PDA

View Full Version : [4 Volcs] The Dragon's Lair

TheDragonsLair
06-16-2007, 09:49 PM
We are back hosting the greatest Legacy Tournaments in MA.
THE DRAGON"S LAIR in West Springfield Ma announces our large Legacy Tournament for the month of July.
Date: Sunday July 22th 2007
Start Time: 12:30PM Registration begins at 11:30 PM
Type: Legacy (1.5) Cost: $10.00
Minimum of 12 People
Where: 683 Westfield ST
West Springfield MA 01089
(413) 731-7237
1st place: 4 Volcanic Islands or $100.00 store credit
2nd place: 4 Mox Diamonds or $60.00 store credit
3rd Place: 2 Flooded Strand (Foreign) or $30.00 store credit
4th Place: 2 Sword of Fire/Ice or $20.00 store credit
5th-8th Places each get $10 store credit (if we get 20 players) or 3 boosters if we get under 20 players.
We will have door prizes between rounds.
This will be a SANCTIONED event.
Call early if you want to pre-register
Hope to see you there.

If we can spark up enough interest there will be a side event after round 2 and a large Type 4 tourney if anyone is interested. Prizes awarded bases on amount of interested players.

insertnamehere
06-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Now that Dragon's Lair is back. who's coming.

Bane of the Living
06-27-2007, 11:05 PM
Necro of course. It is our turf after all.

SillyMetalGAT
06-28-2007, 12:01 AM
Bill im just going to say that your a homo for joining team crayola.... that is all

scrumdogg
06-28-2007, 12:58 AM
Good to see Dragon's Lair continuing with the big tournies. And Derek, a team should be a cooperative effort with everyone benefiting...think about how Necro operates before you start throwing stones and ponder why someone might not want to belong any longer.

insertnamehere
06-28-2007, 07:51 PM
Necro of course. It is our turf after all.

What makes it been Team Necro's Turf?

Bill im just going to say that your a homo for joining team crayola.... that is all

Coming from somebody who has not supported the team since Lincoln was President that says alot.

This post is for Dragon's Lairs Tournament and is not for bickering between Teams.

Bane of the Living
06-29-2007, 04:43 PM
What makes it been Team Necro's Turf?

Coming from somebody who has not supported the team since Lincoln was President that says alot.

This post is for Dragon's Lairs Tournament and is not for bickering between Teams.

We all play there. And win.

Auf wiedersehen.

insertnamehere
07-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Little over a week away. Whose going.

technogeek5000
07-11-2007, 03:37 PM
Im still deciding whether i should go to this or not. My interest in vintage died when i got into legacy, but TMD open is like a hour and 20 minutes closer.

insertnamehere
07-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Im still deciding whether i should go to this or not. My interest in vintage died when i got into legacy, but TMD open is like a hour and 20 minutes closer.

Why would anyone want to play with a bunch of people that proxy. Anyone can build a deck with 15 proxies and win. Is it that it is closer or you don't have the available brain cells to build a deck with 60 cards without using proxies. Last I heard this place will be loaded with door prizes.

SillyMetalGAT
07-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Why would anyone want to play with a bunch of people that proxy. Anyone can build a deck with 15 proxies and win. Is it that it is closer or you don't have the available brain cells to build a deck with 60 cards without using proxies. Last I heard this place will be loaded with door prizes.

If Vintage is that easy Bill, why dont you play it? Vintage isn't brainless at all... Its actually a lot of fun.

technogeek5000
07-11-2007, 10:48 PM

I live in Shelton, Ct. the store is about 10 minutes from my house. Also I already have a deck built. Its just I honestly have close to zero enthusiasm for the format. You either play one of 3 to 4 different combo decks (maybe a variation of them) or you play control decks like stax. If you play anything different you are at a severe disadvantage.

Is it that it is closer or you don't have the available brain cells to build a deck with 60 cards without using proxies.
Now why would you say something like that. I have all the mental ability to make a deck for vintage. Also, do you realize how ridiculously expensive it is to play unproxied vintage. You either pay 4000+ dollars for power or you play without power and lose.

insertnamehere
07-11-2007, 11:05 PM
If Vintage is that easy Bill, why dont you play it? Vintage isn't brainless at all... Its actually a lot of fun.

I prefer playing with actual cards and not proxies. I used to play vintage until I got tired of wasting so many cards to proxy cards and that much extra for the cards I could not proxy.

PwnerOfNoobz
07-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Ok for one Team Necro it is definetely not your turf at all. You guys only play Legacy so it can't be your turf if you don't win type 2 and type 1 tournies when they have them.

Also Team 0-2 drop has gotten first/second alot there and the only players that really do good is Pete and I, and we're like 4th/5th in Mass, so I would say its Pete's and my turf there buddy sorry to say it. And let Bill say what he wants he isn't that bad of a guy. He can be an ass sometimes, but he can also be really cool.

And if you wanna talk about turf, I have won 15 out of the past 18 tournies at Chicopee, so I guess it's my turf afterall?

Good God that was atrocious. Post Edited. You've been shown the forum rules so please refer to their guidelines if you wish to post here. If not, then you can go post elsewhere, because we don't tolerate poor grammar and punctuation. -Di

SillyMetalGAT
07-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Ok for 1 team necro it is defiantly not ur turf at all....all u guys play is legacy so it cant be ur turf if u dont win type 2 and typ 1 tournies when they have them.

also team 0-2 drop has gotten first second alot there and the only player that really does good is pete and me and him r like 4th 5th in mass so...i would say its petes and my turf there buddy sorry to say it and let bill say wut he wants he aint that abd of a guy he can be an ass sometimes but he can also be really cool.

and if u wanna tlak about turf i have won 15 outta the past 18 tournies at chicopee so i guess thats my turf???

Grammer FTL? Seriously, check the rules before you post. KTHX!

technogeek5000
07-11-2007, 11:56 PM
Nobody likes to decipher Internet slang posts. It's so much easier for everyone to just use proper grammar and spelling. It helps to contribute to the intellect level of the players, their posts, and their decks.

Also who cares if you won 15 of the last 18 in chicopee. I took second at the one with actual half decent prizes. Who are you anyway for that matter.

This is a legacy forum. Noone cares if you win type 2 or type 1 tournaments.

PwnerOfNoobz
07-12-2007, 12:00 AM
Dude slang terms are all over the internet. You have to deal with them alot if you use computers, and if you really have to think of the word being used then you really have used a computer much.

Post Edited. You've been shown the forum rules by others so please refer to their guidelines if you wish to post here. If not, then you can go post elsewhere, because we don't tolerate poor grammar and punctuation here.
-Di

SillyMetalGAT
07-12-2007, 12:04 AM
Q. what hppns if I want 2 tpye liek this?
A. One thing that is not tolerated on The Source is poor typing and grammar. A few members are from countries outside the U.S., and English is not their primary language. This is accepted. However, typing like you are on Instant Messenger or being lazy with grammar and spelling is unacceptable. Please be aware of the forum rules. (http://mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=827)

Reading is tech!

PwnerOfNoobz
07-12-2007, 12:06 AM
Reading and typing FTW

ForceofWill
07-12-2007, 12:40 AM
I've won every tourny I"ve played at Chicopee and the only big tourny they've had so far for legacy. Winning all the small tournies there doesn't mean anything. I mean how many of those tournies actually had 8 people?

Bane of the Living
07-13-2007, 06:07 PM
Ok for one Team Necro it is definetely not your turf at all. You guys only play Legacy so it can't be your turf if you don't win type 2 and type 1 tournies when they have them.

Also Team 0-2 drop has gotten first/second alot there and the only players that really do good is Pete and I, and we're like 4th/5th in Mass, so I would say its Pete's and my turf there buddy sorry to say it. And let Bill say what he wants he isn't that bad of a guy. He can be an ass sometimes, but he can also be really cool.

And if you wanna talk about turf, I have won 15 out of the past 18 tournies at Chicopee, so I guess it's my turf afterall?

Good God that was atrocious. Post Edited. You've been shown the forum rules so please refer to their guidelines if you wish to post here. If not, then you can go post elsewhere, because we don't tolerate poor grammar and punctuation. -Di

Dude who is team 0-2 drop to The Source? I dont care if you beat people with Dragonstorm, we dont play that shnaz here. Your team hasnt gotten 1/2 aside from you, the only one on your team that plays legacy. So 3/4 of my team make top 4 with you whats your point? Pete actually wins every event he enters, if its his turf its Necro turf obviously.

Who are you anyway for that matter?

He's the one that hacked into insertnamehere's account and sent a bunch of nasty pms to people on my team.

Hopefully he'll do something stupid again and Diablos will equip the ban hammer.

insertnamehere
07-16-2007, 10:03 PM
OK, first off Ryan, you were the one boasting about what happened. This post is not about that. I understand that you win all the tournaments in Chicopee. I can't remember the last time there was a sanctioned tournament there for Legacy except the ones that were won by Pete and Ben. How about you slow down on your basic writing skills until you make it through 1at grade and just show up and play without having an excuse why you can't show up.

Last I heard, hooked on phonics worked wonders on other little kids. You should try it!

Volt
07-16-2007, 11:54 PM
AAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!! MY EYES!!!!! :mad:

Here's a crash course in spelling:

TOURNEY (not tourny)

TOURNEYS (not tournies)

DEFINITE (not the ridiculous way you spell it)

A LOT (Two friggin words!!! GAH!!!!! DO YOU HEAR ME?!?!?! TWO FRIGGING WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!)

scrumdogg
07-19-2007, 01:05 PM
AAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!! MY EYES!!!!! :mad:

Here's a crash course in spelling:

TOURNEY (not tourny)

TOURNEYS (not tournies)

DEFINITE (not the ridiculous way you spell it)

A LOT (Two friggin words!!! GAH!!!!! DO YOU HEAR ME?!?!?! TWO FRIGGING WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!)

Heh, Volt is apparently the Grammar Sliver BU 2/2 Each Sliver gains Sacrifice :2: (eyes): Yell 'MY EYES!' and severely chastise intarweb retards about proper usage of the English language FTW....maybe Pinder could make this a card?

Also, how many people are planning to make this? Be nice if Kevin's 44 could be followed up by a similar number of people. About the same place in MA (south of I-90 rather than north) and easy to get to (on Rt 20). Not nearly as good singles prices but a nice store nonetheless.

Watcher487
07-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Heh, Volt is apparently the Grammar Sliver BU 2/2 Each Sliver gains Sacrifice :2: (eyes): Yell 'MY EYES!' and severely chastise intarweb retards about proper usage of the English language FTW....maybe Pinder could make this a card?

Also, how many people are planning to make this?

I'm out due to family problems. But I will attempt to make the next one.

KillemallCFH
07-19-2007, 02:36 PM
If it was on a Saturday I'd come, but Sundays my brother works and therefore I have no way to get there.

Peter_Rotten
07-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Going. With Belc.... um... Burning TOG! ROAR! And will ppl stop playing EE?

scrumdogg
07-20-2007, 12:29 AM
Going. With Belc.... um... Burning TOG! ROAR! And will ppl stop playing EE?

You know DCIR is going to pair the 2 oldest players in the room...4xEE MD and I may toss in some Powder Kegs & Disenchants, just for you!

ForceofWill
07-20-2007, 01:32 AM
Allan can't forget null rods oh and I'm trying to bring The Banned One to this so he can show he does actually play magic and not just party....

scrumdogg
07-20-2007, 02:28 AM
Great, you AND Jay topdecking like whores in same compact building...so do I get to face you Rounds 1 & 2 or 4 & 5? Atleast I can rest assured the Goblin count will remain high at that point :cool: Oh, and Null Rod, good call....we have at least 4 coming from Woosta for this as Brendan appeared from the dead...

Bane of the Living
07-20-2007, 10:24 PM
Allan can't forget null rods oh and I'm trying to bring The Banned One to this so he can show he does actually play magic and not just party....

You speak of the team secret tech? Ive have him locked and loaded with what he needs.

Bryant Cook
07-20-2007, 11:09 PM
I love reading these threads about 4x Dual land events, it's like watching a cripple fight.

insertnamehere
07-20-2007, 11:38 PM
Great, you AND Jay topdecking like whores in same compact building...so do I get to face you Rounds 1 & 2 or 4 & 5? Atleast I can rest assured the Goblin count will remain high at that point :cool: Oh, and Null Rod, good call....we have at least 4 coming from Woosta for this as Brendan appeared from the dead...

Please note:The only "whore" that will be there is me. The Tradewhore

ForceofWill
07-21-2007, 12:19 AM
wastedlife I'd rather pay $10 for a set of dual lands than 25-30.

scrumdogg
07-21-2007, 11:22 PM
Please note:The only "whore" that will be there is me. The Tradewhore

No Bill, you are the top whore & founding member of Team 'Force of Will Your AK For 1', Ben & Jay are topdecking goblin whores. Looking forward to seeing & playing everybody.

ForceofWill
07-22-2007, 08:39 AM
Sadly Jay will not be coming as he'd rather make money playing poker than make less money playing magic. And if I were anywhere near as lucky as Jay was I would have dominated that sea drake tourny. Jay and I tested the matchup playing same lists (him playing goblins though and me Rav) and his draws were insane. He had both his tin streets like every game and after board always saw grip in multiples. while I only got plague in 2 games (we played about 20). Anyway see you all there..

ForceofWill
07-22-2007, 09:53 PM
Okay Everybody

when I left finals was still playing but..

heres what I know so far

24 players 5 rounds

top 8 matches

Green Goblins Ben (Me) Beats Trinket Angel Stompy Eric (Tivadar)

Aluren (Slay) beats Dredge Nate (Bane)

Death and Taxes Pete (P%#@$Overlord) beats U/g Madness (Fucking Bryan)

Slivers Roddy (Roddy) beats Green Goblins James Mankin (TMLO II day 1 top 8 faerie stompy player)

top 4

Death and taxes Beats Goblins

Slivers Beats Aluren

3rd/4th match

Gobs Beats Aluren

finals

Death and Taxes Beats Slivers...

Edit: sorry for double post...

Double Edit: DEATH AND TAXES WINS AGAIN and I puke...

RoddyVR
07-22-2007, 10:39 PM
ended up losing in the finals... got him down to 1 life... but that legendary "T:remove target and me from game" + karakas was just too much too handle.
great games.

thanks to everyone i played against, especialy slay for beating that dredge deck, cause i would have had 0 chance against it (got squashed by it round 5).

tournament was a lot of fun. best part is, i finally got real confirmation that siding out Sliver Legion is NOT a good idea.

Slay
07-22-2007, 11:39 PM
Today I learned that it's pretty fucking hard to play Aluren on drugs.

But at least my top 8 streak continues.
-Slay

SillyMetalGAT
07-23-2007, 01:59 PM
Im not trying to be a dick, but Lego_Army_Man, you gotta learn to shut the fuck up while games were in session. You practically babystepped Slay through that entire match against Bane in the finals, although im confident that Slay could have done it himself. Asking Bane how many bridges he had and dropping little hints to Slay can not only get you DQed, it can get Slay DQed too. Also your NEVER allowed to touch someones cards that your not playing. You picked up Banes graveyard twice. Dont do it at the next tournament or I will call the judge.

Lego
07-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Also your NEVER allowed to touch someones cards that your not playing. You picked up Banes graveyard twice. Dont do it at the next tournament or I will call the judge.

Seriously, I don't want to get into a fight with you, but I asked Nate both times if I could look at his graveyard, and he said it was fine. There's also nothing illegal about asking for game state as long as neither player objects. I was wondering what Nate was dredging because he was getting some pretty horrible luck, and neither player was objecting. Had he asked me to leave, I would have been happy to.

A note for the next time one of these happens: Please don't list 11:30 as the beginning of registration and 12:30 as the start time if you're not even going to open the store before noon and the tournament isn't going to start before 1.

Slay
07-23-2007, 03:13 PM
Although there were a few questionable moments(I think I had to tell Lego straight up once not to give me game advice) most of what he was saying was either gamestate clarifications, which happened a lot because I have a serious problem with short-term memory and I'm playing Aluren, or just chatting it up with me, because I'm a talkative guy when I play. Besides, the biggest outside help I got was Nate reminding me I could blow my Deed for 2 and wipe his Bridges away.

But yeah, I'd really feel much more comfortable if the people that were helping me not make illegal plays weren't on my "team".
-Slay

SillyMetalGAT
07-23-2007, 03:30 PM
I heard Lego ask Nate how many Bridges were in his graveyard a couple times, kinda hinting to you when it would be good to blow your Walls. Either way, outside shit like thats not really allowed.

Lego
07-23-2007, 04:13 PM
I heard Lego ask Nate how many Bridges were in his graveyard a couple times, kinda hinting to you when it would be good to blow your Walls. Either way, outside shit like thats not really allowed.

Considering that I was chatting it up with Nate at the same time, I don't think anyone was too worried about it. You're right, at a more formal tournament it probably wouldn't have been okay, but I really was just having a good time hanging out. Nate and I were talking as well. Had he had a problem with me being there, I would have left no problem.

Anyway, I thought the tournament was a good time, and there seemed to be a smaller percentage of bad decks this time around (although Slivers and Death and Taxes in the finals? What's up with that? :-P)

Bane of the Living
07-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Considering that I was chatting it up with Nate at the same time, I don't think anyone was too worried about it. You're right, at a more formal tournament it probably wouldn't have been okay, but I really was just having a good time hanging out. Nate and I were talking as well. Had he had a problem with me being there, I would have left no problem.

Anyway, I thought the tournament was a good time, and there seemed to be a smaller percentage of bad decks this time around (although Slivers and Death and Taxes in the finals? What's up with that? :-P)

I didnt give you permission, you picked it upon your own. You asked me how many bridges and I told you each time. I asked you several times to stop talking and you went on about being allowed to make commentary. Your only allowed to make comments on gamestate if you watch someone break a rule. You were butting in for every little thing. You were up my ass about damage from Cephalid Coliseums the moment I tapped them and announced shit I was dredging, you were really pushing the envelop.

I think it would be respectfull for you to keep good distance from my next games so I dont actually have to ask you to be escorted away.

You know it wins 3 sanctioned events a week in western mass right??

Can you explain to me why Death and Taxes is a bad deck? I was the only one to beat him.

tivadar
07-23-2007, 08:07 PM
A note for the next time one of these happens: Please don't list 11:30 as the beginning of registration and 12:30 as the start time if you're not even going to open the store before noon and the tournament isn't going to start before 1.

Yeah, I was on a schedule for the day. I planned on things starting a bit late, but I certainly didn't expect things to start up at 1:30 when it had 12:30. I understand that things can get going a bit late, but this should be planned for accordingly.

Lego
07-24-2007, 12:29 PM
I think it would be respectfull for you to keep good distance from my next games so I dont actually have to ask you to be escorted away.

I didn't realize me being there was bothering you. I'm sorry about that. If you had asked me to leave, I would have no problem. Again, I'm sorry.

You know it wins 3 sanctioned events a week in western mass right??

I'm not sure what this means...

Can you explain to me why Death and Taxes is a bad deck? I was the only one to beat him.

That's cuz I didn't play him :wink: Seriously though, it's not the worst deck in the world, I'm simply not a big fan, for the same reason that I'm not a fan of Dirt.

scrumdogg
07-24-2007, 01:10 PM
Seeing Slay's Top 8 matches was like watching a Two-Headed Giant match, except that you were seated on the opponent's side. If it was innocent (and I believe that you are being disingenuous on that point) then it was the greatest accidental display of coaching I have ever witnessed. The irony being that Slay didn't need that, he is competent even when stoned & got to Top 8 on his own. He got severely unlucky Game 3 to lose to Roddy but that happens. Death & Taxes, especially the new Wu version with Meddling Mages & Stifles, is better than people think. I'm sure some of the success is due to Pete's familiarity with deck & how to maximize card usage, but it beats DTB archetypes all the time.

ForceofWill
07-24-2007, 01:33 PM
[QUOTE=Lego_Army_Man;147776]I didn't realize me being there was bothering you. I'm sorry about that. If you had asked me to leave, I would have no problem. Again, I'm sorry.

Dude You were annoying the shit out of me as well when I was playing slay in 3rd/4th match. Like you just started going to my rare box without permission while I was playing I mean wtf dude.

T is for TOOL
07-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Locked before this gets out of hand.
-TOOL