PDA

View Full Version : Deed and Disenchant

The Rack
07-03-2007, 06:57 PM
ALright so my question is this:
SO there are 2 legal disenchant taregets on the board, they are Umezawa's Jitte and Pernicious Deed. If my opponent plays disenchant I can in response sacrifice deed for 0 and force him to target his Jitte, correct?

This happened to me in a tournament lately (I was playing the deed) and he said I was wreong but I am asking for your guys help. Thanks!

Sanguine Voyeur
07-03-2007, 07:00 PM
No, the Disenchant wouldn't have any legal targets and would "fizzle," it wouldn't be redirected to the only other target.

The Rack
07-03-2007, 07:52 PM
It would have one legal target which would be Umezawa's Jitte. SO wouldn't diesenchant have to target jitte?

Sanguine Voyeur
07-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Not if it was already on the stack. Once it's on the stack, its targets are set. Just because there are other legal targets and it has no target, doesn't mean that it is shunted to whatever's available.

The Rack
07-03-2007, 08:14 PM
Alright that makes sense, but what if it wasn't disenchant but rather a Harmonic Sliver. If I popped deed in response to the casting of Harmonic Sliver and there was also a Jitte in play THEN it would hit jitte right?

Angelfire
07-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Alright that makes sense, but what if it wasn't disenchant but rather a Harmonic Sliver. If I popped deed in response to the casting of Harmonic Sliver and there was also a Jitte in play THEN it would hit jitte right?

Yes, if the Jitte was the only target in play he would have to destroy it. Much like if you opponent casts Flametongue Kavu and your only creature is like Ravenous Baloth or Mogg Fanatic, the right play is to sac it w/ the FTK on the stack. Then FTK comes into play and the only legal targets are their own creatures.

Sanguine Voyeur
07-03-2007, 08:21 PM
In response to the Sliver itself the Jitte must be targeted.
In response to the triggered ability it would fizzle as in the previous cases.

The Rack
07-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate the help on this matter.