PDA

View Full Version : Blood moon and Mouth of Ronom.

C.P.
07-23-2007, 11:33 PM
I have Blood Moon effect in play and Tap Mouth of Ronom. Does it count as snow mana? How about Cloudpost? Are they still locusts?(not that it matters since only locusts in the game lose their abilities)

ninjabear
07-24-2007, 04:01 AM
My guess is that Blood Moon changes the type of the land, but not the supertype.
According to Blood Moon FAQ:

12/1/2004 Non-basic lands that are turned into Mountains with Blood Moon are still non-basic. Blood Moon does nothing to change the land's Supertype.

According to the text on Clodpost, it's a Land card. The text is Card Type: Land - Locus, so no special supertype (so, it's indirectly non-basic), and type Locus. So it will become a Mountain and nothing else, losing it's "Locus" type.
About Mouth of Ronom, the text is Card Type: Snow Land, so that's a Supertype. So Blood Moon should not be able to change that. So you will have a Snow Land - Mountain with Blood Moon in play.

Cait_Sith
07-24-2007, 08:14 AM
Indirectly non-basic? It is CLEARLY non-basic for lack of the word "basic."

The rest is correct.

ninjabear
07-24-2007, 09:18 AM
Indirectly non-basic? It is CLEARLY non-basic for lack of the word "basic."

The rest is correct.

I was just trying to express that "non-basic" is not a supertype per se, but just the absence of the supertype "Basic". It's like, Cloudpost does not have the supertype "Non-snow", but it's non-snow as it's not Snow... (woah, that sounds strange). Sorry if the wording was not correct. (non-native english)