PDA

View Full Version : Magus of the Moon and Flagstones

Zork
08-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Setup: I have a Magus of the Moon out and my opponent has a flagstones of trokair. He attempts to play another one.

Question: What happens? Are they legendary, and go to the graveyard? If so, does the ability to search trigger? Or are they both in play as mountains?

Thanks in advance.

Fred Bear
08-03-2007, 04:35 PM
They remain legendary, as Blood Moon does nothing to the supertype, so they will both leave play. Unfortunately (for him), they leave play as Mountains, so they will not trigger.

Fred Bear...

Zork
08-03-2007, 07:21 PM
Thanks. That would have won me that stax match too.

cdr
08-03-2007, 11:46 PM
All Legendary lands become Legendary Mountains. This means that any pair of them will destroy each other - Urborg and Flagstones, for instance.

Taurelin
08-04-2007, 06:10 AM
All Legendary lands become Legendary Mountains. This means that any pair of them will destroy each other - Urborg and Flagstones, for instance.

Actually, that's not true. Magus (just like Blood Moon) just changes the land subtype, not the name ofthe card. The legendary rule only applies to permanents with the same name.

Also see this explanation:

Q: If I put Blood Moon into play, and there are multiple Legendary lands of different types in play, what happens?

A: Blood Moon does not change the names of non-basic lands in play. It gives the these lands the sub-type of Mountain. This means that they will lose their other abilities and gain the ability to generate red mana. However, they will keep their legendary status and their normal names. So any Legendary lands in play will remain in play.

http://www.starcitygames.com/pages/judgefinder.php?keywords=Blood+Moon