PDA

View Full Version : Revised Dual Lands

kabal
06-16-2007, 11:11 AM

dre4m
06-16-2007, 11:19 AM
I was bored last night and decided to scan through my collection. When I got to my Underground Seas and happen to notice a slight difference between the 2. On very close inspection, 1 of them has tiny transparent circles pretty much through the card, where the other 1 does not. Afterwards I decided to take a look at some of my other duals and noticed similar pattern with the other ones. Where 1 or 2 of the play set would have these circles.

My question is, if you own revised duals do yours follow this similar pattern? Is it something to do with the printing from back in the day? Or do I we smell fakes? The reason I not leaning towards the third answer is because I have traded/purchased these duals from different shops in different states so it seems unlikely.

I'm having some trouble visualising what you're describing. Could you post a scan of your cards?

mikekelley
06-16-2007, 12:02 PM
I just looked through my landstill deck and they all had that printing pattern - the ringlets, so to say.

hi-val
06-16-2007, 01:57 PM
They are all fakes; I suggest you mail them to me so that I can dispose of them properly. PM me for my address.

Jak
06-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Yeah I agree with hi-val. These things can't get out. Mike just send me yours.

FoolofaTook
06-16-2007, 11:57 PM
I'd need to see scans to know what you are describing on your Underground Seas. I have 9 of them dating back to 1994 or so, all Revised as I was able for some silly reason to trade Unlimiteds 2 for 1 at one point. One of them is a French Mer Soutteraine, which is also of the Revised printing lineage. None of them have little circles although I might be looking for the wrong thing.

My guess is you have Unlimiteds or counterfeits with probably Unlimited as the more likely option. I have a number of other Unlimited cards and they all have minor anomalies in the dye or typesetting or a combination thereof. Revised was the first set to really standardize on printing, although the colors they used are fairly washed out compared to all other sets. Legends then had too much color in it to compensate and the contrast between the two sets is really interesting.

Pale Moon FTW
06-17-2007, 12:00 PM
All cards of the pre-8th design looks like that, you can actually see it with the naked eye when looking at a card if you look closely. What seems strange is more that not all your duals looked like that though. But the ones with ringlets are certainly not fake, it's more likely that the ones without them are fake actually.

FoolofaTook
06-17-2007, 01:11 PM
I still don't see the ringlets. I guess that's just my failing eyesight at work agin. :laugh: