PDA

View Full Version : Quadruple block?

The Rack
07-06-2007, 01:44 AM
So I was playing on MWS and was playing someone who quadruple blocked my one critter. I casually replied, "Uh you can only block with two unless banding is involved" He replies, "It's pretty standard to block with four"

:confused:

So, to my knowledge you can only double block but my question is.

Can you block with more than two?

scrumdogg
07-06-2007, 02:25 AM
You're kidding, right? Unless your creature has some restriction (say Warpride of Nacaatl where they can only be blocked by one creature or your guy has protection from your opponent's colors) there is no limit on how many guys can pile in front of any of your attackers. You do, however, get to assign damage as you choose (unless there is banding....in which case you should already have significant deck superiority...).

cdr
07-06-2007, 10:33 AM
309.2a The defending player chooses zero or more creatures he or she controls, chooses one attacking creature for each one to block, then determines whether this set of blocks is legal.

Not the easiest thing to parse, but note "one attacking creature for each one to block". There's nothing saying you can't block the same attacking creature with different blocking creatures.

The Rack
07-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Thanks Akki.