View Full Version : Kadi's Dual Land Draft IV

Nightmare
06-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Where:
U.A.W
714 W.Manlius
East Syracuse,N.Y. 13057

Date: Sunday, July 29th, 2007.

Time: Doors open at 9 am, signups start at 10 and the tournament will start at 11:00 sharp.

Entry Fee: $25

This event will be Sanctioned, so bring your DCI number.

Prizes: A full set of Dual Lands to be drafted by the top 8. And there will be a raffle for many kick ass prizes. THE DUAL LANDS ARE GURANTEED!!!!!and will be ON HAND!!!!

The NEW TWIST:
More info coming

Selections for 1st-8th:
4x Underground Sea
4x Tundra
4x Tropical Island
4x Volcanic Island
4x Taiga
4x Bayou
4x Savannah
4x Plateau
4x Scrubland
4x Badlands

Selectons for 9th and 10th:
4x Ravnica block dual
4x Pain land

Door Prizes:
Raffles.
Everyone who plays will get a prize.
And much much more.SOMETHING, SOMETHING, SOMETHING.
Head Judge: Eli Kassis

Format: Legacy

Sanctioned: Hopefully

Deck Registration Required!!!!

Hope to see everyone in July!!!

MORE INFO AS WE GET IT.

Di
06-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Post in this one first, assholes.

TeenieBopper
06-08-2007, 05:29 PM
If someone builds me a deck, I might show up.

Maybe.

NANTUKO_SHADY
06-08-2007, 08:41 PM
I'm in.

Nightmare
06-09-2007, 01:40 AM
The location is incorrect. Use this for date purposes, but the rest of the info will be up when I hear it.

revenge_inc
06-09-2007, 01:56 AM
Will it still be in the Syracuse area (or could it move 100s of miles away)?

Nightmare
06-09-2007, 02:00 AM
Will it still be in the Syracuse area (or could it move 100s of miles away)?Sorry, I guess I was a little generic with that. Yes, it will be in the Baldwinsville/Syracuse vicinity. The rate for the Red Mill Inn jumped up, and they're solidifying plans at another venue.

darth_adam
06-09-2007, 10:15 AM
The address for both tourments is
U.A.W
714 W.Manlius
East Syracuse,N.Y. 13057

noobslayer
06-09-2007, 10:19 AM
I guess I'll be there. I might have actually finished my deck by then.

Cait_Sith
06-09-2007, 12:41 PM
It is probably hopeless, but I will try to finish my new deck by the DLD and test it out there.

Michael Keller
06-09-2007, 12:45 PM
http://movies.apple.com/trailers/wb/the_polar_express/trailer/images2/img4.gif

If you don't believe at Kady's IV...you will.

Peter_Rotten
06-09-2007, 02:06 PM
The address for both tourments is
U.A.W
714 W.Manlius
East Syracuse,N.Y. 13057

Is this correct or what? I want a nice clear updated opening post. Where is the concrete information?

Ta Jugs
06-09-2007, 03:58 PM
I wish you could try and rescedule this, Nationals is the same weekend.

Mulletus
06-09-2007, 06:44 PM
I might come and win this one too. I will gladly accept all scoops again.

Cait_Sith
06-09-2007, 06:48 PM
I wish you could try and rescedule this, Nationals is the same weekend.

If it does happen to get move, I can only pray it gets pushed back and not forward.

scrumdogg
06-09-2007, 09:15 PM
Fuck Nationals, even though it is in NYC. How many people will actually have a conflict with Nationals (that are actually qualified, not going to try & grind in)? I like the date, personally, as I will be in NY for a family reunion (parts of which this helps me avoid, thank you Kadi). Time to get back to playing actual Legacy....

Ta Jugs
06-09-2007, 10:40 PM
Fuck Nationals, even though it is in NYC. How many people will actually have a conflict with Nationals (that are actually qualified, not going to try & grind in)? I like the date, personally, as I will be in NY for a family reunion (parts of which this helps me avoid, thank you Kadi). Time to get back to playing actual Legacy....Actually Nationals is in Baltiomore, Worlds is in NYC. And i'll have a problem with it conflicting with nats.

Nightmare
06-10-2007, 12:05 AM
Apparently, the info on these is premature. When all the details get worked out for real, I'll reopen these.

Ewokslayer
07-01-2007, 07:53 PM
So what is the actual up to date information on this one?

Peter_Rotten
07-01-2007, 09:12 PM
I'm dying to know also.

Peter_Rotten
07-04-2007, 12:37 PM
Is there any information about this? We have it listed at the bottom of our calendar, and I'd hate to be promoting a tourney that might not happen.

Is this happening or not?

Nightmare
07-04-2007, 01:53 PM
I got a text from Kadi today that this IS happening at the location posted by Darth Adam above. I'm 99% certain the date is also correct.

NANTUKO_SHADY
07-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Savage! How close is it in relation to the Red Mill Inn? I'm too lazy to mapquest both of them and figure it out.

Di
07-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Savage! How close is it in relation to the Red Mill Inn? I'm too lazy to mapquest both of them and figure it out.

East Syracuse is on like the other side of town compared to Baldwinsville. I imagine it'd be another 20-30 minutes or so to get to the tournament site for you guys heading from the west.

cdr
07-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Because it's just another few thruway exits, it's probably 10 mins tops more than Baldwinsville, and about the same as going to the Carosel Center.

Cait_Sith
07-04-2007, 06:41 PM
So is IT the 29th? I need to make sure for work.

AnwarA101
07-05-2007, 03:09 PM
So is this tournament happening? Isn't Nationals this weekend? I don't know if people will really be showing up since its not really confirmed with such little time left. I think you'll lose quite a bit of the attendance as Nationals is in Baltimore, MD I believe this year and so people down here might choose to do that. I'm not really sure, but it could be a concern.

Peter_Rotten
07-05-2007, 03:22 PM
I got a text from Kadi today that this IS happening at the location posted by Darth Adam above. I'm 99% certain the date is also correct.

Shriekmaw
07-10-2007, 09:18 PM
So is this tournament happening? Isn't Nationals this weekend? I don't know if people will really be showing up since its not really confirmed with such little time left. I think you'll lose quite a bit of the attendance as Nationals is in Baltimore, MD I believe this year and so people down here might choose to do that. I'm not really sure, but it could be a concern.

This tournament is going to happen, and it will be pretty awesome when it does. I know that Nationals are on the same weekend which might cause some conflicts for players around the Maryland region. Seriously, how many Legacy players care about going to Nationals, when you came down to the Great State of New York and compete against the best Legacy Players in the World.

I hope to see all of you there.

calosso
07-10-2007, 09:19 PM
This tournament is going to happen, and it will be pretty awesome when it does. I know that Nationals are on the same weekend which might cause some conflicts for players around the Maryland region. Seriously, how many Legacy players care about going to Nationals, when you came down to the Great State of New York and compete against the best Legacy Players in the World.

I hope to see all of you there.

I wouldn't say the greatest.

herbig
07-11-2007, 03:21 AM
It might be a bit premature, but you should schedule the next one around Christmas time. I think everyone would appreciate that.

Ebinsugewa
07-11-2007, 03:53 AM
Well it matters to me because I'm working at Nats. So won't be able to make it to this one, frown.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
07-11-2007, 04:13 AM
Seriously, how many Legacy players care about going to Nationals, when you came down to the Great State of New York and compete against the best Legacy Players in the World..

It's rather presumptious of you to just assume Virginia's going to show up.

Shriekmaw
07-11-2007, 06:46 PM
It's rather presumptious of you to just assume Virginia's going to show up.

That's because the players in Virginia usually come to our big Legacy events that we host up here in New York. I'm just looking at the results from the past when I made that statement.

Maybe you can take a little time and cool off Jack.

Bryant Cook
07-11-2007, 06:51 PM
Alot of the Virginians won't be showing up due to the fact its on a Sunday and not a Saturday...

URABAHN
07-12-2007, 07:06 AM
Seriously, how many Legacy players care about going to Nationals, when you came down to the Great State of New York and compete against the best Legacy Players in the World.

By "best Legacy Players in the World", Jack means Virginia. Get it? It's a joke and you whiffed.

Cait_Sith
07-12-2007, 07:11 AM
I wouldn't say the greatest.

You're also Calosso Fuentes.

Okay, so the 29th is a Sunday? Craptacular >:(. I guess I'll just live with it.

Shriekmaw
07-12-2007, 06:17 PM
By "best Legacy Players in the World", Jack means Virginia. Get it? It's a joke and you whiffed.

If thats a joke, its not very funny.

Cait_Sith
07-12-2007, 06:39 PM

Didn't you used to advocate one of the worst decks in Legacy? If that was a joke, it was freakin' hilarious. Do it again.

(I couldn't resist)

Slay
07-12-2007, 06:43 PM

It's not a joke, it's a trash talk, and you missed it completely, which is why we're all laughing at you considering it's IBA and a tournament thread.

Sorry PR for the run-on.
-Slay

TheInfamousBearAssassin
07-17-2007, 07:34 PM
Yeah, I retroactively declare myself winner of this thread.

Di
07-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Too bad you can't declare yourself, or any other Virginian for that matter, winner of this tournament.

Afro
07-20-2007, 12:26 AM
I just realized this was on a sunday so once again I will not be able to make it. Sorry all.

FakeSpam
07-23-2007, 05:12 PM
Yeah. Sundays are like the new monday. Bad form, bad form.

TeenieBopper
07-23-2007, 05:28 PM
It's also the day after Harborfest. Chances are I wasn't going to show up, but my plan was to invite a lot of the syracuse crew up to my house that saturday for copious amounts of alcohol consumption.

bigbear102
07-23-2007, 08:50 PM
I like copious amounts of alcohol consumption, and I live like 5 minutes from you, and you and your roommate both owe me 40 bucks. So you guys should have me over to pay me/bribe me with alcohol to pay me less.

And if you want a ride to the tourney when you are hungover I will be driving, hungover or not, so you can at least have a ride.

on1y0ne
07-24-2007, 06:06 PM
Although I have made an appearance at a few events, with the exception of the GPT the day after my stunning display of digestive pyrotechnics, I have not really played in any Legacy events. I suppose I can make an appearance at this one.

Mulletus
07-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Count me out.

on1y0ne
07-26-2007, 10:09 PM
Count me out.

If the reason you won't be there, John, is because I will be playing, then I won't play. I think it would be better for the tournament to have you there, as opposed to me. I think that the community would agree with that, as well.

bigbear102
07-27-2007, 03:55 PM
I think that if John holds enough of a grudge to not play magic because you are going to be there, then he is the one that is bad for the community.

There is also the chance that he just can't make it, hopefully that's it, cuz otherwise he's just being a baby.

OffTheWall
07-27-2007, 06:42 PM
Does anyone know how long it takes to get there from western ma? Mapquest says 3:45 but people have told me it will take longer?

Kadishack
07-27-2007, 11:47 PM
We have some other events running at some point in the day:

Onslaught Drafts!!!

Starter 1999 Drafts!!!

Portal 3 Kingdoms sealed with 2 Portal 2 packs!!!

Bryant Cook
07-27-2007, 11:48 PM
Will they be after or during the main event? I don't want to drop to draft.

cdr
07-28-2007, 01:13 AM
Does anyone know how long it takes to get there from western ma? Mapquest says 3:45 but people have told me it will take longer?

I would think that would be pretty accurate - you're on the thruway pretty much the whole way.

on1y0ne
07-28-2007, 09:52 AM
Am I missing something or is there no mention of Kadi's mom's cookies at this event? That would be a major bummer.....

Ta Jugs
07-28-2007, 11:21 PM
Will there be a vendor at this like there usually is?

AnwarA101
07-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Does anyone have updates on this tournament? Did they get at least 50 people? Are they close to cutting to Top 8?

insertnamehere
07-29-2007, 05:15 PM
Last I heard have of top 8 was controlled by Team Necro.

Peter_Rotten
07-29-2007, 05:47 PM
Last I heard have of top 8 was controlled by Team Necro.

Please say it's not so.

insertnamehere
07-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Please say it's not so.

Yes it is so. Pete(PhaerimmArchlord) or however you say it), James, Jess(AngelofDespair) and Jessie. Pete lost in top 4, I smell Shenanigans.

So to all of you who doubted us :tongue: there is currently no smiley face with a finger

AnwarA101
07-29-2007, 06:56 PM
Yes it is so. Pete(PhaerimmArchlord) or however you say it), James, Jess(AngelofDespair) and Jessie. Pete lost in top 4, I smell Shenanigans.

So to all of you who doubted us :tongue: there is currently no smiley face with a finger

How many players? What is the Top8? More information would help. What decks did these players play?

TheInfamousBearAssassin
07-29-2007, 08:48 PM
Ditto. More info plz. How'd the 3K Sealed go, incidentally? And who/what top 2'd?

Cait_Sith
07-29-2007, 09:12 PM
3K was canceled for lack of participation I believe.

Brushwagg
07-29-2007, 09:17 PM
who/what top 2'd?

Di playing ATS vs. Geoff S (Don't know how to spell last name) Landstill.

Geoff Won.

Like 30 people showed.

on1y0ne
07-29-2007, 09:32 PM
3K sealed did not happen, but there was an Onslaught Sealed for a Mana Drain. Several Fetch lands were cracked in the event. I took the top prize, going 4-0. I opted against the Italian Mana Drain and took 4x Foil Wastelands.

AnwarA101
07-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Di playing ATS vs. Geoff S (Don't know how to spell last name) Landstill.

Geoff Won.

Like 30 people showed.

Does anyone have what was in Top8? Sorry to hear about the weak turnout.

Brushwagg
07-29-2007, 09:48 PM
I know

DI - ATS
Brian Thomas (un-regged) - ATS with Akroma
Geoff (un-regged) - UWgb Landstill
Angel of Despair - UWG Gro

Not sure on the rest. I do know Goblins, and Death and Taxes made it.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
07-29-2007, 09:59 PM
2005's revenge?

Low turnout is indeed unfortunate. I blame the rest of Virginia except for myself.

Bovinious
07-29-2007, 10:04 PM
ATS?? Seeing that made me LOL so hard, but then I started coughing really hard b/c I'm sick :(. But still, that was good for a laugh, I still dont see how any deck with survival can win a match but apparently it did well somehow...

AnwarA101
07-29-2007, 10:08 PM
I just spoke with Kaddy over AIM and he informed me that that due to low turnout (around 30 people) that Eli Kassis did not plan to give out the 9th and 10th pick. Kaddy told him that the dual lands were guaranteed and that he could not cancel part of the prize. Apparently it was a fairly involved argument, but at the end of the discussion the full 40 duals were given out despite the low turnout.

I am glad that Kaddy was there to prevent a real debacle from occurring. Legacy doesn't need events where guaranteed prizes can be canceled. It is better to have no event than have events like this. Having attended Kaddy's previous events I can say that I would not attend another event where Eli Kassis was in charge of the prize support. I can never be sure that I'm driving 7+ hours to not be given the prize that was guaranteed. If that hurts the attendance of NY tournaments that is unfortunate but a likely result of a such a tragic incident.

NANTUKO_SHADY
07-29-2007, 10:58 PM
The top 8 went as follows...

1x Landstill <--- Geoff Smelski???
1x Unicorn Belcher <--- Me
2x Survival (One was EATS piloted by Diablos and the other was Syracuse local Brian Thomas)
1x Ichorid
1x Death and Taxes
1x U/g/W Thresh (Angel of Despair)
1x R/G Goblins w/MD Jitte and City of Traitors

Sorry for not being able to put names with each deck!!!

Quarter Finals

Unicorn Belcher loses to 4c Landstill 2-0

Goblins loses to EATS 2-0

Bridge/Dredge loses to Death and Taxes

U/g/W Thresh loses to ATS/w

Semi Finals

Death and Taxes loses to 4c Landstill

ATS/w loses to EATS

FInals

4c Landstill defeats EATS

Winner= Geoff Smelski with 4x Landstill

Fixed atrocious spelling of Geoff Smelski's name. -Di

Di
07-29-2007, 11:42 PM
I am glad that Kaddy was there to prevent a real debacle from occurring. Legacy doesn't need events where guaranteed prizes can be canceled. It is better to have no event than have events like this. Having attended Kaddy's previous events I can say that I would not attend another event where Eli Kassis was in charge of the prize support. I can never be sure that I'm driving 7+ hours to not be given the prize that was guaranteed. If that hurts the attendance of NY tournaments that is unfortunate but a likely result of a such a tragic incident.

Geoff and I bitched a bit about not recieving the other duals. Then we got them, simple. Despite the fact that the prize support was guaranteed, I understand where Eli was coming from. He had 30 people show up for a DLD. He lost a bit of money there, and as a "businessman" so-to-speak, he needed to do what he could to trim losses.

However, the biggest problem with this tournament was it was on a Sunday. That is what killed the attendance.

Report + slops/props + restaurant shenanigens w/ Rochester crew to follow.

ATS?? Seeing that made me LOL so hard, but then I started coughing really hard b/c I'm sick :(. But still, that was good for a laugh, I still dont see how any deck with survival can win a match but apparently it did well somehow...

Why did this make you laugh? I find it funny how you make such comments yet Survival, ATS nonetheless, placed more in the top8 than any other deck. Not only that, but nearly half the metagame was Survival decks, and there were 3 ATS decks. Fuckin awesome.

Cait_Sith
07-30-2007, 12:37 AM
Yes, Di, it does make sense why Eli didn't want to do it, but he didn't have a choice. He took a chance and it didn't work out for him; that is business.

Also, Angel of Despair was piloting White Thresh, not red. I was talking with her at one point about Mystic Enforcer vs Quirion Dryad.

Edit: Di also decided my first name was cool and threatened to change my Source name to it.

troopatroop
07-30-2007, 12:43 AM
Decklists so we can see the prediction thingy?

Peter_Rotten
07-30-2007, 08:38 AM

Hey! Where have you been? More importantly, where have my two Taiga's been?

OffTheWall
07-30-2007, 04:56 PM
I would like to thank Syracuse for hosting a great event. Those of us that made the trip from Western Ma. had a great time. I was sad that there was no Three Kingdoms sealed, but it would have been tough seeing as though all the cards were in Chinese.

legacyplayer0
07-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Nantukoshady, Quicksilver, and myself had a three-man portal 3kindoms tournament for a Force of Will. Unfortunately the tournament packs ended up actually being theme decks.

Lego
07-30-2007, 05:13 PM
3K was canceled for lack of participation I believe.

3K was canceled for lack of product to draft and lack of Chinese knowledge in the room.

Hey! Where have you been? More importantly, where have my two Taiga's been?

Don't forget my Dark Confidants and Squee!

Bane of the Living
07-30-2007, 05:15 PM
We took four out of eight spots. Not bad.

It sucks that Mr Nightmare and I scrubbed out.

NANTUKO_SHADY
07-30-2007, 05:32 PM
Nantukoshady, Quicksilver, and myself had a three-man portal 3kindoms tournament for a Force of Will. Unfortunately the tournament packs ended up actually being theme decks.

Yeah... that was bullshit.

ForceofWill
07-30-2007, 06:24 PM
Wish I could have made this but Nationals > DLD. I discovered 2hg sealed is an awesome format..

Kadishack
07-31-2007, 12:19 AM
Top 8 decklists:
1st
Geoff Smelski
4 Brainstorm
4 standstill
2 fact or fiction
3 cunning wish
4 counterspell
4 force of will
4 swords
4 wrath of god
3 decree of justice
2 eternal dragon
3 engineered explosives
2 island
2 plains
4 strand
4 tundra
1 tropical
1 underground
1 savannah
1 scrubland
4 mishra’s factory
3 wasteland

Sb
3 spellsnare
1 pact of negation
1 fact or fiction
2 orims chant
2 disenchant
1 pulse of the fields
1 extirpate
1 slaughter pact
1 return to dust
2 crucible of the worlds

2nd
Colin Chilbent
4 Survival
4 cabal therapy
4 brainstorm
1 tradewind rider
1 quiron ranger
1 eternal witness
1 squee
1 anger
1 genesis
4 nimble mongoose
3 tarmogoyf
2 FTK
1 bone shredder
1 masticore
1 baloth
1 tin street hooligan
4 birds
3 tinder wall
1 rofellos
2 confidant
4 tropical
4 bayou
3 taiga
3 foothills
3 heath
3 forest

Sb
3 E. plague
1 goblin pyromancer
3 duress
2 yxilid jailer
2 sandstorm
2 krosan grip
2 null rod

3rd
Brian Thomas
1 harmonic sliver
2 tradewind rider
1 FTK
1 Sharpshooter
1 Squee
1 anger
4 swords
1 akroma
1 loyal retainer
1 worship
3 enlightened tutor
2 eternal witness
4 birds of paradise
4 survival
4 wall of roots
3 ravenous baloth
1 seal of primordium
1 deranged hermit
1 seedborn muse
1 scryb ranger
1 spike weaver
1 genesis
1 rofellos
1 meddling mage
4 heath
2 foothills
3 savannah
2 tropical
2 bayou
3 taiga
3 forest

Sb
1 chalice
1 kataki
2 meddling mage
3 krosan grip
3 REB
2 engineered plague
3 stifle

4th
Peter Meyer
4 silver knight
4 serra avenger
4 meddling mage
3 isamaru
3 stonecloaker
2 jotun Grunt
4 stp
4 vial
3 stifle
4 jitte
2 engineered explosives
1 island
4 tundra
4 plains
2 flagstones
4 karakas
4 floodedstrand
1 windswept Heath

Sb
3 pale curtain
3 tivadar of thorn
2 jotun grunt
4 disenchant
2 engineered explosives
1 stifle

5th
Greg Dzruduch
4 street wraith
4 tinderwall
4 burning wish
4 lotus petal
1 taiga
4 lions eye diamond
4 goblin charbelcher
3 empty the warrens
4 simian spirit guide
4 chrome mox
4 land grant
4 seething song
4 elvish spirit guide
4 wild cantor
4 desperate ritual
4 rite of flame

Sb
1 empty the warrens
1 REB
4 pyroblast
4 shattering spree
1 cave in
1 tendrils
1 simplify
1 infernal tutor
1 goblin war strike

6th
Jesse Robinson
4 lackey
4 Piledriver
4 gempalm
1 tin street
4 warchief
2 sharpshooter
2 fanatic
4 matron
1 siege gang
1 pyromancer
1 prospector
1 kiki-jiki
1 king
4 ringleader
4 vial
2 ancient tomb
2 city of traitors
4 foothills
9 mountain
4 Taiga
1 Plateau

Sb
4 pyrokinesis
1 chalice of the void
3 Krosan Grip
3 pithing Needle
3 engineered explosives
1 tranqual domain

7th
Jessica Hansen
4 tropical
4 tundra
4 flooded strand
3 Delta
1 island
1 forest
1 plains
4 FOW
4 STP
4 brainstorm
3 stifle
4 serum visions
3 daze
3 counterbalance
3 tops
4 tarmagoyf
4 nimble mongoose
2 mystic enforcer
1 werebear
3 engineered explosives

Sb
2 pithing needle
3 krosan grip
3 meddling mage
2 loaming shaman
3 BEB
2 Tivadar of Thorn

8th
James Mankins
4 Stinkweed
4 bridge
4 gemstone mine
4 coliseum
4 LED
3 dread return
3 putrid imp
4 deep analysis
4 Therapy
1 flamekin zealot
4 narcomeoba
4 grave troll
4 thug
4 ichorid
4 city of brass
1 cephalid sage
4 breathrough

sb
1 grudge
3 E. explosives
2 chalice
1 research/development
4 leyline of the void
4 pithing needle

T-ORGANIZER
07-31-2007, 02:06 AM
I put it to a discussion of all the staff whether we were going to give the 9th and 10th set of duals on account of attendance (assuming the players were going to be understanding about it). I am not the sole owner of my company nor the tournament, it was the groups decision to ask the top 8 how they felt (Kadilak made his point very clear that it should be honored anyway). He was outnumbered in the vote and is not one of our partners but I normally take his advice to heart, but I had to give in according to democracy and I ran it bye the top 8. No one mentioned anything back to me (Unfortunately we make alot of announcements that people don't like to listen too) and the next I hear of it Kadilak has stormed over to the judges boothe and very loudly for everyone to hear complains about it. As soon as one player agreed with kadilak I gave out the duals without hesitation. I gave out a box of P3k as door prize and the full set of dual lands as was "guaranteed" (In the future I will do the advertising). I only now created this account to make sure all sides of the story were heard. I realize some people see corporatations as out to get your money, but if you looked at our tax info from year to year you would see that we make around $12,000 a year. That is Half of what a mcdonalds part time employee makes. I am lucky enough to come from a family who has means and I love to run these tournaments for fun because they used to mean soo much to me playing when I was young. We took a very big loss and I admit I tried to salvage some of our losses with something that I didn't think people even cared about. When someone lost their deck at our tournament we donated alot of cards that were stolen, as a small magic community I thought even the players would be understanding, but in the future we will be VERY VERY Clear on the prizes involved in terms of the attendance. On Behalf of our tournament I apologize for any grievances that might have occurred and I would also like to clarify that the PRIZES WERE GIVEN and that a reduced prize was ONLY thought about.

Peter_Rotten
07-31-2007, 10:17 AM
I would also like to clarify that the PRIZES WERE GIVEN and that a reduced prize was ONLY thought about.

Props to you , sir. It is never easy to "take one" in the wallet.

What I am curious about is the low attendance. Kaddy's DLDs usually get 50+ players and this one had better than usual prize support. However, I think that there are three things that may have contributed to the lower turnout:

1. $25 entry fee. Was the entry usually $20?
2. Sunday instead of Saturday.
3. Some confusion about the posting of the event and lack of early information. It was posted early, then seemed to be called off, then was on again.

Do you think that any of these factors may have influenced attendance?

NANTUKO_SHADY
07-31-2007, 11:32 AM
Props to you , sir. It is never easy to "take one" in the wallet.

What I am curious about is the low attendance. Kaddy's DLDs usually get 50+ players and this one had better than usual prize support. However, I think that there are three things that may have contributed to the lower turnout:

1. $25 entry fee. Was the entry usually $20?
2. Sunday instead of Saturday.
3. Some confusion about the posting of the event and lack of early information. It was posted early, then seemed to be called off, then was on again.

Do you think that any of these factors may have influenced attendance?

Being on a Sunday was by far the deciding factor for alot of people I believe. It immediately turned off alot of people who had to travel a good distance and get back to work Monday morning at 8. I believe Kaddy's V is on a Saturday though, so hopefully more shall come. And did I mention everyone.. Eli said if 155 players show up to Kaddy's V, a FULL SET OF POWER will be drafted instead of the Duals!

AnwarA101
07-31-2007, 11:33 AM
I put it to a discussion of all the staff whether we were going to give the 9th and 10th set of duals on account of attendance (assuming the players were going to be understanding about it). I am not the sole owner of my company nor the tournament, it was the groups decision to ask the top 8 how they felt (Kadilak made his point very clear that it should be honored anyway). He was outnumbered in the vote and is not one of our partners but I normally take his advice to heart, but I had to give in according to democracy and I ran it bye the top 8. No one mentioned anything back to me (Unfortunately we make alot of announcements that people don't like to listen too) and the next I hear of it Kadilak has stormed over to the judges boothe and very loudly for everyone to hear complains about it. As soon as one player agreed with kadilak I gave out the duals without hesitation. I gave out a box of P3k as door prize and the full set of dual lands as was "guaranteed" (In the future I will do the advertising). I only now created this account to make sure all sides of the story were heard. I realize some people see corporatations as out to get your money, but if you looked at our tax info from year to year you would see that we make around $12,000 a year. That is Half of what a mcdonalds part time employee makes. I am lucky enough to come from a family who has means and I love to run these tournaments for fun because they used to mean soo much to me playing when I was young. We took a very big loss and I admit I tried to salvage some of our losses with something that I didn't think people even cared about. When someone lost their deck at our tournament we donated alot of cards that were stolen, as a small magic community I thought even the players would be understanding, but in the future we will be VERY VERY Clear on the prizes involved in terms of the attendance. On Behalf of our tournament I apologize for any grievances that might have occurred and I would also like to clarify that the PRIZES WERE GIVEN and that a reduced prize was ONLY thought about.

I am glad that you made the right decision by giving out all the guaranteed prizes. It is tough to run tournaments at a loss and I understand that concern. But I don't think it ever makes sense to try and even ask your customers to take less than what they were promised. As a tournament organizer you take a financial risk but players who drive many hours do this because they trust the tournament organizer will come through on his guarantee. Its the relationship between players and organizers is key especially in such a small format. I don't doubt your loss of money only your consideration to recoup that cost from your customers. But again I'm glad you did the right thing.

T-ORGANIZER
07-31-2007, 12:08 PM
Thank you for your understanding and I totally agree with all your sentiments, the next tournament flyer is in the tournament boards and its on a saturday with plenty of notice and 100% trustable facts. It is going to be called Dual For Duals 1 as kadilak is moving away for school and will no longer be participating in the events.

AnwarA101
07-31-2007, 12:17 PM
Thank you for your understanding and I totally agree with all your sentiments, the next tournament flyer is in the tournament boards and its on a saturday with plenty of notice and 100% trustable facts. It is going to be called Dual For Duals 1 as kadilak is moving away for school and will no longer be participating in the events.

Like I said I understand that you lost money, but not your instinct to recoup the loss from your customers. I'm still a bit skeptical about going to your next tournament. Consider it a cost you paid when you tried to give out less than you promised. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from going, but its something you have to consider when you have to drive 7 hours to get to a tournament.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
07-31-2007, 12:25 PM
Anwar, you are the whitest (http://ww2.wizards.com/Gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?name=rule%20of%20law) person I have ever known. For serial.

But it seems more than a bit harsh to rag on the guy for being tempted to squirm out of a deal but not actually doing it. Let it go, man.

Caboose
07-31-2007, 04:16 PM
This tournament sounded awful. The prize fiasco, the janky top 8 decks, the amount of people who showed up. I'm not sure if I want to take my team out to Kaddi's V :rolleyes:

URABAHN
07-31-2007, 05:44 PM
Anwar, you are the whitest (http://ww2.wizards.com/Gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?name=rule%20of%20law) person I have ever known. For serial.

But it seems more than a bit harsh to rag on the guy for being tempted to squirm out of a deal but not actually doing it. Let it go, man.

I gotta back Anwar on this one, I'm not sure I'd drive 7 hours to play in a tournament run by someone who would even think of reneging on prizes. Remember Evil Roopey's Mana Drain tournament in Blacksburg? He lost just about every bit of credibility after that fiasco.

Di
07-31-2007, 05:50 PM
Thanks for supporting the rest of New York guys, we really appreciate it. Of course, realize if you actually showed up in the first place, none of that shit would've happened.

For those of you who've played in the first 3 Kadi events and/or the Big Arse events, you know the upstate NY tournaments are always a great time and well run. What happened on Sunday was a fluke. If you honestly believe that something like this will happen again (poor advertising, Sunday), then we don't want you coming up anyway.

Watcher487
07-31-2007, 07:04 PM
What happened on Sunday was a fluke. If you honestly believe that something like this will happen again (poor advertising, Sunday), then we don't want you coming up anyway.

It most likely was, no one was willing to pool in Albany, and even if I had one other person with me (Rotten, I'm refering to you) I would have been more willing to have gone.

But regardless of what happens I will be attending the next several tournies (minus EPIC, sorry Bear, my sis is getting hitched)

Nightmare
07-31-2007, 07:24 PM
Everyone that went to this event had an awesome time. The only people complaining are the people who didn't go. That says something.

Angel of Despair
07-31-2007, 08:34 PM
Well, I had a blast! It was definately wicked fun. The only reason that there were less people there was because of Nationals being the same weekend. Thank you for a great tourney, Kadi! It was nice to see everyone again! I definately enjoyed seeing boys cry over losing to me...can't wait to do it again.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
08-01-2007, 03:16 AM
I gotta back Anwar on this one, I'm not sure I'd drive 7 hours to play in a tournament run by someone who would even think of reneging on prizes. Remember Evil Roopey's Mana Drain tournament in Blacksburg? He lost just about every bit of credibility after that fiasco.

Roopey actually dicked people over without consulting and was flagrantly an asshole about it. It's not exactly the same situation.

Citrus-God
08-01-2007, 03:18 AM
Roopey actually dicked people over without consulting and was flagrantly an asshole about it. It's not exactly the same situation.

I sense a story coming on.... please tell.

outsideangel
08-01-2007, 03:45 AM
If you honestly believe that something like this will happen again (poor advertising, Sunday), then we don't want you coming up anyway.

Spoken like someone with absolutely no idea how to get people to come to an event. They should be grateful you're not in charge of their advertising. If a TO said something like that, I sure as hell would avoid anything they put on.

Caboose
08-01-2007, 04:08 AM
I definately enjoyed seeing boys cry over losing to me...can't wait to do it again.

Oh yeah, silly rabbit, magic is a gentleman's game :wink:

laststepdown
08-01-2007, 04:22 AM
Wish I could have made this but Nationals > DLD. I discovered 2hg sealed is an awesome format..

QFT, I'm 1/2 MO State 2hG Champions.

URABAHN
08-01-2007, 07:23 AM
Everyone that went to this event had an awesome time. The only people complaining are the people who didn't go. That says something.

I know you want to defend your fellow New York tournament organizers, but how awesome the tournament was is not the issue Anwar and I have. I'm sure the event was a blast and I would have been in attendance had it not been on a Sunday. What leaves a bad taste in my mouth is hearing about the TO wanting to cut guaranteed prizes to avoid losses at the expense of the folks who travel to play in the event. Maybe it's not that big of a deal and if someone else can explain to me what went down to give me a different perspective, I'm all ears.

Peter_Rotten
08-01-2007, 07:39 AM
I had a lot of fun. hope everyone elts did!!!Are you guy's going to grace us with your presence at the 4 berserk event? It whould be sweet to get have you guy's.:cool:

Foolish Mass player. Team Epic doesn't travel.

Cait_Sith
08-01-2007, 09:16 AM
Oh yeah, silly rabbit, magic is a gentleman's game :wink:

Is that why she was pwning people left and right? Because this is a gentleman's game? Somehow I can just see her burning down a strip club now...

Note: If you have prizes based on attendance you have to be careful, otherwise you will brutally slash how many people come. I wouldn't come 4-5 hours just so I can find out we didn't have enough people.

chmoddity
08-01-2007, 09:46 AM
Hey PhaerimmArchlord, the list you gave for this tournament in the D+T thread is different from the one in the top 8 here. Which one was it?

T-ORGANIZER
08-01-2007, 11:35 AM
I didn't want to state a requirement for attendance either, but if the next one were to flop then there would be no more Dual Land Draft tournies. I've heard from anwar and his friend repeated times about their dislikes, but I want to reiterate that it didn't actually happen and I want to apologize for having thought about it (to the people that were there). I can only say that it won't even be thought of again. If anyone else has anything constructive to suggest about improving the tournament please message me privately so I can try to continue improving them.

Stats For those Keep Tracking or Worried about the Numbers;
Kadilak Open 1 - 45 people
kadilak Open 2 - 55 People
Kadilak Open 3 - 54 People
Kadilak Open 4 - 56 People

- This next one is on a saturday with no conflicting tournaments so I don't think people need to be worried about the duals going out. Even with the low turnout of the 5th open we were 2 people shy of the prizes with the current configuration. Also, i am hoping that the suped up big prizes catch the attention of more players.
- The Texas Hold em tournament will happen I have already gotten enough support.

Bryant Cook
08-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Foolish Mass player. Team Epic doesn't travel.
You're wrong, we've travelled alot actually. We have gone to Columbus and alot of the conneticut events. We're also planning on going to Virginia next weekend. Rottenpwned.

I had a lot of fun. hope everyone elts did!!!Are you guy's going to grace us with your presence at the 4 berserk event? It whould be sweet to get have you guy's.:cool:

As cool as some of you were, travelling for cards most of us already have or don't care about isn't worth it.

Lego
08-01-2007, 12:13 PM
Consider it a cost you paid when you tried to give out less than you promised.

From what Eli has said, I gather that he never made that promise. It was Kadi who mistakenly guaranteed 40 duals. You'll see that in the next tournament, there's a prize structure (which is still very generous) to insure that no erroneous promises are made. I totally support Eli here. If he takes a loss, it just makes him less likely to hold another one of these things.

That said, I won't be traveling so far just for the promise of duals anymore. It's not worth it when I've already got a set, especially when people (you know who you are) let you down and you have to play crap like Goblins.

T-ORGANIZER
08-01-2007, 01:54 PM
I don't want any blame to be placed on kadilak, he did a great job and has always been on your side. Thanks to him the full prize was guaranteed. For those of you who can't make it again I understand, you will be missed. If I only made one mistake in five tournaments I think thats pretty good. If someone else can do the job better i'll come to his tournaments too.
I am going to take one more chance on sept. 8th. I am going to take away the <32 clause and guarantee all 40 duals again. I am confident that enough people will show up even with the personal attacks, but if not then we will just stop holding tournaments. Despite what some of you have said, I hold no grudges and you are all still welcome at the next event. It is always my goal to make sure you all have a great time at my tournaments and I will try to do whatever fun things I can think of to make sure that happens.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
08-01-2007, 02:40 PM
I sense a story coming on.... please tell.

Not really. Roopey hosted a tournament with "guaranteed prize support" and then backed out. To be fair, I think attendance was 6, so we're talking about a massive bath (I think he had a Time Walk up?) but it was still a shitty thing to do.

Is that why she was pwning people left and right? Because this is a gentleman's game?

I imagine that was sarcasm. Although statistically speaking, it is a boy's game. I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen or heard of a girl doing well in a tournament of any level. But this is a topic for another day.

What leaves a bad taste in my mouth is hearing about the TO wanting to cut guaranteed prizes to avoid losses at the expense of the folks who travel to play in the event. Maybe it's not that big of a deal and if someone else can explain to me what went down to give me a different perspective, I'm all ears.

First of all, getting upset because someone wanted to do something is completely asinine. People have lots of ugly and violent and selfish impulses. It's learning how to control them and suppress them and actively thinking about how your actions affect others that allows for civilization, but the impulses don't just go away.

As far as I'm aware, Eli simply considered asking the players whether or not they would be willing to take a cut on the last two dual playsets in order to help offset the deficit of running this particular tournament. Now, this is a bit skeezy, because it could easily come off as a guilt trip, but it's really not that serious compared to someone like Roopey just telling the players that they're getting hosed. The players can just say no. Regardless, it didn't even get this far, because Kadi brought the subject up and a couple of players voiced objection, at which point the TO abandoned the idea.

Now, even if you don't trust Eli's impulses at this point, to worry about getting hosed about prices is silly considering the chain of events here. Eli first appealed to the other staff for a vote, and only then considered approaching the players to ask for their consent on a cut to the prize payout. Do you see what I'm saying here? Even supposing that every single time Eli hosts another Dual Land Draft, he again, for some reason, tries to cut the final two (unlikely to say the least), you could shut it down every single time just by saying 'no'. There's no actual threat to your prize support at all.

Honestly, I think we should just be a little bit sympathetic to the people that run Magic tournaments and try to maintain the hobby, especially when they're doing it on a regular basis. It's not very profitable, and frequently costs more than it produces, even for the big boys. You can't keep a straight face and make a case for anyone in on this hobby being some sort of money-grubbing bastard out for a profit; Magic event organizers frequently take baths and rarely turn a significant profit. If I'm not mistaken, Eli was also financially attached to the disaster that was Amrod's Power 9 tournament as well, so I'm rather sympathetic to someone that's been repeatedly hosed by helping to host magic tournaments. This isn't all to say that I wouldn't have been pissed off if he had actually gone through with reducing prize pay, but I think a bit of fucking clemency is warranted in light of actual events.

Side note: An entire fucking box of P3K? Seriously? Who's the lucky scrub that won that?

T-ORGANIZER
08-01-2007, 04:51 PM
That was very well articulated, thank you. We determined that giving the P3k out in starters so that 10 people each got a starter instead of one person getting a box would be more favorable. We handed out raffle tix during the sign up period and we picked numbers at random during each round. I should also state that we gave out other door prizes and we will continue to try and have the best door prizes found anywhere.

Slay
08-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Side note: An entire fucking box of P3K? Seriously? Who's the lucky scrub that won that?

It was the pre-cons, meaning the lands were pretty but everything else sucked. I managed to get two of them, not that they're worth jack.
-Slay

Bane of the Living
08-01-2007, 05:17 PM
I imagine that was sarcasm. Although statistically speaking, it is a boy's game. I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen or heard of a girl doing well in a tournament of any level. But this is a topic for another day.

Sarcasm? No she went undefeated in the swiss and even knocked good players like wastedlife out of contention.

I think no Virginians took some players out of this tournament obviously. The confusion about the tournament being posted probably did the same.

I think deliberation over prizes is a weak reason to skip an event.

Not many large Legacy tournaments are colaberated at all, let alone with great prizes. Im in it more for the competition and just seeing people from The Source. Driving 4 hours to hang out with Epic and set foot in a different meta was more worth it than the prizes.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
08-02-2007, 06:01 AM
Sarcasm? No she went undefeated in the swiss and even knocked good players like wastedlife out of contention.

No, I mean Caboose was being sarcastic (I think).

zulander
08-02-2007, 06:25 AM
Another thing that impacted attendance for us VA crew was the fact that a lot of guys down here were attending Nats so they just stayed there for the 1.5 tournament.

Nightmare
08-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Mini Report - Scrubbing out and helping out, all in one.

Round 1 - Brian Finlayson-Sheuler (Local guy) with UW Landstill

He plays Wasteland and Crucible MD, and plays Decree as a 3 of.
Game 1, Loss.
Game 2, we have 11 minutes in the round, and I win in 6 of them. He offers the draw, and since I can go aggro better than him, I decline.
Game 3, I forget to shuffle my RFG pile into the deck, and get a game loss. Karma sucks.

(In my last article, I explicitely said my Landstill deck can't win the mirror unless it gets exceedingly lucky. Landstill decks in event: 3. Times I played Landstill mirror today - 1 so far)

Round 2 - Bret Weed (My roommate) playing Belcher (my cards).
Game 1: He dumps Belcher on the table on turn 1, and I have no Force (mulled to 5). I have no MD way to stop it once it's on the table, I lose.
Game 2: I stall him out on his combo, and win from there.
Game 3: I keep Force-no-blue-card, Explosives, Land, StP, Land as my 5 cards (another double mull). He goes turn 1 drop belcher but not activate. Turn 2 he belches me, and hits Bayou as card 19. I go to 2. I sculpt my hand, drop EE at 0 to blow up his Chome Moxen, and Stifle one Belch. I end the game at 1 life (Forced one LED), with the potential to StP a Factory to Force again if need be. Luckiest match ever.

Round 3 - Kevin Wall (Necro-er) GAGOMY? I dunno, RGB Aggro.

Game 1 - I see some dudes, which I kill, and Troll is worse than Humility. Jitte never has a guy to stick to.
Game 2 - The same as Game 1, pretty much. I don't usually have any issues with Aggro decks.

Round 4 - Colin Chilbert (Di) E!GRBUATSA2k7
Game 1 - I show him Humility, he scoops.
Game 2 - He Therapies me 8 frigging times in the first Four turns. 8! I also have a hell of a time finding my second White source.
Game 3 - I get manascrewed again, seems like 25 land would be enough to draw a few. I have a single blue source open, but nothing else. He stomps through with multiple Tarmogoyfs.

Round 5 - Geoff Smelski (Landstill)
Landstill decks in the event: 3. Times I played the mirror: 2.
Of course. I scoop Geoff into the top 8 because I can't make it.

Props:
- Necro for coming up
- Unicorns (Rochester Chapter) for coming over
- Landstill for winning

Slops:
- The Landstill mirror
- Unicorns (VA Chapter) for not coming
- DCI Reporter

Caboose
08-02-2007, 04:02 PM
No, I mean Caboose was being sarcastic (I think).

Sorta. I actually don't like it when girls play magic. Every Pre-Release, I get matched up against a random fatty/goth chick round 1, and I just roll her. It's a waste of my time to play against them. Fortunately, girls tend to stay away from Legacy, because they'd rather buy clothes than duals. Angel of Despair is not fat, at least, and she gave me foil Mental Notes, but when I hear that she went undefeated in the swiss with an outdated list, I roll my eyes. It makes me wonder how many guys went easy on her or simply punted the match on purpose because she has a vagina and if they let her win they might get to pound it.

ForceofWill
08-02-2007, 04:32 PM
I highly doubt that any legacy player on the source would give up a win just because they are playing against a girl.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
08-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Sorta. I actually don't like it when girls play magic. Every Pre-Release, I get matched up against a random fatty/goth chick round 1, and I just roll her. It's a waste of my time to play against them. Fortunately, girls tend to stay away from Legacy, because they'd rather buy clothes than duals. Angel of Despair is not fat, at least, and she gave me foil Mental Notes, but when I hear that she went undefeated in the swiss with an outdated list, I roll my eyes. It makes me wonder how many guys went easy on her or simply punted the match on purpose because she has a vagina and if they let her win they might get to pound it.

Dude, you're a dick.

calosso
08-02-2007, 05:12 PM

Wow you are retarded.

Caboose
08-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Dude, you're a dick.

Sorta. I'm bipolar, so I'm either the nicest guy ever, or an arrogant condescending asshole. You gotta take the good with the bad.

Wow you are retarded.

That is epic pot/kettle.

scrumdogg
08-02-2007, 08:25 PM
That is easily one of the most ignorant things I've seen posted here. I can't imagine a Magic player worth spitting on that would even consider having that mindset. Not to say that Magic players with that mindset don't exist...but they aren't going home with the prize (Magic or otherwise) anyway. Your statement defines why females tend not to participate in our hobby and I hope you get paired with some of the quite competent female players in the game at a more major event.

Citrus-God
08-02-2007, 08:57 PM
That is easily one of the most ignorant things I've seen posted here. I can't imagine a Magic player worth spitting on that would even consider having that mindset. Not to say that Magic players with that mindset don't exist...but they aren't going home with the prize (Magic or otherwise) anyway. Your statement defines why females tend not to participate in our hobby and I hope you get paired with some of the quite competent female players in the game at a more major event.

I remember people saying Poker is a man's game. I see women doing well everywhere now, like Shannon Elizabeth, Jen Harmen, Jennifer Tilly, Kristy Gazes, Clonnie Gowen, and so many others.

Jak
08-02-2007, 10:52 PM
Being bipolar is no excuse. It doesn't change your mindset on things.

Sims
08-02-2007, 10:52 PM
If stupidity was painful, Caboose would have had an aneurysm and been dead long ago. I understand that there are girls who play magic whom aren't as skilled as the guys or aren't too hot in the looks department, but at least they are competing in a game that is largely dominated by a male populace and enjoying the game the same we are. I've taught girls how to play Magic: Went right through one's head, the other still plays in casual kitchen-table games. I know there are, also, some very successful and decent looking girl magic players out there who would love to school your ass in this game and then probably be kick the shit out of you for such an asinine statement.

bigbear102
08-02-2007, 11:26 PM
Like I said I understand that you lost money, but not your instinct to recoup the loss from your customers. I'm still a bit skeptical about going to your next tournament. Consider it a cost you paid when you tried to give out less than you promised. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from going, but its something you have to consider when you have to drive 7 hours to get to a tournament.

If I'm not mistaken, Virginians have been to every single one of the events Eli has put on. The 2nd GAGG, and the last 3 Kadi events have been sponsored and run by him. I'm kind of skeptical of driving to Virginia tomorrow if this is how much loyalty you guys actually have, one mistake and you are doubting 4 tourneys and 2 years...

Getsickanddie
08-02-2007, 11:47 PM
if this is how much loyalty you guys actually have, one mistake and you are doubting 4 tourneys and 2 years...

A mistake wasn't even made, it was just thought about. Not to mention Eli had the balls to come here and tell his side of the story.

After how the community treated Dave Amrod, one of the most generous Tournament Organizers (and one of the nicest people) I've met in Magic, nothing surprises me anymore.

TeenieBopper
08-03-2007, 12:48 AM
The P9 was guaranteed, and while it sucks, he needed to put them up.

Nobody treated Dave poorly, at least, no events that I know of. He was just a bad businessman. Nicest guy you'd ever meet, but doesn't make him any better of a businessman.

Caboose
08-03-2007, 02:38 AM
I know there are, also, some very successful and decent looking girl magic players

Fucking false.

out there who would love to school your ass in this game

LOL! Certainly not at Legacy. Maybe type 2 or something.

and then probably be kick the shit out of you for such an asinine statement.

EPIC LULZ!! Caboose doesn't take shit from anyone.

EDIT: I know you guys are just pretending to be offended so you might be allowed to fondle some titties at Kadi's V, but chill out. You guys are acting like MTGSalvation right now. "OMG!! Maybe if I defend the girl magic player she will cyber with me!!!11"

Getsickanddie
08-03-2007, 03:08 AM
The P9 was guaranteed, and while it sucks, he needed to put them up.

Nobody treated Dave poorly, at least, no events that I know of. He was just a bad businessman. Nicest guy you'd ever meet, but doesn't make him any better of a businessman.

People talked shit about him all over the forums (not just this one) after that Power 9 fiasco. I can understand it from people who didn't know him, but it seemed a little disrespectful from anyone who did to even think he wouldn't provide the prizes (which he eventually did).

xsockmonkeyx
08-03-2007, 05:42 AM
Angel of Despair is not fat, at least, and she gave me foil Mental Notes, but when I hear that she went undefeated in the swiss with an outdated list, I roll my eyes. It makes me wonder how many guys went easy on her or simply punted the match on purpose because she has a vagina and if they let her win they might get to pound it.

When I hear someone goes undefeated in the swiss I think they are a good player having a good day. Also, how is her deck outdated? If you think her list is outdated then shouldnt you be impressed, if anything, that she did so well? Anyway, shame on you for judging people by the number of X chromosomes they have.

Congrats to AoD

Nightmare
08-03-2007, 06:35 AM
This thread is bad now.

unlocked because caboose is banned now---frogboy