PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Flash

AngryTroll
07-31-2007, 07:20 PM
One of today's articles on StarCityGames is about Flash and GAT in Vintage. Josh Silvestri calls Flash "...one of the most broken combo decks to exist in any format in the history of the game." Sounds right.

My question is....Why are they running that win condition? The deck he refers to, that won Waterbury, was running Flash/Hulk for Heart Sliver and four Poison Slivers.

Now I understand that Vintage tends to be a creature light format, where no opponent is going to be able to block 3 creatures on turn one or two (or three or four, for that matter)....but why Poison Slivers over Disciple or Kiki-Jiki?

How many slots did Kiki-Jiki take up in those Flash lists? I guess both Kiki-Jiki and Poison Slivers need an attack step, and in a format where blockers aren't played, the Poison Slivers are just as effective as infinite flying bears. And the Disciple kill takes at least 9 or 10 slots...

Is it that simple, or am I missing something?

Nightmare
07-31-2007, 07:31 PM
This is not a Vintage forum. Go read all of those questions' answers on theManaDrain. Or, I'll answer. 1) Less slots. 2) Doesn't lose to Pithing Needle. 3) Doesn't lose to Tormod's Crypt. 4) Wins on either turn, and is adaptable (see, Winged Sliver) 5) Poison counters are cool.