PDA

View Full Version : The Danger of Cool Things

AngryTroll
07-21-2007, 07:20 PM
So, this could be community...but it's random and not really important.
If you want to skip to the cool play, just look down to the hand below.

If it looks like it will be a small tournament at Batcave, I try to do something spiteful or creative for two of the best players there. Volt, a die-hard (and living free) Meathooks Mage, is an easy target. I have seriously run Plague Sliver mainboard in RGBSA, and sided it into UGWb Thresh, running some Underground Seas mainboard just for the Sliver of Doom.

Anyway, last night, another solid player was joining us, playing his Sliver build (Similar to Meathooks, but slower, and not using the Cantrip base). I've been running RGBSA, and last night I threw in 3 Reanimates in place of the Duress/Mesmeric Fiends, as we had low turnout, and no one was playing serious combo.

Opening hand, RGBSA, game two, after beating Slivers game one:
Fetchland
Swamp
Taiga
Bird
Cabal Therapy
Survival of the Fittest
SLIVER QUEEN

Yup....my opponent went turn two Crystalline, pass....I Therapied for Force, flashed it back at myself, and went to town.

Almost lost in the end (stupid Sliver math....wait, why did they all die? I guess she goes farming...but wiped the board and left behind some slivers on my side), but still, I went turn two Therapy-protected Sliver Queen, with my opponent's Crystalline for protection, against Meathooks. That is all.

Can anyone top that awesome bad beat?

Pinder
07-21-2007, 07:54 PM
I went turn two Therapy-protected Sliver Queen, with my opponent's Crystalline for protection, against Meathooks. That is all.

:eek:

Just....:eek:.

You, sir, are a master.

With the inclusion of Vial in my list for MH, I've often contemplated having the one Sliver Queen I own in my sideboard (over a Mage or something) in our little weekly 20-30 man tourney up here. Sometimes I just want to see the look on my opponent's face as I ramp a Vial up to five in G2, and then EOT -BAM!- 9/10 plus a few 3/4's (all untargetable, of course). And it would pretty much rock the sliver mirror hardcore.

Tacosnape
07-22-2007, 01:23 PM
I, uh, boarded in 4 Sliver Queens into Reanimator against Meathooks that was....um...splashing red. Yeah. Red. For Homing Sliver. And I won by Slivercycling all my Sliver Queens for other Sliver Queens and then playing Ray of Command on the Homing Sliver, and Victimize. And I had a Mirror Gallery out.

No, really. In fact, I do this all the time.:cool:

Caboose
07-22-2007, 02:02 PM
I went turn two Therapy-protected Sliver Queen, with my opponent's Crystalline for protection, against Meathooks. That is all.

This thread is full of fail.