PDA

View Full Version : 2-Man Tournament II - The Sequel

Tacosnape
06-29-2007, 02:27 PM
Yes, I have this little of a life.

Vial Goblins defends its Title Belt against all comers, in a 32-deck single elimination tournament! (We're never doing 64 again. Seriously. That shit was exhausting.)

What you guys can do is help us select a few more decks. Five, to be precise. Twenty-seven have been selected thus far. So if you have an idea for a deck to include, post it, along with a link to the decklist.

1. RW Goblins (Champion)
2. UGW Threshold
3. Solidarity
4. Gamekeeper Salvagers
5. Manaless Ichorid
6. Replenish Enchantress
7. The Polar Express
8. 4C Landstill
9. Faerie Stompy
10. Train Wreck
11. RGBSA
12. CRET Belcher
13. Deadguy Ale
14. Aluren
15. Amazy Madness
16. Burn
17. Meathooks
18. UBW Fish
19. Red Death
20. UGR Threshold
21. UGW Landstill
22. The Epic Storm
23. RG Goblins
24. Iggy Pop
25. Armageddon Stax
26. RGW Loam Control
27. Angel Stompy
28. RW Quake
29. Trinity Green
30. Affinity
31. Rabid Wombat
32. 4 Deuce

Bold = Your Requests at work.
Added: Deadguy Ale, Aluren, RW Quake, Trinity Green, Affinity, Rabid Wombat, 4-Deuce, Angel Stompy, RGW Loam Control
Dropped: Meandeck Aluren, Stark Black, Magnivore, Terrageddon

Machinus
06-29-2007, 02:35 PM
Armageddon Stax
Chalice Affinity
White Weenie
UGB Aluren

Tacosnape
06-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Armageddon Stax
Chalice Affinity
White Weenie
UGB Aluren

Angel Stax was meant to be Armageddon Stax. Sorry.

Got a White Weenie List?

Machinus
06-29-2007, 02:42 PM
http://mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2635&page=33

http://www.starcitygames.com/php/news/article/14124.html

dre4m
06-29-2007, 02:49 PM
The TRUFFLE SHUFFLE!!!
And Angel Stompy.

clavio
Relic orb!

http://www.starcitygames.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=757202&highlight=#757202

The first list, -1 morphling +1 efreet

wombat and pox too

joejoemo
brand fish

Nihil Credo
06-29-2007, 02:54 PM
Decks that definitely don't get as much attention as they deserve:

Orlove Reanimator
Four-Deuce

Decks that get quite a bit of attention, deserved or not:

Truffle Shuffle (possibly replacing Train Wreck)
The Spanish Inquisition
Pox

Fresh new decks that show potential:

Thoughtless Sensei
W/R Quake
Trinity Green

Self-promotion:

Counter-Rebels

Jak
06-29-2007, 04:39 PM
Yay for trinity green!!!!

But also that RGB deck with Goyf, Discard, Negator, and burn looks really promising. Umm Rabid Wombat is a great deck. And for my last pick, I would have to choose SI.

Tacosnape
06-29-2007, 04:52 PM
@Trinity Green and WR Quake: Both in. They're both new, fresh, promising, and fun to play decks.

@Angel Stompy, Rabid Wombat: Both leaning towards going in.

@Relic Orb: Uh. I have absolutely no idea how to play that. And I'm the guy who went 6-0 with Solidarity the first six times he played it without ever watching it played. Let me study it a bit and I'll consider.

@SI: Probably not. We already have CRET Belcher, Solidarity, Epic Storm, and Iggy Pop clogging up the Storm Combo section. Unless we cut a less popular one (Namely, Iggy) another Storm Combo would be too much. Belcher and Epic Storm won't get cut due to immense popularity, nor will Solidarity due to everything making top 4 last time getting an auto-include. Would anyone miss Iggy Pop that much in this tourney?

@Orlove Reanimator: I suppose it possibly earned another run after making T8. Under consideration.

@Four-Deuce: A low aggro count makes this possible. Under consideration.

@Truffle Shuffle: Truffle got the nod over Train Wreck last time. So we're reversing things this time. Truffle's inclusion is doubtful, but if enough people want it in, in it goes.

@Brand Fish, Chalice Affinity: They had their fun last time.

Gambit
06-29-2007, 04:57 PM
B/w Pox

Phantom
06-29-2007, 04:58 PM
If you're looking to up the aggro count Death and Taxes and Blue skies are fairly interesting Vial aggro decks. Skies actually has a pretty good history considering it won a DLD and it day two'd the GP despite the fact that almsot no one plays it.

Bane of the Living
06-29-2007, 05:00 PM
I think you need some loam varient in there since you have none. Id recommend my Columbus Confinement list. It makes another good addition for control as well.

I think AfFOWnity deserves a go since its another new innovation that sees success since your last 2-Man Tourny.

My votes on Ichorid taking the whole thing. You better be running a build with maindeck leylines tho.

EDIT
HOLY SHIT
How did I forget Death and Taxes. Get that shit in there now. That deck wins every local tournament its played in.

troopatroop
06-29-2007, 05:18 PM
Aluren
Armageddon Stax
4-Duece

Replace Trainwreck with Truffle Shuffle

Jak
06-29-2007, 05:35 PM
What is your list for Trinity Green?

06-29-2007, 05:38 PM
I want to see the RBG Tarmogoyf in the N&D section. It looks interesting and i kinda want to see how it would fare. You also need a mono white deck like Death and Taxes or Angel Stompy.

Horror Business
06-29-2007, 05:40 PM
43 Lands
Deadguy
UBg Tog

Nihil Credo
06-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Yep, I definitely forgot Death and Taxes. That one deserves to be put to the test.

Also, as a 3-year player it pains me incredibly to say this, but I think Solidarity should be cut from the gauntlet. It's barely played at all, but most importantly it is a god-awful deck in the format: unfavoured against almost all Fish and Threshold builds, unfavoured against faster combo except for Iggy, even-to-unfavoured against Goblins thanks to SB chalice/pillar, unfavoured against fast mana aggro (Red Death and Faerie Stompy)... it only beats the slowass board control decks, and if I wanted to hate on those, I'd run super-fast combo (SI/Belcher) and actually have a shot against something else.

Whit3 Ghost
06-29-2007, 06:42 PM
AT1 (the thread is under sun tower, but it's the red/green stax with AEther Flash)
Spanish Inquisition
Shotgun Facelift
Get Stark Black out of there, no offense, but I wouldn't consider anything whose only showing was during the Flash meta.
Rsaunder Deadguy
Grim Iggy

Nydaeli
06-29-2007, 08:33 PM
Rifter (You need more stupid outdated control decks)
Sun Tower
The Truffle Shuffle (Should probably be included over Train Wreck)
9-Land Stompy

Mijorre
06-29-2007, 09:30 PM
I would love to see AT1, Thoughtless Sensei (blue list still is the most stable and remains a skill-intensive bitch to play) and Orlove.

Di
06-29-2007, 10:22 PM
It would please me to see E!GBRUATSA2K7. It'd at least be a 2nd Survival deck. PM if for an updated list.

There needs to be more EPIC whorage; I only count 2 decks.

Hummingbird TG
06-30-2007, 09:07 AM
Deadguy Ale. And, not the Smallpox one please. Preferably one with plagues MDed.

Reasons why:

-It has a positive Goblins Matchup(read=StP, Plague, Vindicate, Cursed Scroll .etc)

-Positive Combo matchup(except for Belcher)

-Potisive Thresh/Fish matchup

emidln
06-30-2007, 10:36 AM
I'd like to see AT1 instead of Sun Tower if you picked a variant. AT1 has a really incredible game against Goblins, which is a lot more important than having Uba Mask main. If you end up picking it, PM me and I'll hit you up with my latest build.

Brushwagg
06-30-2007, 12:15 PM
How about UGb NQG? Seriously that deck has been strong in my testing. Also with the new additions (Tombstalker/Goyf) and it needs some attention I think.

matelml
06-30-2007, 12:46 PM
I would like to see how Spanish Inquisition does because I heard some doubtfull claims. And who actually plays out these games?

Pale Moon FTW
06-30-2007, 03:36 PM
You have Quake on the list but no AngelStompy? AngelStompy should definately be there.
Also it's probably janky but what about !Elves.
You need more aggro.

Anusien
06-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Recruiterless Aluren
UWR Pyroclasm
Confinement Slide (using the better sideboard I posted somewhere with Glowriders)
Goblin Sligh
UBG Tog
UGR Thresh

Barook
06-30-2007, 06:17 PM
I would like to see Empty the Slogger. It really looks like a strong and fun deck.

Whit3 Ghost
06-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Goblin Sligh

Why?

And Red Thresh is already listed.

Also, that vote for Sun Tower is most likely a vote for AT1, as it is the latest listed version in that thread.

And could guest players pilot one deck if this tournament is over MWS?

PS- Blitzkreig appreciates the AT1 support, thanks.
PPS- Death and Taxes is bad.

Pinder
06-30-2007, 07:12 PM
17. Meathooks (God, I hate typing that name.)

Then call it 'Countersliver'. Really, I don't care anymore.

Bryant Cook
06-30-2007, 10:52 PM
During the last one, many people had the thought "If X were playing, Y would win." Where X is a player known for the deck or a volunteer, Y being a deck. Why not have an event like that?

advisory6000
06-30-2007, 11:35 PM
Train Wreck
Armageddon Stax

Watcher487
06-30-2007, 11:42 PM
During the last one, many people had the thought "If X were playing, Y would win." Where X is a player known for the deck or a volunteer, Y being a deck. Why not have an event like that?

Cause 4-Deuce would go 2-1 vs TES and you probably complain about it.

Anyway, Taco you promised 4-Deuce a spot since you gave TES a bye vs R/G/B aggro last time.

KillemallCFH
06-30-2007, 11:46 PM
Train Wreck
Armageddon Stax
10. Train Wreck
Angel Stax was meant to be Armageddon Stax. Sorry.

Concerning decks to add, I agree that there should be more aggro. Maybe 9LS? Empty the Slogger/Dragon Stompy or maybe Demon Stompy would also be interesting. Death and Taxes is another solid choice.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
07-01-2007, 01:46 AM
Run decks with more tournament results. Cut Meandeck Aluren for the version that's actually performed at real tournaments. I think Meandeck pays more than enough attention to their own bullshit for anyone else to have to bother.

Cut these:

5. Manaless Ichorid (Sells more Jerseys than any other deck.)
13. Stark Black
28. R.W. Quake (Sounds like the name of some detective show on the Hallmark Channel.)

Orzhov Reanimator, Truffle Shuffle, Spring Tide, 3cc Zoo of some variety should probably be up there. Actually, you should probably have a couple different builds of Zoo up there. Maybe 9-land Stompy, even though it's not very good overall.

Lots of amazing things with Tarmogoyf. That card is silly good.

xsockmonkeyx
07-01-2007, 03:02 AM
Meathooks (God, I hate typing that name.)

Exactly. :cool:

kicks_422
07-01-2007, 06:13 AM
Then call it 'Countersliver'. Really, I don't care anymore.

Nor do I.

Any variant of Sligh (mono-red, Dryad Sligh, or BDW, or Feinstein R/G) should be in there somewhere.

PhanTom_lt
07-01-2007, 06:17 AM
Truffle Shuffle, Bw Deadguy, Manaless or almost manaless ichorid. And, uh, Flash? joking about this one..

Hummingbird TG
07-01-2007, 06:28 AM
Not Flash. Just, uh...Future Sight Flash, maybe?

feuerizer
07-01-2007, 07:06 AM
I would like to see:

Bw Confidant
Pox
BGW Rock

xsockmonkeyx
07-01-2007, 07:43 AM
Wombat. There is no time limit, correct?

Cait_Sith
07-01-2007, 03:41 PM
If there is wombat there MUST be Rifter.

Jak
07-01-2007, 04:41 PM
I actually want to change my 3 votes to:

Rabid Wombat
Empty the Slogger (this deck looks hella good)
RBG Goyf deck

I think these all are competative, so I want them to go in.

Also Rifter is far worse than Wombat.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
07-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Wombat -> Mighty Quinn (http://mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?p=142408#post142408).

UrDraco
07-02-2007, 10:48 AM
brand fish

Out of all seriousness I vote for this deck as well. Of course I am a little biased as I am the decks creator. The deck isn't a Fish deck though, its just Brand.dec and I have an updated decklist. I used to care about secrecy but meh. I would be able to pilot the deck and would almost prefer to because it isn't easy to play. If anyone even sounds remotely interested I can post the decklist or something.

My other two votes would be for Affinity and Angel Stompy.

Sanguine Voyeur
07-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Damn you Tacosnape, you made me come out of lurking!

I vote for Sun Tower and some loam deck. Specifically AT1, that's the one all of the kids have been raving about. Loam is vague, but there should be some Life from the Loam powered deck in there.

zulander
07-02-2007, 11:13 AM
I'd also like to see affinity and BW confidant on the list too.

BGW Rock
What list would this be? I'm intrigued.

Tacosnape
07-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Somebody link me to the freaking RBG Tarmogoyf deck. I can't find it.

zulander
07-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Somebody link me to the freaking RBG Tarmogoyf deck. I can't find it.
Here's the one in the development boards that was mentioned earlier.

http://mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6143

Please note however the list isn't complete. Tinstreet/thornweald/call of the herd have recently been dropped. Still haven't found out what will be replacing them. Feel free to try out those slots.

Watcher487
07-02-2007, 01:48 PM
Here's the one in the development boards that was mentioned earlier.

http://mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6143

Please note however the list isn't complete. Tinstreet/thornweald/call of the herd have recently been dropped. Still haven't found out what will be replacing them. Feel free to try out those slots.

Dark Three-Deuce
1 Badlands
1 Bayou
2 Bloodstained Mire
2 Plateau
2 Savannah
1 Scrubland
2 Taiga
2 Windswept Heath
2 Wooded Foothills

3 Burning-Tree Shaman
4 Lightning Helix
3 Wax/Wane

3 Chrome Mox
2 Umezawa's Jitte

3 Cabal Therapy
4 Dark Confidant

4 Rancor
3 Skyshround Elite

4 Kird Ape
4 Lightning Bolt

4 Silver Knight
2 Stonecloaker
3 Swords to Plowshares

This is from my 1st/2nd Split from TML Open day 2

Probably the better version to play is:
4 Chrome Mox
1 Badlands
1 Bayou
2 Bloodstained Mire
2 Plateau
2 Savannah
1 Scrubland
2 Taiga
2 Windswept Heath
2 Wooded Foothills

3 Burning-Tree Shaman
4 Dark Confidant
4 Tarmogoyf
4 Blood Knight
4 Kird Ape

3 Cabal Therapy
4 Lightning Helix
3 Wax//Wane
2 Umezawa's Jitte
4 Rancor
4 Lightning Bolt
3 Swords to Plowshares

Sideboard:
3 Hide//Seek
4 Engineered Plague
4 Extirpate
4 Orim's Chant

Tacosnape
07-02-2007, 01:49 PM
Ok. Thanks.

Should have the final list of decks done today. Having to narrow it down from 34 to 32 at the moment.

Also, if any of you awesome people can make me a blank 32-team bracket that's somewhat like the last one (Or instruct me on how to do it in MS Paint, since that's all I have), I'd be much obliged.

Edit: I'm calling that Dark 3-Deuce list "4-Deuce."

Nightmare
07-02-2007, 02:15 PM
On it.

Eldariel
07-02-2007, 02:16 PM
I think, Goblin Fish would be interesting to try here. The deck happens to have quite a bit more power than normal Fish and quite a bit better combo-MU than normal Goblins. It also has mana denial tools only comparable by Sui Black-base decks (BW, RD, straight Sui Black) and Daze to capitalize on it with, so it posts quite an impressive résumé overall.

For Affinity, I think you could either take some high-finishing classic Affinity-list, or something bit more offbeat like Confidant/Needle-using Mantle Affinity or perhaps some Therapy-variant. Affinity certainly deserves a slot, but which Affinity is the big question.

Tacosnape
07-02-2007, 02:50 PM
On it.

You are the wind beneath my wings.

EDIT: I can only hope this is coincidence, but the center of the bracket looks very much like a Radley smiley face.

I think, Goblin Fish would be interesting to try here. The deck happens to have quite a bit more power than normal Fish and quite a bit better combo-MU than normal Goblins. It also has mana denial tools only comparable by Sui Black-base decks (BW, RD, straight Sui Black) and Daze to capitalize on it with, so it posts quite an impressive résumé overall.

For Affinity, I think you could either take some high-finishing classic Affinity-list, or something bit more offbeat like Confidant/Needle-using Mantle Affinity or perhaps some Therapy-variant. Affinity certainly deserves a slot, but which Affinity is the big question.

Man, I really had no idea there'd be this many deck suggestions.

I'd throw in Goblin Fish instead of one of the two Vial Goblins slots, but there'd be a revolt if I cut R/G Goblins and R/W is the defending champion. Due to that and the fact that there's already more good decks than slots, I don't think I can fit Goblin Fish in. However, unless R/W Goblins somehow wins the entire thing -again-, I'll replace it with Goblin Fish next time, as I do like the deck a lot.

Alternately, since you're the pioneer of both decks, if you'd rather include it than RW Quake, we might could arrange that. I think RW Quake looks more fun and original, though.

zulander
07-02-2007, 03:08 PM
What about stompy? Or is that the same thing as trinity green?

Uh oh, one slot left guys!

P.S did you still need a blank bracket form? If so I'll throw one your way.

xsockmonkeyx
07-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Wombat -> Mighty Quinn (http://mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?p=142408#post142408).

Ok, then Armageddon Stax -> Sad Panda.

Eldariel
07-02-2007, 03:31 PM
You are the wind beneath my wings.

EDIT: I can only hope this is coincidence, but the center of the bracket looks very much like a Radley smiley face.

Man, I really had no idea there'd be this many deck suggestions.

I'd throw in Goblin Fish instead of one of the two Vial Goblins slots, but there'd be a revolt if I cut R/G Goblins and R/W is the defending champion. Due to that and the fact that there's already more good decks than slots, I don't think I can fit Goblin Fish in. However, unless R/W Goblins somehow wins the entire thing -again-, I'll replace it with Goblin Fish next time, as I do like the deck a lot.

Alternately, since you're the pioneer of both decks, if you'd rather include it than RW Quake, we might could arrange that. I think RW Quake looks more fun and original, though.

Both look incredibly good at the present (that is, with the testing done presently), but keep Quake since it's more different and relies less on being unfair and more on winning against unfair and fair alike. There's already Fish and there're already Goblins, but Quake is one-of-a-kind deck, an aggro-deck with heavy sweeper component. That's what attracted me to the idea in the first place, and I still fail to see really bad MUs outside non-Warrens combo and perhaps some control.

Tacosnape
07-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Decks are in.

32nd Slot went to 4-Deuce. Sorry, RGB Goyf. The decks were too similar to include both.

The secret Magnivore deck was dropped for the much-clamored for Angel Stompy.

Also, Terrageddon was dropped for the RGW Loam Confinement deck that keeps top 8'ing at the Iserlohn tournaments (All by the same guy,) which fills the call for a Loam Control deck in the top 4.

If your pet deck is on here and you feel like you're the top or one of the top pioneers of it, and want to influence list picking, post or PM me now. Picking 32 Decklists is a bitch, is going to take a few days, and once they're picked, I'm not changing them.

Sanguine Voyeur
07-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Tacosnape; I've emailed you a bracket, at the time I didn't check to see if any one else was going to do it. Apparently two other people volunteered while I wasn't looking.

Barook
07-03-2007, 09:02 AM
Btw, what kind of list are you using for Manaless Ichorid? This list (http://www.trader-online.de/turniere/Decks/2007-07-T15.html) has won a 74-man tournament in Germany last weekend and it looks really strong.

Machinus
07-03-2007, 02:15 PM
Ok, then Armageddon Stax -> Sad Panda.

I don't know wtf that is, but don't mess with the list.

Mijorre
07-03-2007, 02:30 PM
I am curious as to how this one will play out.
I loved the last one anyway.
Go go play!

sammiel
07-03-2007, 03:00 PM
RGB Goyf needs a bit of refinement before I would include it in this list, since there are alot of lists in that thread and no real agreement, nor any results to back up any of the lists.

Pale Moon FTW
07-03-2007, 03:25 PM
I didn't get to follow the last one, can someone fill me in on how things went back then? What was the T8?

Pinder
07-03-2007, 03:31 PM
I don't know wtf that is, but don't mess with the list.

Sad Panda is basically the same exact deck, that Cait Sith was working on for months prior to the posting of the Armageddon Stax list. It's essentially the same thing (some would argue that it's farther along than Armageddon Stax, though).

@Tacosnape: Can you show me the list that you're using for CounterSliver? I just want to make sure it's the most recent list.

edit: Oh, and can I personally request that Slivers not get paired against Landstill first round again? that was disheartening :P.

Deep6er
07-03-2007, 03:34 PM
PM me what your sideboard is for Solidarity. Also, the maindeck too. Please. Thank you.

Sanguine Voyeur
07-03-2007, 03:34 PM
I didn't get to follow the last one, can someone fill me in on how things went back then? What was the T8?

Here (http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5456) is the last thread if you want to see the results.

Tacosnape
07-03-2007, 03:55 PM

1. RW Goblins
2. Gamekeeper Salvagers
3-4. UGW Threshold
3-4. Solidarity
5-8. 4C Landstill (Trudeau's version)
5-8. Orlove Reanimator
5-8. RGBSA
5-8. Terrageddon

PM me what your sideboard is for Solidarity. Also, the maindeck too. Please. Thank you.

Haven't gotten to it yet. Feel free to PM me and tell me what to run.

EDIT: Probably staying Mono Blue, though. Unless you tell me otherwise, the maindeck list will be the 2/2 Opt/Peek split, 2 Flash of Insight, 1 Twincast, 2 Freeze, standard stuff.

@Tacosnape: Can you show me the list that you're using for CounterSliver? I just want to make sure it's the most recent list.

Oh, and can I personally request that Slivers not get paired against Landstill first round again? that was disheartening :P.

(Snicker) I found it kind of amusing, myself. Unfortunately (Or possibly fortunately), all the pairings are random. But look at it this way. There's only two Landstill decks in the 32 (Mine, and Nightmare's.) So your chances are only 2 in 31 of facing one right off the bat.

As much as I want to pair things off right now, we're doing decklists first so we're not subconsciously tempted to select lists based on match pairings.

Deep6er
07-03-2007, 04:03 PM
OK, I'll get you the list you should play later today. However, I did want to question the games. Do you know what your opponent is playing? Is it just like a tournament game beyond that (mulligans and whatnot)?

SpatulaOfTheAges
07-03-2007, 04:09 PM
What Enchantress list are you using?

Pinder
07-03-2007, 04:22 PM

Will do.

(Snicker) I found it kind of amusing, myself.

To be perfectly honest, so did I. It was a tad ironic. Either way, I know the pairings are random, I was just kidding :tongue:.

Tacosnape
07-03-2007, 05:06 PM
OK, I'll get you the list you should play later today. However, I did want to question the games. Do you know what your opponent is playing? Is it just like a tournament game beyond that (mulligans and whatnot)?

This might be unpopular, but we decided (And this is different from last tournament) to just toss out the rule of playtesting and admit we know what we're playing against the whole time. Because in reality, we -do- know what we're playing against, and this subtly influences our decisions. For example, if I get an iffy hand while piloting Threshold against CRET Belcher, I might subtly make my decisions based on whether or not I have an answer to Belcher or Warrens. Likewise versus Goblins, on if I have an answer to Lackey.

I realize this gives a slight disadvantage to some decks that have the element of surprise, but think of it like the Grand Prix T8, where everyone gets to view their opponent's decklists.

Beyond that, it's exactly like a tournament match. Best 2 out of 3 with Sideboard after Game 1, Mulligans as regular, and if you get screwed, you get screwed. The only difference between this and a regular tournament is that nobody cheats and we don't tend to administer game losses:cool:

What Enchantress list are you using?

Still working on it at the moment.

Tacosnape
07-04-2007, 01:37 AM
There might be a slight to moderate delay on getting this started (a couple days) due to my computer suddenly developing an outbreak of Not Working. Will update.

Maximus04
07-04-2007, 02:45 AM
Where's MUC on the gauntlet?

Deep6er
07-04-2007, 02:53 AM
Where's MUC on the gauntlet?

Exactly where it belongs. Not on there.

Tacosnape
07-04-2007, 11:34 PM
Progress with decklists: Little over halfway, now that we've kindly explained to Mr. Pinder that he can't run eight Force of Wills in Slivers.:cool:

Should be completed, posted, and bracketed some time tomorrow if all goes well.

C.P.
07-05-2007, 01:00 AM
Progress with decklists: Little over halfway, now that we've kindly explained to Mr. Pinder that he can't run eight Force of Wills in Slivers.:cool:

Should be completed, posted, and bracketed some time tomorrow if all goes well.

Would you mind posting the decklists as well as pairings?

Tacosnape
07-05-2007, 01:07 AM
Would you mind posting the decklists as well as pairings?

Decklists will be posted, worry not.

...Um, anyone got some space I could set the text file on when complete? 32 Decklists is going to be astronomically enormous to fit on the main post.

Yamaelle
07-05-2007, 02:53 AM
43 Lands?
You scoop to Combo, which is annoying, but otherwise you roll over Goblins and Threshold, so it can sometimes be a good decision to pick it. Especially when there are no Solidarity (read Europe).

Sanguine Voyeur
07-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Decklists will be posted, worry not.

...Um, anyone got some space I could set the text file on when complete? 32 Decklists is going to be astronomically enormous to fit on the main post.

Do you mean like hard drive space? I have plenty of space and could use the decklists.

Tacosnape
07-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Do you mean like hard drive space? I have plenty of space and could use the decklists.

No, I mean, like, space on the internet where I can set the file and link it for viewing / download.

Sanguine Voyeur
07-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Do you mean like this (http://www.essentialmagic.com/)? If not then I don't know what you mean.

Pinder
07-05-2007, 02:11 PM
I think he means something more like PutFile or Ripway, just a file hosting service so he doesn't have to post the entirety of 32 decklists + sideboard in the opening post.

Sanguine Voyeur
07-05-2007, 02:40 PM
I think he means something more like PutFile or Ripway, just a file hosting service so he doesn't have to post the entirety of 32 decklists + sideboard in the opening post.

Well if that's the case then I suggest PutFile of Ripway.

Atwa
07-05-2007, 03:33 PM
I have some room left on the webspace for our teamboards. PM me.

Nightmare
07-05-2007, 03:37 PM
You could always use googledocs, too.

Nihil Credo
07-06-2007, 06:17 AM
There is a site somewhere where you can put text online and link it to make it public, kinda like a YouTube for text. It's supposed to be for code, but you can actually write anything. I can't remember the name of the site, though.

Pinder
07-06-2007, 05:33 PM
On that same note, you can always start a wiki.

RC Snakle
07-06-2007, 10:44 PM
There is a site somewhere where you can put text online and link it to make it public, kinda like a YouTube for text. It's supposed to be for code, but you can actually write anything. I can't remember the name of the site, though.

You´re probably thinking of PasteBin (http://www.pastebin.com).

Gambit
07-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Any word? I'm looking forward to watching this unfold!

Tacosnape
07-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Sorry. We're closing in on Decklists still. Moving as fast as possible. Computer problems / Being Sick / Working a lot has gotten me thrown off.

Atwa
07-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Take your time. I feel lot of people are more interested in the 'the source tournament' at the moment.

Running two of the biggest events on this site in a while at the same time might be a little too much.

I know you've (and will) spend a lot of time on this and I feel you should deserve full credit for it. If you start it now this topic might be flooded under all the people trying to find their next opponent.

If you still want some webspace to post the decklists, let me know. I'll make a public website for it on our team's webspace. Can be dome in 20 minutes. PM or mail me if you're interested. If you mail the list in textformat to niels.blokland@gmail.com, I'll have the site up and running withing 24 hours.

Tacosnape
07-14-2007, 06:17 PM
Sounds good. I am taking my time due to the Source Tournament, as it's a bigger event and will probably overshadow this. However, I'll take you up on your offer as soon as I get the last few decklists done.

Xero
09-07-2007, 11:09 AM
What's up with this, Taco? I'm fairly sure the Source Tournament is over :eek:

Pinder
09-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Do you need any help with this? I'd seriously like to see this thing get going again.

thefreakaccident
09-10-2007, 09:06 PM
URW Landstill, it is truely a contender... not my build but Belgareth's.... here is the link.

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=1500&highlight=landstill

Tacosnape
09-11-2007, 03:03 PM
I'll get on this within a week or so, I promise. I got distracted by a lot of real-life things (Wtf @ reality. It needs to go away so I can indulge in Magic.) and then by the time The Source tournament ended, the metagame had changed, so I'll re-update deck selections and whatnot.

Atwa
09-11-2007, 03:28 PM
@ Tacoscape:

My offer still stands. If you need a place to post the decklists, I can create a little miniwebsite to place them on. I won't be able to do it within a day anymore, since the busiest season at work has started again (been working over 100 hours in the last 7 days, with more comming), but I should be able to place it within a couple of days. I know how to get free internet in most hotels I visit, so I could work a little on it each workingday.

If you can also make a .zip or .rar file with all the deckfiles in it, I can also offer them up for download there, so the titel of the deck links to the file.

Let me know if you are still interested. I don't mind helping you out a little.

Gambit
05-01-2008, 03:15 PM
Sorry for the necro; but I'd really like to see this happen. Maybe this thread should be closed and a new one started, the decks would probably be different now.