PDA

View Full Version : I was wondering....

ReAnimated
07-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Is there any card that says "Cards in your graveyard cant be the target of spells or abilities".

Please and Thank You :smile:

Finn
07-05-2007, 09:34 PM
Yes, well. Cards in all graveyards.
Ground Seal

Sanguine Voyeur
07-05-2007, 09:36 PM
For future reference, you can use this (http://magiccards.info/search.html) to browse and search for cards.

ReAnimated
07-05-2007, 09:36 PM
Alright thx fits perfectly into the side for Welder Survival :smile:

Sanguine Voyeur
07-05-2007, 09:38 PM
That actually doesn't work, Goblin Welder targets cards in graveyards.

ReAnimated
07-05-2007, 09:43 PM
*Doh* Anyone have a way to protect your yard and have Welder active?

Sanguine Voyeur
07-05-2007, 09:55 PM
From what, Extirpate? Withered Wretch? The only thing I can think of is Chalice of the Void and Pithing Needle respectively.

ReAnimated
07-05-2007, 10:01 PM
Yeah stuff like that also Crypt , LOTV , Jotun Grunt....you know the drill

Needle and Chalice? Idk don't you think they get online too slow to combat some of the faster Graveyard hate I.E Crypt,Grunt,LOTV ?

Sanguine Voyeur
07-05-2007, 10:12 PM
Crypt can be solved by either Needle or Chalice, Leyline can be met with a Harmonic Silver, and Grunt can be fed to a Flametounge Kavu.

Then again, I don't play Welder Survival, Finn would probably know the best anwsers to your questions.

Finn
07-06-2007, 09:42 AM
Pithing Needle works rather well, but you don't need to protect your gy in the traditional sense. I don't want to clog up this forum with the topic, so just look at this:
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=42561

The discussion between parcher and myself should settle a lot of questions. The short answer, however, is that you pack Seals of Fire (and STP) for Withered Wretch as well as Tin Street Hooligan and company for Crypts, Phyrexian Furnaces, and Pithing Needles.

If the opponent is going after your gy, only a dedicated recurring hate method will stop you.

But, yeah, Ground Seal is something to use against you, not to help you.

Pale Moon FTW
07-06-2007, 10:23 AM
Actually Ground Seal or anything else with the wording you asked for doesn't do anything as all of the standard graveyard hate cards don't targets any cards.

dahcmai
07-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Krosan Grip is a nice anti-crypt card, though some players will be smart enough to know to hold it in hand until they need it, therefore taking away your oppurtunity to nail it if it had otherwise sat out there waiting for a good time. Extirpate is best taken out by Chalice unless you have a deck that can run Ground seal.