PDA

View Full Version : Dredge and "Draw X"

Aggro_zombies
06-29-2007, 06:20 PM
Okay, let's say I have a Darkblast in my graveyard, and I play Brainstorm. I decide to replace one of the Brainstorm draws with dredging my Darkblast. How do things work out here? If I choose to replace, say, the third draw, do I draw two, dredge 3, then put two back on my library? Or do I draw two, replace two, then dredge three? Just wondering.

Bane of the Living
06-29-2007, 07:51 PM
You choose which 'draw' your replacing with each dredge trigger. So yes you can draw one or two then dredge the third. You dont put 2 back on top till your done draw/dredging all three.

Cait_Sith
06-30-2007, 07:31 AM
You choose which 'draw' your replacing with each dredge trigger. So yes you can draw one or two then dredge the third. You dont put 2 back on top till your done draw/dredging all three.

Small note: Dredge is a replacement effect, not a trigger. You may choose replace any draw off Brainstorm.

Ex: You can do: Dredge, draw, draw, replace; draw, dredge, draw, replace; draw, draw, dredge, replace.

Bane of the Living
06-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Small note: Dredge is a replacement effect, not a trigger. You may choose replace any draw off Brainstorm.

Ex: You can do: Dredge, draw, draw, replace; draw, dredge, draw, replace; draw, draw, dredge, replace.

Dredge is a triggered ability. It says "If you would draw a card". Its a replacement effect but a trigger nonetheless.

Tinefol
06-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Dredge is a triggered ability. It says "If you would draw a card". Its a replacement effect but a trigger nonetheless.

Absolutely not true. There's no trigger, you might check the Comp. rules:

Dredge is a static ability that functions only while the card with dredge is in a player's graveyard. "Dredge N" means "As long as you have at least N cards in your library, if you would draw a card, you may instead put N cards from the top of your library into your graveyard and return this card from your graveyard to your hand."

Bovinious
06-30-2007, 11:41 AM
Triggered abilities begin with "When" "Whenever" or "At" so Dredge is not a triggered ability you cant stifle it etc, its a replacement effect.