PDA

View Full Version : Power Conduit and cumulative upkeep.

RoddyVR
06-25-2007, 02:28 PM
power conduit seems like a great way to keep the age counters off a commulative upkeep card...

my question is, can i actualy not pay any upkeep at all with it?

during my upkeep a card with commulative upkeep will get an age counter, can i then remove that counter before having to actualy pay the upkeep? or will i only be able to use power conduit's ability after the counter is on there and paid for?

just thought of another question for power conduit:
it sais remove a counter from a permanent.... are suspended cards considered permanents?

Tacosnape
06-25-2007, 03:12 PM
power conduit seems like a great way to keep the age counters off a commulative upkeep card...

my question is, can i actualy not pay any upkeep at all with it?

during my upkeep a card with commulative upkeep will get an age counter, can i then remove that counter before having to actualy pay the upkeep? or will i only be able to use power conduit's ability after the counter is on there and paid for?

You can not do this. Putting the age counter on the card and paying the cost for each age counter are both done during the resolution of the Cumulative Upkeep trigger. You can, however, remove the age counter before the next upkeep with Power Conduit, meaning you'll only ever have to pay it at 1 age counter as long as you dedicate a Power Conduit for it.

just thought of another question for power conduit:
it sais remove a counter from a permanent.... are suspended cards considered permanents?

No. They're considered Cards. Permanents have to be in play. Spells have to be on the stack. Anywhere else, a card is considered to be a Card.