

tivadar
07-06-2007, 08:23 AM
To everyone participating: Seriously, shut up with the whole "I'm gonna be an ass" thing. It gets old... fast. Don't get me wrong. I'm all for the gloating and a bit of goading, but seriously, lay off the personal insults/attacks. It's one thing to say "my team is the best team in the world and I roxor" (hopefully partially in jest...), and completely something different to say "this team sucks and everyone on it is a retard, especially so-and-so and this deck is horrible". I enjoy a little friendly competition, but we all should be able to go out afterwards and have a (root)beer, or at least be social with one another.

Ohh and just to clarify, I win the Sea Drakes. Sorry, but I've decided not to scrub this one :-P, which means only first place is left.

P.S. Death and Taxes is a reasonable deck splashed blue. I won't say it deserves DTB, but I'll grant it's making headway. However, it's not all that and a bag of potato chips...

troopatroop
07-06-2007, 11:56 AM
I must not have noticed because you did so bad.

I missed top4 on breakers.

scrumdogg
07-06-2007, 12:49 PM
I missed top4 on breakers.

Which is a vast improvement on all the other tournaments where you missed Top 4/Top 8 because either A) you sucked or B) you were too much of a pansy to actually show (which didn't stop you from running your mouth). There is an old expression 'put up or shut up' which you should contemplate all possible incarnations of (including the two obvious ones....that 'put up' requires both you showing up & placing in single elim, although there are other possibilities as well). Hopefully this will garner an outstanding turnout as Kevin has a great store & we should be focusing on the positives such as that & there being multiple high-incentive Legacy tournaments monthly within a short drive.

Kingfish
07-06-2007, 01:09 PM
For all the people whining and throwing temper tantrums because there team loses. I will bring tissues so you don't flood the store with your tears.

troopatroop
07-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Which is a vast improvement on all the other tournaments where you missed Top 4/Top 8 because either A) you sucked or B) you were too much of a pansy to actually show (which didn't stop you from running your mouth). There is an old expression 'put up or shut up' which you should contemplate all possible incarnations of (including the two obvious ones....that 'put up' requires both you showing up & placing in single elim, although there are other possibilities as well). Hopefully this will garner an outstanding turnout as Kevin has a great store & we should be focusing on the positives such as that & there being multiple high-incentive Legacy tournaments monthly within a short drive.

Listen, I never claimed I myself was good. I just think it's stupid for teams to bicker when, imo, neither of them have top caliber players. I can't remember a tournament where I said I was going and didn't go.

ForceofWill
07-06-2007, 02:10 PM
Listen, I never claimed I myself was good.

troopatroop
The Superior Player

troopatroop
07-06-2007, 02:46 PM
It's Sarcasm

Bane of the Living
07-06-2007, 03:28 PM
Ok, from what I see here, we have 2 Teams that are bragging over who is better. From what I've seen, Team Necro only likes to b!tch and moan about beating on other teams and calling everybody noobs, Team Crayola or whatever they are called is bragging how much they will beat Death and Taxes. From what I have seen. Death and Taxes is an extremely good deck. kudos to the builder. I think the two teams should have their best 2 players play for fun against each other in team competition for bragging rights. From what I have seen the only 2 players on Team Necro that are doing the talking are Bane and GoGoGadget(sillymetalgat) I think it would be a great idea and additional promotion for the store to have a best of the best tournament. All I know of on Team Crayola is Bill and Watcher### unless they have other players that are will be there. Unless one of the Teams is lacking Kahonas

Wait, we bitch and moan about beating other teams?? Actually we bask in the glory of your defeats.

Ill try to show up but I dont think I can get the work off. Hence my lack of shit talking. Dont dredge it up.

Oh and who are you?

Not posting your tech is tech.

If you mean just in 1 store over and over again, then yes it's been placing all over the Northeast.

He plays three sanctioned events a week. On Thursday he wins at Gamers Edge, on Saturday at Off the Wall Games, and on Sunday at The Dragons Lair.

When was the last time you won three sanctioned events a week?

Kingfish
07-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Wait, we bitch and moan about beating other teams?? Actually we bask in the glory of your defeats.

Ill try to show up but I dont think I can get the work off. Hence my lack of shit talking. Dont dredge it up.

Oh and who are you?

You will try and show up. From the sounds of what you are saying "we will win these" that must not pertain to you, considering you will not be there. That means your team will win and you will take them as yours. I. myself think teams are just another way of people who can't get their own cards so they form a team of people that get the cards for them.

As far as who I am "I am Kingfish" and that is all you need to know. When you decide to show up in Hadley, then you will get to meet me face to face.

insertnamehere
07-06-2007, 05:29 PM
As far as who I am "I am Kingfish" and that is all you need to know. When you decide to show up in Hadley, then you will get to meet me face to face.

WOW! A little bit Cocky for being new to the Source.

PIXIE
07-07-2007, 02:16 AM

Oh and who are you?

Not posting your tech is tech.

He plays three sanctioned events a week. On Thursday he wins at Gamers Edge, on Saturday at Off the Wall Games, and on Sunday at The Dragons Lair.

When was the last time you won three sanctioned events a week?

You all suck. You aren't good at encouraging new players especially hot little girls like myself. You are easily distracted by boobs, wicked mean to new players and ... again.. you all suck! Win A tournament! Win a tournament. Win a tournament. So far, my boyfriend has been winning them all. Again.... win a tournament. Win a tournament.. yea.. that's right.. shit talking? mmmhmmm...... Win.. oh wait.. you don't.. so all you're doing is .. shit talking.. yea... when did you win again? Oh .. that's right.. you suck... chances are.. you all have B.O. and drink mountain dew, minimally 30 pounds overweight and are super mean because you hate your life. No fun for new players. Oh and by the way... try to win a tournament before you talk so much shit. O hyea.... win a tournament much? Oh no.. thats right, my boyfriend takes all your cards away from you. Sooooooo now that's that over..
:smile:
I quote that guy fromKevins store on thursday night questioning Pete "did you see me at the tournament?" Pete replies, "No ?because you went up the losers bracket!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Oh yea.. try to win a tournament before you talk so much shit.:smile:

thanks.
Pixie

SillyMetalGAT
07-07-2007, 02:26 AM
You all suck. You aren't good at encouraging new players especially hot little girls like myself. You are easily distracted by boobs, wicked mean to new players and ... again.. you all suck! Win A tournament! Win a tournament. Win a tournament. So far, my boyfriend has been winning them all. Again.... win a tournament. Win a tournament.. yea.. that's right.. shit talking? mmmhmmm...... Win.. oh wait.. you don't.. so all you're doing is .. shit talking.. yea... when did you win again? Oh .. that's right.. you suck... chances are.. you all have B.O. and drink mountain dew, minimally 30 pounds overweight and are super mean because you hate your life. No fun for new players. Oh and by the way... try to win a tournament before you talk so much shit. O hyea.... win a tournament much? Oh no.. thats right, my boyfriend takes all your cards away from you. Sooooooo now that's that over..
I quote that guy fromKevins store on thursday night questioning Pete "did you see me at the tournament?" Pete replies, "No ?because you went up the losers bracket!"

thanks.
Pixie

Ummm.... Who are you? Are you Petes girlfriend? And dont worry about the whole "win a tournament" thing too, because I plan on doing just that. As a matter of fact, im so cocky about winning, Ill let everyone know im playing Mana-Less Ichorid, so bring the Leylines. and Kingfisher, I hope you have the skills to back up your shit-talking.

Kingfish
07-07-2007, 08:10 AM
Ummm.... Who are you? Are you Petes girlfriend? And dont worry about the whole "win a tournament" thing too, because I plan on doing just that. As a matter of fact, im so cocky about winning, Ill let everyone know im playing Mana-Less Ichorid, so bring the Leylines. and Kingfisher, I hope you have the skills to back up your shit-talking.

I do not think I have a good chance of winning but I am going to have fun and enjoy myself. If I win good for me, it is only a game, we should enjoy playing. People read your post bragging about how they are going to win it all and it discourages the new players who decide thay have no chance of winning so they do not come. If all of the noobs back off than that leaves a few good players and it also makes it harder for a so called pro who only plays small tournies to win. I am only trash talking players who always brag on the source that they will be there and they don't even show. I personally will be there to support Kevin's store. If I win good for me, If I lose then hopefully I had fun and enjoyed myself.

Remember you are not a top tier player if you borrow someone elses deck that wins tournaments.

Bane of the Living
07-07-2007, 08:36 AM
You will try and show up. From the sounds of what you are saying "we will win these" that must not pertain to you, considering you will not be there. That means your team will win and you will take them as yours. I. myself think teams are just another way of people who can't get their own cards so they form a team of people that get the cards for them.

By 'we will win these' I meant my team. I wont claim the sea drakes for myself but you can be sure anyone on necro will have access to drakes. Teams are about sharing glory and victory. Maybe your not on a team for a significant reason.

The only person talking shit that probably isnt gonna show is troopatroop and he basically does it in any tourny thread. I was simply claiming my team will win them. They will, I assure you.

Its also pretty rude to boycott a store in your signature. At least without explaining yourself. In my eyes its a priveledge to have the stores we do in MA and Im glad it supports legacy, even in a weak way.

Are you Ryan Krueger?

SillyMetalGAT
07-07-2007, 10:05 AM
Didn't you have access to 4. That's right you did. Oh well you could of had access to eight.

Why would we need access to 8?

@Kingfisher: Pro's actually netdeck/borrow decks from other people ALL THE TIME but thanks anyways. Its not the deck, Its the skill level of the person playing the deck.

VsTheWorld
07-07-2007, 10:36 AM
Suggestion for the mods: Please lock this thread until the tournament is over. It has degenerated into meaningless and annoying trash talk that contributes nothing to the site. Just a suggestion.

scrumdogg
07-07-2007, 10:43 AM
I dunno, I kind of enjoyed Samantha's rant against the mean (and boob-distracted....). About time someone from the other gender put Magic players in their place :cool: As for the trash talking, most of it lacks class but is a staple in tournament threads around here, hard to argue with a tradition (even a stupid one...). It does have the advantage, however, of motivating players to have to live up to their ill-conceived boasting (cough Derek cough) and provides gleeful ammunition for post-tournament eating of crow.

SillyMetalGAT
07-07-2007, 10:58 AM
I dunno, I kind of enjoyed Samantha's rant against the mean (and boob-distracted....). About time someone from the other gender put Magic players in their place :cool: As for the trash talking, most of it lacks class but is a staple in tournament threads around here, hard to argue with a tradition (even a stupid one...). It does have the advantage, however, of motivating players to have to live up to their ill-conceived boasting (cough Derek cough) and provides gleeful ammunition for post-tournament eating of crow.

Ill see you at T.E on sunday and bury any misconceptions you may have.

EDIT: BTW, I love this thread right now. Most entertaining one so far.

OffTheWall
07-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Just one week until the event. I just want to let everyone know that we will be using deck registrations so if you want to print one ahead of time feel free. Just make sure it has your name, DCI number, and accurate card list.
I look forward to seeing you all there.

Bane of the Living
07-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Just one week until the event. I just want to let everyone know that we will be using deck registrations so if you want to print one ahead of time feel free. Just make sure it has your name, DCI number, and accurate card list.
I look forward to seeing you all there.

As always Kevin, your tournaments have the most trash talking pre and post event. I only hope the competition panders out to a great attendance.

No one should stray from this event thinking its not a good place to sling some cardboard.

Any NY'ers coming down for a beating?

troopatroop
07-07-2007, 11:32 AM

thanks.
Pixie

Win a tournament.

...wait

SillyMetalGAT
07-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Win a tournament.

...wait

QFT.

Peter_Rotten
07-07-2007, 01:36 PM
You all suck. You aren't good at encouraging new players especially hot little girls like myself.

Um, men who are interested in hot little girls are generally called pedophiles.

You are easily distracted by boobs,

Well, if you're stereotyping, you better hope there isn't a sale on shoes next door.

wicked mean to new players and ... again.. you all suck! Win A tournament! Win a tournament. Win a tournament. So far, my boyfriend has been winning them all.

You aren't Bane's GF with a new account, are you?

chances are.. you all have B.O.

Nope. I smell gooood.

and drink mountain dew,

Nope

minimally 30 pounds overweight

Bah. Let's see how good you look at 32 after popping out a few screaming losers.

and are super mean because you hate your life.

Love my life. Yum, yum it's good.

my boyfriend takes all your cards away from you. Sooooooo now that's that over..

Huh? Is he playing for ante or is stealing cards? I'm currently missing 2 Taigas. Does he have them?

Pixie

- Slay > Pixie as sigs go.

BTW, shall I remind the state that I top 4ed a tourney there with friggin' BurningTog? I played that deck in Newark with a bunch of Epic members and Rochester players and got spanked. I played it in Mass and T4ed. Hmmm. Wonder what the difference was. (Rhetorical. I'm not really wondering.)

SillyMetalGAT
07-07-2007, 02:16 PM
Um, men who are interested in hot little girls are generally called pedophiles.

Well, if you're stereotyping, you better hope there isn't a sale on shoes next door.

Nope. I smell gooood.

Nope

Bah. Let's see how good you look at 32 after popping out a few screaming losers.

Love my life. Yum, yum it's good.

Huh? Is he playing for ante or is stealing cards? I'm currently missing 2 Taigas. Does he have them?

- Slay > Pixie as sigs go.

BTW, shall I remind the state that I top 4ed a tourney there with friggin' BurningTog? I played that deck in Newark with a bunch of Epic members and Rochester players and got spanked. I played it in Mass and T4ed. Hmmm. Wonder what the difference was. (Rhetorical. I'm not really wondering.)

LOL! P_R >>>>> PIXIE. My question for you Rotten is what were the two metas when you played?

Bane of the Living
07-07-2007, 03:58 PM

No this is Pete's (phaerimmarchlord)

Your always knocking on Burning Tog. I seriously dont think its a bad deck. Good control decks go a long way in a meta full of aggro and aggro/control.

Are you guys planning to come to this one? Id love to see tog face of against Ichorid.

clavio
07-07-2007, 04:21 PM
It's going to be an all New York top8

SillyMetalGAT
07-07-2007, 04:31 PM
Thats funny, I dontt see that. Oh wait, thats because I'll be there.

Bane of the Living
07-07-2007, 05:52 PM
Thats funny, I dontt see that. Oh wait, thats because I'll be there.

Weak.

insertnamehere
07-07-2007, 06:59 PM
It's going to be an all New York top8

I honestly don't think that will happen. Considering that most of the things that come out of New York SUCK

We may be a smaller state, but we have far better players than in New York.

ForceofWill
07-07-2007, 07:01 PM
I Love Kingfish's comment about top players not borrowing cards/decks when every pro I know pretty much don't own any cards. All they do is borrow win and give it back.

tivadar
07-08-2007, 01:08 AM
You all suck... hot little ... boobs

QFT

technogeek5000
07-08-2007, 01:24 AM
A very accurate statement.

Bane of the Living
07-08-2007, 09:49 AM
They actually call them moochers in english that pertains to a certain Team I know(not to mention names).

There is some truth to that, although sometimes you have to wait until they get them back from someone else they lent them to, by them they are already banned and you can't play them anyways.

On a side note, this goes out to Team Necro, I harbor no hard feelings towards anyone on your team. :tongue:

Dude dont tread on me.

I wonder if team Freshly Baked Crayons realizes you have a problem sharing yet. Go team spirit!

TheInfamousBearAssassin
07-08-2007, 01:22 PM
So, apparently Massachusetts trash-talking is like watching retards with oven mitts slap-fighting.

Some important notes:

1) Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any deck built in MA has actually won a tournament outside of MA. Just sayin'. A pissing contest over who the best team in Massachusetts is seems somewhat like getting into an angry argument over who the greatest ever Iranian rapper is. Is there a good reason to even possibly care?

2) You probably shouldn't talk shit at all unless you're good at it, but you should certainly wait until you win a tournament with more than twenty people, where at least a few of them are actually good at the game.

3) Having boobs doesn't actually make your opinion any more relevant or the statement "my SO beats you all the time" any less sad. Do you beat them at Magic all the time? Then you have no business talking shit.

4) You play a pretendy fun time game of pretending to be a wizard. At tops, you get to be the mightiest wizard in the realm. That's about it. You can stop taking yourself seriously now.

The King of Legacy magnaminously grants this thread permission to stop sucking now. Carry on.

troopatroop
07-08-2007, 01:42 PM
1) Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any deck built in MA has actually won a tournament outside of MA. Just sayin'. A pissing contest over who the best team in Massachusetts is seems somewhat like getting into an angry argument over who the greatest ever Iranian rapper is. Is there a good reason to even possibly care?

Amen

Watcher487
07-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Amen

Actually Troopa, I think he was talking about you too.

SillyMetalGAT
07-08-2007, 02:26 PM
So, apparently Massachusetts trash-talking is like watching retards with oven mitts slap-fighting.

Some important notes:

2) You probably shouldn't talk shit at all unless you're good at it, but you should certainly wait until you win a tournament with more than twenty people, where at least a few of them are actually good at the game.

3) Having boobs doesn't actually make your opinion any more relevant or the statement "my SO beats you all the time" any less sad. Do you beat them at Magic all the time? Then you have no business talking shit.

4) You play a pretendy fun time game of pretending to be a wizard. At tops, you get to be the mightiest wizard in the realm. That's about it. You can stop taking yourself seriously now.

The King of Legacy magnaminously grants this thread permission to stop sucking now. Carry on.

Wow IBA pwned another thread.

clavio
07-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Do we get a free Reya for going?

OffTheWall
07-08-2007, 05:24 PM
If you play in the tenth edition release tournament is at 6:30 PM. If you enter the sealed you get the Reya.

troopatroop
07-08-2007, 07:04 PM
Actually Troopa, I think he was talking about you too.

Listen, I never claimed I myself was good. I just think it's stupid for teams to bicker when, imo, neither of them have top caliber players.

Yeah.

insertnamehere
07-08-2007, 07:53 PM
I highly doubt I will win but I do know I will have fun. We should all put aside are ranting about who is better. Consider this, you are only as strong as the weakest member of your team. Yes NY has some larger tournaments but they have in my opinion not proven themselves in this area. I must admit, they are good players In NY. Just remember we all learned how to play about the same way and this is a game meant to have fun. Considering this is Team Necro area and no New York team has traveled out here lately to shut down Team Necro. I give them the odds on favorite to win. Team Necro only has good players on their team currently and they are growing almost weekly. I hope everybody who has put in their 2 cents decides to show up and play.

scrumdogg
07-08-2007, 09:01 PM

I guess the last TMLO doesn't count since Day 2 was split between a Woosta player & Watcher (Albany might as well be considered part of the MA metagame since we have the only tournies that can attend 'locally') :cool: Oh, and the decks were developed by the players & teams locally.

Ah yes, from your vast experience here in MA & surrounding areas. Feel free to talk out of your ass (Lord knows Troopa indulges) but you would be surprised by the level of play which has occurred at Kevin's new store. You would be almost as shocked as Derek (if he shows up this time...nice appearance today at TE btw...), Nate, and anyone else who hasn't been there yet.

Jander78
07-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Keep the discussion in this thread relative to the tournament. Any further discussion about teams or who's better than who at playing/shittalking should end right now, it has no relevence and is way off topic.

Bane of the Living
07-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Ah yes, from your vast experience here in MA & surrounding areas. Feel free to talk out of your ass (Lord knows Troopa indulges) but you would be surprised by the level of play which has occurred at Kevin's new store. You would be almost as shocked as Derek (if he shows up this time...nice appearance today at TE btw...), Nate, and anyone else who hasn't been there yet.

Im not trying to avoid you guys I just work 12 hours on saturday. I think Ill start playing there on Sundays just to support the store but that means a swap from Legacy to Standard.

RoddyVR
07-10-2007, 11:26 AM
i havent done enough sealed deck tournaments to know about how long they average, so i'm sort of curious if someone could give me a clue as to when i might get home after being in both tournaments and then driving just over an hour back to worcester.

speaking of going back to worcester, if anyone in worcester is interested in going to this (for both tournys) but is lacking a ride or wants to conserve some gasmoney, there's still room for one more in my car (after we shove allan and bill in). PM me if you wanna join our carpool to hadley.

niknight
07-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Roddy: To answer your recent question, deck construction is usually 30 mins with rounds that last about an hour each (every round in a sealed usually goes to time). So assuming 5 rounds, it should end about midnight.

OffTheWall
07-11-2007, 01:25 PM
I am hoping to have the tournament end by midnight. for anyone interested there is a hotel in the same parking lot as the shop. I will check on the rates for anyone interested, but everything should be over around 12:00.

PwnerOfNoobz
07-12-2007, 01:10 PM
I love Kevins store !!!!
kevins is one of the greatest guys ever and when it comes to holding a tourny he knows how to hold it and knows how to give out some really nice prizes.
you can count on me being there kevin.

technogeek5000
07-12-2007, 11:07 PM
2 days until this thing takes off. I will be bringing some family to this event with me.

KillemallCFH
07-12-2007, 11:14 PM
Good news - I'm bringing 5 people with me to this: Myself, my brother (VstheWorld), an unregged friend, and two friends whom we just got into Legacy (this will be their first tournament).

How many people in total are going to be here (approximately)?

technogeek5000
07-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Lol id guess around 30+ people. Alot of different people replied to this thread.

clavio
07-12-2007, 11:17 PM
I read somewhere the store can hold 40.

I'm bringing 4 people counting myself.

RoddyVR
07-13-2007, 10:09 AM
well, had nothing to do (work doesnt count), so took a quick look through the thread.

18 people have posted that they're going to this... and those who said they're bringing others in total are bringing another 9...
so just from this thread it make 27 people, and i'll bet there's quite a few who will show up without posting on this thread.

technogeek5000 - I get back from vacation a week before this...I will be bringing some family to this event with me.
wethepeople - I plan to attend the Vintage event, as well as this.
ForceofWill - I'm 100% going to this.
VsTheWorld - I'm making every effort to attend this one.
BossOfTheGame - I'll probably be going to this.
insertnamehere - I hope to see everyone there....I suppose I will attend this event
scrumdogg - I will make it to this one, if I have to walk
RoddyVR - but will definetly do my best to be there
+2 VsTheWorld - Ok I guarantee I'm coming to this and I'm bringing at least 2 others with me (my brother and fellow Sourcer KillemallCFH and a friend we just introduced to the format). Hopefully I'll be able to get another friend or two to come.
+3 clavio - I'm bringing someone who isn't dci registered...I'm bringing 4 people counting myself.
PIXIE -I am DEFINATELY going to be there
PhaerimmArchlord - To every one: Sorry the drakes r mine
tivadar - Ohh and just to clarify, I win the Sea Drakes.
Kingfish - I will bring tissues so you don't flood the store with your tears.
SillyMetalGAT - about the whole "win a tournament" thing too, because I plan on doing just that.
PwnerOfNoobz - you can count on me being there kevin.
+4 KillemallCFH - We gotta shake things up a bit...I'm bringing 5 people with me to this

Bane of the Living - My team is winning these.The only person talking shit that probably isnt gonna show is... I just work 12 hours on saturday.

Peter_Rotten
07-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Going:

PR
Norm
Afro
Watcher

tivadar
07-13-2007, 10:41 AM
I'll be there, and I'm pretty sure Cavius will as well.

EDIT: This is going to be the biggest thing to hit all of New England since your mom!

troopatroop
07-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Gl Pr

SillyMetalGAT
07-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Ummm well..... I just recieved news today that my dad is coming up from Norht Carolina today and would like to have me come to his house for a party hes having tommorow. That topped with the fact that I have no ride from Worcester to Hadley and 5 bucks to my name, bills FTL...... So unless there is someone going from Worcester that can loan me 5 bucks, im pretty sure I wont be going.

Post on this thread if you could support the Help-An-Asshole-Get-To-A-Tourney fund.

OffTheWall
07-13-2007, 02:04 PM
We have 50 Chairs and enough tables to hold 50 people. The normal mini tables are being moved into the basement to make more room. So 50 will fit comfortably.

KillemallCFH
07-13-2007, 02:28 PM
That would be AWESOME if we got 50.

On another note, does anyone have a single Savannah or Tundra I could borrow for the tournament? I hate going to a Legacy tournament with a Temple Garden, but I will if need be. Also, I could use a couple Polluted Deltas if anyone has spares, but again, I can do without. Thanks.

PwnerOfNoobz
07-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Hey i might have one savannah if you need it but if my pal plays then he has to use it but if not your welcome to use it i know what it is liek to play with type 2 shock lands lol.

scrumdogg
07-13-2007, 03:15 PM
Ummm well..... I just recieved news today that my dad is coming up from Norht Carolina today and would like to have me come to his house for a party hes having tommorow. That topped with the fact that I have no ride from Worcester to Hadley and 5 bucks to my name, bills FTL...... So unless there is someone going from Worcester that can loan me 5 bucks, im pretty sure I wont be going.

PM if you could support the Help-An-Asshole-Get-To-A-Tourney fund.

Fixed....also, you can't be bothered to make it to tournaments in Worcester, why pretend you'd show up anywhere else (or pay back the entry fee loan)? Quit smoking, 1 pack & you have your entry fee covered..., 2 packs & you have gas money covered. And what, your $12/hour job not looking so world beating when you pay your own bills? Didn't foresee that slice of reality hitting eventually.....welcome to real world....

SillyMetalGAT
07-13-2007, 04:25 PM
Fixed....also, you can't be bothered to make it to tournaments in Worcester, why pretend you'd show up anywhere else (or pay back the entry fee loan)? Quit smoking, 1 pack & you have your entry fee covered..., 2 packs & you have gas money covered. And what, your $12/hour job not looking so world beating when you pay your own bills? Didn't foresee that slice of reality hitting eventually.....welcome to real world....

Hey Al what are you? My fucking mother? Thanks for the lesson on reality dude.... Glad to see im learning it from you! But anyways.... I think I have it all worked out. Whats your beef Al? I didnt get your cards stolen in Philly, and I've been nothing but nice to you all the time. Get off my shit man... Harbor your resentment against my team somewhere else. So seriously, whats your problem with me? Would you like to talk face-to-face about it tommorow? Because I gladly will talk to you, but I have done NOTHING wrong to you, as a matter of fact I used to think you were a nice guy until you went and posted this shit.

insertnamehere
07-13-2007, 08:39 PM

Post on this thread if you could support the Help-An-Asshole-Get-To-A-Tourney fund.

I will cover the $5 if you still need it Derek.

KillemallCFH
07-14-2007, 08:29 AM
Okay, I'm off to my friend's house, whence we will be making the 2-hour drive to Hadley. Again, I would like it if I could borrow a Tundra or Savannah, as well as a few Deltas. Also, for some reason, I could only find 1 REB and 1 Pyroblast for my friend's deck, and we need 1 more. Could someone find it in their heart to give up a 10 cent common for the tournament? Thank you if anyone can help me out and good luck to all who are attending. I shall see you there.

technogeek5000
07-14-2007, 08:38 AM
Ill bring some spare cards. I got deltas and tundras plus REBs.

Bane of the Living
07-14-2007, 08:30 PM
finals-
affinity vs trinket stompy

Top four is..
ForceofWill- Green Goblin
?- Vial Affinity
?-Red Death?
Tividar- Trinket Angel Stompy

5-8
Slay- Green Goblin
insertnamehere- Faerie Stompy
fuckinbryan-u/g madness

I went 4-2 with Ichorid

Peter_Rotten
07-14-2007, 08:37 PM
What about John C with his stupid Mono Blue Winter Orb, Tabernacle, Propaganda deck?

insertnamehere
07-14-2007, 08:44 PM
What about John C with his stupid Mono Blue Winter Orb, Tabernacle, Propaganda deck?

He beat every opponent with the help of people correcting his mistakes and his pure bad playing factor. Anyone can build a deck that all it does is work in circles. I did not beat him in top 8. I quit because in 2 games he did nothing but piss me off with his annoying deck. Also I didn't see many NY'ers in top 8, but I did see 4 members of Team Necro in top 8. Guess Necro put their money where there mouth is. This is obviously Necro Country.

insertnamehere
07-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Tividar wins the Sea Drakes. That means 8 for Team Necro

clavio
07-14-2007, 11:37 PM
He beat every opponent with the help of people correcting his mistakes and his pure bad playing factor. Anyone can build a deck that all it does is work in circles. I did not beat him in top 8. I quit because in 2 games he did nothing but piss me off with his annoying deck.

You didn't know how tangle wire works.

tivadar
07-14-2007, 11:50 PM
Yeah, so a quick summary, will post more later. I was running Trinket Angel Stompy (lovingly referred to as Tas, also the name of my cat...). I faced:

Regular Rounds (4-1-1):
Random GB badness: W 2-0
UG Madness: W 2-0
Solidarity: L 1-2
CRET Belcher (Peter Rotten): W 2-0
TES: W 2-0
Relic Orb: Draw

Finals (5th going in, 3-0):
Sui Black: W 2-0
Relic Orb: W 2-0
BRU Affinity: W 2-1

Basically, I almost beat solidarity, had it down to 2 with chalice @ 1 out but he got echoing and went off. I got somewhat lucky against Relic Orb, we had played a test game during the draw into T8, where he whooped me. Control matchups tend to be fairly bad for me, but I can do the aggro role, and I did, and I also knew what to name with mage at that point thanks to the test. I made ETW cry by explosiving its ass two games in a row first matchup, and then explosiving it the first game, and the second game hitting chalice for 1, 2, and 3. And finally, I beat affinity, partially because of a play mistake, though I had made a smaller one game 1 as well (not topping with a mana open at end of turn and thereby getting the mana I needed for equipment), he sacced all his artifacts to ravager G2 in response to a cataclysm. Sadly, he didn't do this one at a time, so I just removed a counter from jitte to kill it (called Kevin over just to make sure, but yeah). Game 3 I drew into 3 Pariahs, secret sideboard tech against them, goblins, and FS. It's basically a fog and a creature kill packed into one card against Affinity, which they don't tend to like.

Peter_Rotten
07-15-2007, 12:27 AM
Tividar wins the Sea Drakes. That means 8 for Team Necro

Um.. Tividar is on Team Freshly Baked Crayons. I'd like to take this time to now congratulate Shane (watcher) and the reast of his team on successfully pwning this tourney and beating Team Necro in their own back yard. Someone had to do it.

tivadar
07-15-2007, 12:36 AM
Um.. Tividar is on Team Freshly Baked Crayons. I'd like to take this time to now congratulate Shane (watcher) and the reast of his team on successfully pwning this tourney and beating Team Necro in their own back yard. Someone had to do it.

I'm actually on both, sorta... Which involves a funny story and a shiny shirt. I mean, come on, who wouldn't say yes to a shiny shirt!? But anyways, I like both teams, and I won't dis either. I'm hoping neither will kick me off, but I guess that remains to be seen :-P.

And as for pwning one team or another, the results were rather spread out. I faced no one from Necro in the finals, but Ben was there and placed 3/4. I actually am not sure if anyone else from FBC made it, which is sadness. I mean, it woulda been great to see eternal gardens represented :-P. And then there's Bill, who used to be on both teams, does he count as a third and me as a half?

EDIT: I completely forgot, I'm not on either team at all anymore. I've recently joined Team Hawt Stuff. It's the team where you need to be really, really ridiculously good looking to join. You know, like myself, and, ohh yeah, Jess and Sam (Pixie), and Ben Stiller as well, should he ever decide to play. The team was created when Jess broke up with Nate and informed me I was her new boyfriend. I think this made Sam jealous, because she came over as well and put her arm around me. And so was the team formed. Sadly, Jess rekindled things with Nate 3 minutes later and informed me that, no, I was no longer her boyfriend. The goals of the team are primarily to get me play. We consider this a challenge, but we should be up to the task.

scrumdogg
07-15-2007, 01:01 AM
Gratz on winning, that was well done. Quite a few of the rest of us from both teams placed just outside Top 8 at 4-2, be interesting to see how the FBC vs Necro matchups in the tournament itself ended up, just for kicks, everyone continued our pattern of fierce & bitter internet viciousness followed by amiable IRL co-existence.
My only 2 losses were to people who made Top 8 (slay & fuckingbryan) so it was a pretty successful tourney overall.

Edit: 44 people btw according to the TO, awesome turnout

VsTheWorld
07-15-2007, 01:34 AM
The 2nd place Vial Affinity deck was piloted by my unregged friend Noah, and the Top 8 Sui Black by my friend Andy, who has been playing Legacy for approximately 2 weeks. I'm trying to get them on the Source ASAP.

KillemallCFH
07-15-2007, 01:56 AM
Yeah, that was awesome. Not for me, but for TWO of my friends who made top 8. It was:
1. U/W Trinket Angle Stompy (tividar)
2. Vial Affinity (Noah Symynkywicz!!!, unregged)
3-4. Relic Barrier/Winter Orb Lock-down deck (John C)
3-4. Rg Gobs (Forceofwill)
5-8. Monoblack Sui/Aggro (Andy S. [I think he just registered under the name 'The Coming Curse'], who has been playing Legacy for less than a month)
5-8. UG Madness (fucking bryan)
5-8. Fairy Stompy (insertnamehere)
5-8. Rg Gobs (Slay)

BRU Affinity: W 2-1, G2 he made a big mistake not saccing for ravager one at a time, G3 my pariah tech kicked in and I fogged/killed a creature for 3 mana 3 times in that game.Yeah, he tends to get over-zealous in situations like that and doesn't think it through enough. He also made a huge mistake facing Bane when he sacced his entire board sans an atog and 2 DotVs in the face of a Leyline, therefore doing no damage. Somehow, though, he still won.

Also another notable mention: our friend Brian, who is also new to legacy, went 3 - 3 with Mono-red Burn.

EDIT: Also, I want to try to put some faces on some Sourcers that played. I met a few, but I know there were many who I didn't meet. What do you look like and what deck were you playing? I was the one with long hair, glasses, a 3 Inches of Blood shirt, and playing UG Madness w/ Goyf.

TrialByFire
07-15-2007, 02:30 AM
you cant forget 9th place: Me. yay. found out about this site today, figured i would register, the tourney was a great success (que borat sound clip) and at least i top 4'ed the tenth release to make it worth my time. This extend my current streak of first loser finishes to 9 in a row. i will take on all comers in a 'who has the worst tiebreakers contest'

but anyways, give it up for kevin, who has an awesome store and knows how to run the tournaments

RoddyVR
07-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Was a great tournament and a very fun day. Thank! Kevin.
went 3-0 before my luck ran out and i was put back into my rightfull place of x-x (3-3 in this case) by an affinity deck that was too fast and two matches worth of wastelands that prety much always wreck my records.

can someone explain how it is possible that in the last 6 or so tournaments that both me and scrumdog have participated, we have been matched up every single time? his deck WRECKS mine! (stupid tabernacle and friends) I've got a nerveous habit of chating "i hate your deck" continously while playing him now-a-days.
it would be fine if this happened with some random person i barely know, but i'm the one driving him to half these events, knowing that i'm basicaly bringing an automatic loss to the tournament that i will be 100% sure to be matched up against (not that he wouldnt be able to go if i refused to bring him, but maybe if i kicked him out of the car like half way there i could get an extra win)

oh, i meant to ask, did any 4-2s make it to top 8? or was 4-1-1 the lowest record to make it?

scrumdogg
07-15-2007, 10:39 AM
For the next big tournament Kevin holds, I will be doing nametags so we can put faces to personas :cool: When Kevin starts that thread, post if you want a nametag (although last minute IRL requests will also probably be honored...). Hmmmm, I feel kinda bad for Roddy (I actually jigged a quick happy dance when we were paired Round 6) so I need to build a new deck it seems. Kevin has an awesome store & runs a great tournament, if you have the chance to go for any event you should do so. Also, his single prices are extremely reasonable for a brick & mortar store, right at the online horizon, we should all help his business in that way as well (remember, Ebay has never yet held a Legacy tournament for anybody, the ungrateful bastards...).

KillemallCFH
07-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Yeah, his prices for singles are awesome. I picked up a couple of Deltas before the tournament for $12 a piece, which is the best price I've seen them at sans the occasional eBay fluke. Keep up the good work, Kevin!

OffTheWall
07-15-2007, 11:39 AM
I would like to thank everyone that showed up for both the Legacy event and the Tenth release. I could not have hoped for a better turnout or a better group of players. Thank you all again.

Now on to the future. The next big event will be on August 18th (Saturday). Same format as this one, however I am not sure what people would like to see for prizes.
I have FBB trops. but having 2 as first prizes seems a little lame. my other option is to try and get a play set of Berserks, a piece of power (which I am not thrilled about since it is not a legacy card), Grim tutor, or more duals. Let me know, I am very flexible, and will try to provide prize support that people want.

Slay
07-15-2007, 12:44 PM
I would like to thank everyone that showed up for both the Legacy event and the Tenth release. I could not have hoped for a better turnout or a better group of players. Thank you all again.

Now on to the future. The next big event will be on August 18th (Saturday). Same format as this one, however I am not sure what people would like to see for prizes.
I have FBB trops. but having 2 as first prizes seems a little lame. my other option is to try and get a play set of Berserks, a piece of power (which I am not thrilled about since it is not a legacy card), Grim tutor, or more duals. Let me know, I am very flexible, and will try to provide prize support that people want.

Don't think of fancy stuff. We just want dual lands. Lots and lots of duals.

Also, fucking fantastic tournament everyone, and I met P_R. That's ballin'.
-Slay

Peter_Rotten
07-15-2007, 12:53 PM
Also, fucking fantastic tournament everyone, and I met P_R. That's ballin'.
-Slay

BAH! Meeting a cigar-smoking, dreadlocke wearing Slay is balling.

KillemallCFH
07-15-2007, 01:04 PM
You know what's even more ballin'? Getting to meet both Slay AND P_R.

insertnamehere
07-15-2007, 05:05 PM

Please note I don't remember seeing any full members of FBC in top 8. On the other hand Team Necro had 5, yes 5 of the top 8 spots. I guess team Necro showed whose team is better. Better luck next week.

PIXIE
07-15-2007, 05:52 PM
I'm actually on both, sorta... Which involves a funny story and a shiny shirt. I mean, come on, who wouldn't say yes to a shiny shirt!? But anyways, I like both teams, and I won't dis either. I'm hoping neither will kick me off, but I guess that remains to be seen :-P.

And as for pwning one team or another, the results were rather spread out. I faced no one from Necro in the finals, but Ben was there and placed 3/4. I actually am not sure if anyone else from FBC made it, which is sadness. I mean, it woulda been great to see eternal gardens represented :-P. And then there's Bill, who used to be on both teams, does he count as a third and me as a half?

EDIT: I completely forgot, I'm not on either team at all anymore. I've recently joined Team Hawt Stuff. It's the team where you need to be really, really ridiculously good looking to join. You know, like myself, and, ohh yeah, Jess and Sam (Pixie), and Ben Stiller as well, should he ever decide to play. The team was created when Jess broke up with Nate and informed me I was her new boyfriend. I think this made Sam jealous, because she came over as well and put her arm around me. And so was the team formed. Sadly, Jess rekindled things with Nate 3 minutes later and informed me that, no, I was no longer her boyfriend. The goals of the team are primarily to get me play. We consider this a challenge, but we should be up to the task.

Eric you are fucking hilsrious! We all love you! WOOOOT!

YOU WIN! So, technically since I'm the only person left on your team, "Team Hawt Stuff: Where's Ugly People Only Hate" We're sharing these sea drakes. Cool Shit yo! *high fives*

I technically didn't meet P_R but I found out who he was from observing and listening. I didn't get to say hello.. kinda shy... so.. HELLO! Slay, went unnoticed, sorry.

Bill is still talking shit. At the tournament we wore a FBC t-shirt under his regular shirt and probably thought on one would notice claiming "It's a sweat-rag" Yea right, you wanted to pwn team necro if FBC won! If wotcher and carlos made it to even top 4 you'da been ripping that shirt off faster than if any thing[try to think of something then enter thier name in here] said "Hey bill, get naked I wanna fuck!"
But Alas, bill brown nosed and got himself back on team necro. And he's talking loads of crap now.. dude. why do you burn bridges?

Pleasure meeting you Carlos. :o)

Pete beet Wotcher (i'd say yer name if I knew it) 2:0
haha i just had too..

Glad everyone had a good time.

Di
07-15-2007, 05:59 PM
completely forgot, I'm not on either team at all anymore. I've recently joined Team Hawt Stuff. It's the team where you need to be really, really ridiculously good looking to join. You know, like myself, and, ohh yeah, Jess and Sam (Pixie), and Ben Stiller as well, should he ever decide to play

So like, I can join? I'm sure many others will concur, but I am an absolutely beautiful person. Also, Ben Stiller is not good looking. Looks like the Goddamn caucasian missing link for Christ sake.

Oh, and can we get some top8 lists? Plzkthxbye.

OffTheWall
07-15-2007, 06:05 PM
I will not post actual deck lists, because it should be up to the players.
We did have 44 players, and the top 8 have already been posted.

Nobody tried anything with dreadnought (or I missed it). I would have expected someone to try it.

KillemallCFH
07-15-2007, 06:14 PM
Oh, and can we get some top8 lists? Plzkthxbye.I've got the lists for the Vial Affinity and the Sui Black:

//NAME: Sui Black (5th - 8th)
// Mana
17 Swamp
4 Dark Ritual
// Creatures
4 Dark Confidant
4 Nantuko Shade
4 Carnophage
4 Sarcomancy
2 Phyrexian Negator
// Disruption
1 Sinkhole
2 Cabal Therapy
4 Hymn to Tourach
4 Duress
3 Snuff Out
4 Wasteland
// Jitte
3 Umezawa's Jitte
// Sideboard
SB: 2 Phyrexian Negator
SB: 4 Engineered Plague
SB: 4 Planar Void
SB: 2 Cabal Therapy
SB: 3 Dystopia

//NAME: Vial Affinity (2nd)
// Lands
4 Seat of the Synod
2 Blinkmoth Nexus
2 Darksteel Citadel
1 Glimmervoid
4 Great Furnace
4 Vault of Whispers
// Creatures
4 Myr Enforcer
4 Frogmite
4 Arcbound Ravager
4 Disciple of the Vault
3 Arcbound Worker
3 Ornithopter
3 Atog
// Other
4 Cranial Plating
4 AEther Vial
4 Chromatic Star
4 Thoughtcast
2 Fling
// Sideboard
SB: 4 Cabal Therapy
SB: 3 Engineered Plague
SB: 2 Sphere of Resistance
SB: 3 Tormod's Crypt
SB: 3 Pithing Needle

ForceofWill
07-15-2007, 08:26 PM
I sleep so weird I went to bed right when I got home from that tourny and just woke up now.. But P_R how can you say necro got owned when I placed 3rd (not 3rd/4th I won the match vs. that blue deck) and didn't once play against Eric. Also TechnoGeek left one of his cards at the tournament. And P_R don't talk about pwnage when Shane went 3-3 and carlos went 2-4 and Eric has been a member of team necro since the beginning and lets not forget you going 3-3 with no right to talk shit.

Pinder
07-15-2007, 09:17 PM
You know what's even more ballin'? Getting to meet both Slay AND P_R.

zomgpixplzkthnxbye

technogeek5000
07-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Also TechnoGeek left one of his cards at the tournament.

Lol was it was sarcomancy right, thats the only card im missing. I was so frustrated with mana flood that day that I left in a hurry. Seriously I averaged like 8 lands, and 1 game and I think I hit 13 lands in one of them. I played 9 games that day and got flooded 8 of them. It was completely ludicrous. I had the sui player (the guy who topped 8) beat both games but I drew lands right at the end and wasnt able to finish him off both times.

SillyMetalGAT
07-15-2007, 10:39 PM
I went 4-2 with CRET Belcher, Nate went 4-2 and so didnt Pete. Ben and Eric top 4ed....... what was FBCs lineup? I know Pete smashed Watchers face in....

EDIT: Hey P_R, im guessing Powder isn't a bad option, seeing as I did better than you and all...

hi-val
07-15-2007, 11:09 PM
What was the final turnout?

Tividar, could you post your list? I'd like to mention this event in my article this week!

ForceofWill
07-16-2007, 12:05 AM
We had 44 people for legacy.

The Coming Curse
07-16-2007, 12:32 AM
I had the sui player (the guy who topped 8) beat both games but I drew lands right at the end and wasnt able to finish him off both times.

I happen to be the guy who played sui black and i was just wondering what you were playing? and when we played? if you remember

This was my first legacy tournament and great time there and playing the format. I will defently see you guys again.

@RoddyVR 4-2 didnt make top 8 only 4-1-1 and better did

hi-val
07-16-2007, 01:23 AM
We had 44 people for legacy.

That's fantastic!

ForceofWill
07-16-2007, 04:48 AM
Yah I know.

I want to know that list for that relic orb deck.

clavio
07-16-2007, 06:39 AM
I want to know that list for that relic orb deck.

He wrote a report in the report forum.

tivadar
07-16-2007, 10:09 AM
My tourney report is up with my list (minus the sideboard). I'll flesh out some of the details a bit later, along with source names of people I played assuming I can remember/find them.

Peter_Rotten
07-16-2007, 11:21 AM
What I don't understand about Mass is why everyone just doesn't play Goblins. It is ALWAYS in the T8 of the larger Mass tournies. Two builds in this one and two builds in the one I went to quite some time ago. People seem be talking about Relic Barrier (which is probably quite sucky) and have negelcted to mention that the best deck in the format probably put up the best overall results.

I think I'll just play goblins and pwn MassMeta next week. /sligh.

tivadar
07-16-2007, 11:24 AM
Isn't this true about just about every Meta though? When ISN'T goblins putting consistent numbers in T8? I honestly don't see what this has to do with the Meta in the area, which is at least somewhat diverse. Is there some deck I'm missing that we don't play here that pwns goblins? If so, I haven't heard about it.

SillyMetalGAT
07-16-2007, 11:28 AM
What I don't understand about Mass is why everyone just doesn't play Goblins. It is ALWAYS in the T8 of the larger Mass tournies. Two builds in this one and two builds in the one I went to quite some time ago. People seem be talking about Relic Barrier (which is probably quite sucky) and have negelcted to mention that the best deck in the format probably put up the best overall results.

I think I'll just play goblins and pwn MassMeta next week. /sligh.

LOL. Please do. Just remember Rotten, EVERYONE DID PLAY GOBLINS at one point. Now its sooooo badly hated out that you have to be a lucksacking champ to play it. Idk about other states but thats how it is in MA. Prepare to face the numerous amounts of hate. But if your up to it, all the power to you.

DrJones
07-16-2007, 11:31 AM
I think they prefer to take a bigger risk expecting a better payout. I've seen plenty tournies with a red deck in the T8, but not as many won by them.

Of course, I'm just throwing a shot in the dark here.

Slay
07-16-2007, 11:39 AM
LOL. Please do. Just remember Rotten, EVERYONE DID PLAY GOBLINS at one point. Now its sooooo badly hated out that you have to be a lucksacking champ to play it. Idk about other states but thats how it is in MA. Prepare to face the numerous amounts of hate. But if your up to it, all the power to you.

This is what I saw at the tournament too. Had I not been Slay, and therefore amazing, I probably would have gotten hit by all the Goblins hate and not made Top 8. Why can't you jerks play combo like everyone's expecting everyone to anyways?
-Slay

SillyMetalGAT
07-16-2007, 01:15 PM
This is what I saw at the tournament too. Had I not been Slay, and therefore amazing, I probably would have gotten hit by all the Goblins hate and not made Top 8. Why can't you jerks play combo like everyone's expecting everyone to anyways?
-Slay

Lol I did.... and BTW, I ate through Chalices all day, they dont affect me as bad as one might think.

scrumdogg
07-16-2007, 01:32 PM
I'm fairly sure there were at least 6 Goblin decks at the tournament, having 2x end up in the Top 8 in the hands of experienced pilots doesn't seem improbable. However, once in the Top 8 the Goblins got handled. Where were all the decks that are supposed to hate out the little green men (or race them)?

tivadar
07-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Well, I never saw goblins, which I was rather sad about actually. Green Goblins is somewhat rough, but with explosives and cataclysm mainboard, not mention knight, jitte, and sofi, I don't tend to worry terribly about my goblins matchup. Goblins is certainly good, but there's enough hate out there for it as well and those decks tend to do well, as I'm assuming scrumdogg was trying to point out with sarcasm, something that never worked online for me :-P.

Anyways, story being, at the start of the day I was commenting that there looked to be a lot of goblins there in my "survey" of the meta (clearly JUST for academic purposes, really!). Goblins was by no means under-represented, and I think it performed as is to be expected.

ForceofWill
07-16-2007, 01:43 PM
P_R I'd love to play that mirror match..

Oh and I played against belcher and solidarity in the swiss and beat them both so Goblins doesn't roll over to combo..

Bane of the Living
07-16-2007, 03:40 PM
P_R I'd love to play that mirror match..

Oh and I played against belcher and solidarity in the swiss and beat them both so Goblins doesn't roll over to combo..

You also beat 2 flash decks with no black splash at the GP. One being the King of Legacy.

The affinity player seemed to make quite a few play mistakes. He broke his chromatic star for non blue in top decking (thoughtcast) and he sacrificed his entire board to kill me with 2 disciples when I had a Leyline of the Void out.

I got beat by two top 8'ers.

Props
KillEmAll for lending me 2 LED's.
Kevin for running a sick tournament and lending me a LED.
Slay for trading foil mongeese.
Me for attacking for 99 on turn 2.
Albany for showing up.
Fuckin Bryan for beating me.
insertnamehere for using the combat phase. (quite well)
everyone waiting for us to get there.

Slops
Being so hot in the room of fat geeks.
PR for not playing Burning Tog.

tivadar
07-16-2007, 03:47 PM
So I'm really curious whether Fuckin Bryan is on the source or if this is just a name that we started calling him in this thread and now it's going to stick... He was the guy with the glasses running UG madness, right? I played against him early I'm pretty sure, seemed like a nice guy/good player. Unfortunately for him, I had played against UG madness at GP, so I knew just how to board/how to play the matchup. Even so, the games were close.

Bane of the Living
07-16-2007, 03:50 PM
So I'm really curious whether Fuckin Bryan is on the source or if this is just a name that we started calling him in this thread and now it's going to stick... He was the guy with the glasses running UG madness, right? I played against him early I'm pretty sure, seemed like a nice guy/good player. Unfortunately for him, I had played against UG madness at GP, so I knew just how to board/how to play the matchup. Even so, the games were close.

Jess coined it from Dane Cook. He's definitely a fuckin bryan. Thats him alright, he beat me first round.

BtW congrats on winning to drakes Eric.

KillemallCFH
07-16-2007, 04:16 PM
The affinity player seemed to make quite a few play mistakes. He broke his chromatic star for non blue in top decking (thoughtcast) and he sacrificed his entire board to kill me with 2 disciples when I had a Leyline of the Void out.Yeah, he basically did everything in his power to NOT top 8, but his deck loved him too much that day. If he could learn to just sac things one at a time, he might have beat tividar in the finals. Oh well; he's still pretty new to Legacy, and he's learning. By the next tournament, I will have hopefully sucked all the lingering noobishness out of him.

scrumdogg
07-16-2007, 04:49 PM
Well, I never saw goblins, which I was rather sad about actually. Green Goblins is somewhat rough, but with explosives and cataclysm mainboard, not mention knight, jitte, and sofi, I don't tend to worry terribly about my goblins matchup. Goblins is certainly good, but there's enough hate out there for it as well and those decks tend to do well, as I'm assuming scrumdogg was trying to point out with sarcasm, something that never worked online for me :-P.

Anyways, story being, at the start of the day I was commenting that there looked to be a lot of goblins there in my "survey" of the meta (clearly JUST for academic purposes, really!). Goblins was by no means under-represented, and I think it performed as is to be expected.

Not sarcasm, my friend, merely dry understatement :cool: Goblins were a respectable percentage of the tournament & well represented in Top 8. Lost to FuckingBryan (with a Y....) as well as Slay, but if my only losses are to people who Top 8, how upset can I be? Someone remind me (damn Alzheimer's) to collect deck sheets after the next tournament from Kevin so lists can get posted easier, thanks.

PS Prize possibilities for next time: Berserks would be awesome, FBB Duals would be awesome, duals are always good - items that you don't see everywhere or are staples that insta-convert into cash are always going to be good incentives.

ForceofWill
07-16-2007, 04:52 PM
For lists it's not that keven is too lasy to do it he just pastes it's up to the deck builder if they want to share their deck list. as for that affinity player in top 4 he made a ton of mistakes and still managed to get insane draws against me.

scrumdogg
07-16-2007, 04:56 PM
Neither you nor Jay ever get to complain about insane draws, you topdecking whore-bags.... It was fantastic to talk to all the people who were new to the format but excited enough to buy the cards, put in some playtesting & come to a major event. In a break with longstanding tradition, most of them didn't bring sucktastic homebrews/ports to their first Legacy tournament...I don't know if I'm happy about that or not but it is a good thing as sites like this are apparently having some effect :cool:

Bane of the Living
07-16-2007, 05:24 PM
I was also surprised to see so many new faces playing real decks. Maybe it speaks for all the guests we have on the site.

Whats up with that? Registering takes 2 minutes.

Peter_Rotten
07-16-2007, 06:10 PM
Here, I'll fix your Slops.

Slops
PR for Being so hot in the room of fat geeks.

KillemallCFH
07-16-2007, 06:25 PM
For tournaments that don't make the 50 player Threshold for the Historical Top8 thread it would still be useful to post the results and relevant information in the Top4/Top8 thread in the Open Forum. At least that can serve as another source of information about Legacy tournaments. Could someone who knows all the information for this tournament post it there?I posted the results in the Top4/Top8 thread (http://mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?p=145700#post145700), as well as in this thread somewhere.

Bane of the Living
07-16-2007, 07:07 PM

Thanks for running the best affordable tournaments I could ever go to Kev. For more prizes try some foiled out legacy staples. A set of Meddling Mages is great but a foil DCI judge set is a real trophy to take home.

FNM Brainstorms and soon FNM Ringleaders will be nice prize support.

Rare stuff like the Sea Drakes are great, Id love to see Ravages of War or Moats.

Foil Fetchlands!!@1!$$$

tivadar
07-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Ya know those foil promo exalteds you wanted to enter into a tourney? You know I'm eyeing them. I'll have to go for the shins of anyone who would beat me in a tourney for those!

Here, I'll fix your Slops.

Were you looking to join team Hawt Stuff P R? You're one sexy dude!

So like, I can join? I'm sure many others will concur, but I am an absolutely beautiful person.

Well, you'd have to be judged by our 4 current female members, Sam and Jess...

TrialByFire
07-16-2007, 09:08 PM

i believe that is his name on the source, and if i remeber correctly, it would be jessie who started that, I think. he's my best friend pretty much, and i honestly think he is one of the most consistent Madness lists out there. he makes top 8 every fuckin time. fuckin bryan.

also just like to note that he split first place in the 10th sealed playing a deck that ran Phage the Untouchable, Stun and Fear. L.O.L!

and i think we were already done with this discussion, but to make top 8 you had to be 4-1-1 and even that wasn't good enough, because that was my record and i got 9th. oh well

Slay
07-16-2007, 11:54 PM
Well, you'd have to be judged by our 4 current female members, Sam and Jess...

Nice unintentional fat joke.
-Slay

FN Bryan
07-17-2007, 02:07 PM

Fuckin Bryan here... (the source wouldn't let me be Fuckin Bryan so they changed it to FN Bryan if your curious) anyway, yes im the UG madness guy with glasses, yes jess coined my name, and yes Kevin was to afraid to yell Fuckin Bryan in a room full of crowded people so he went with Bryan with a Y.

BTW congrats on the win Eric

scrumdogg
07-17-2007, 02:23 PM
Nice unintentional fat joke.
-Slay

Odd, I thought it was an unintentional sexist comment referencing the fact that these extremely nice young ladies will never, ever drown.....

tivadar
07-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Odd, I thought it was an unintentional sexist comment referencing the fact that these extremely nice young ladies will never, ever drown.....

We're getting warmer, the next thing we have to work on is the unintentional :-P. No one ever said I was PC...

Peter_Rotten
07-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Ok, tournament is over; thread is getting lame. Anyone else need to post anything here?

TheAardvark
07-17-2007, 04:11 PM

Well, not sure how relevant it is to people in your area, but that is the day after the Legacy Champs @ GenCon, so there could be a conflict there. Of course, if no one from there is going to GenCon, it's not a problem in any way.

Just thought I'd point that out.