PDA

View Full Version : Vote Smmenen For The Magic Invitational

Smmenen
08-09-2007, 08:04 PM
I interrupt your regularly scheduled broadcast to announce that WIZARDS has nominated an Eternal Player for the Magic Invitational, 2007!!!

This is the first time they've ever done that. The general approach to the Invitational is to nominate Pros. They know that Vintage and Legacy are popular formats and they nominated me to represent this community.

During GP Columbus, they wrote in their little blurb that I was one of the "eternal" players - and they asked: how will Stephen do agianst pros!? I placed 21st.

This is a huge opportunity for us to send a message to Wizards:

A) That Vintage and Legacy are and continue to be relevant.

B) That just because we play Vintage and Legacy doesn't mean we can't compete at the highest levels. I will test and prepare for the Invitational. I bash face.

C) I also promise to make an AWESOME Vintage/Legacy card, if I were to win.

Moreover, WE CAN WIN THIS BALLOT.

Wizards made a huge mistake.

They nominated TEN different people. That means that it won't take that many votes to win this. The Pros will split their votes, the Evan Erwin fans will split their votes, Kyle Sanches will split his own votes. All we need is the Legacy and Vintage votes and we can win this.

All you have to do is go here:

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=903223

Exercise your power!

Register and vote!

Stephen Menendian

calosso
08-09-2007, 08:14 PM
Hope you know Kyle and Ced phillhps, and 2 others I forget are all sending votes to Fabiano.

Good luck though with the ballot.

Peter_Rotten
08-09-2007, 08:23 PM
What? No Jack Eglin?

Smmenen
08-09-2007, 08:28 PM
Hope you know Kyle and Ced phillhps, and 2 others I forget are all sending votes to Fabiano.

Good luck though with the ballot.

We can definitely WIN THIS.

They nominated 10 people! I'm willing to bet that if we can get just 25% of the vote, we've got it!

VOTE!

Stephen

Bovinious
08-09-2007, 08:33 PM
How do I register on the boards?

Smmenen
08-09-2007, 08:35 PM

Right now the boards are acting funny.

I think we crashed the boards :p

When they come back up, you can register here:
http://forums.gleemax.com/register.php

:)

Barook
08-09-2007, 08:36 PM

Via a normal registration? :confused: And it's the old Wizards forum, just with a new URL.

But man, when is that friggin board not down?

troopatroop
08-09-2007, 08:48 PM
I'll vote for you if you admit that Trix is bad.

Bovinious
08-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Yea i figured it out, it just happened to not be working right when I tryed before.

Pinder
08-09-2007, 09:15 PM
I'll vote for Smmenny if he agrees to make a card that's actualy relevant to Legacy.

Speaking of which, if you do win, do you have an idea of the card you'd submit?

calosso
08-09-2007, 09:22 PM
I'll vote for Smmenny if he agrees to make a card that's actualy relevant to Legacy.

Speaking of which, if you do win, do you have an idea of the card you'd submit?

Don't be dumb you cannot make a card just for legacy. Cards that are strong will
affect all formats, for example Dark confidant and Meddling mage.
A card that isn't an invitational card but helps my argument is Tarmogoyf.

Vote for G-Fab

Nightmare
08-09-2007, 10:14 PM
You've got my vote.

Getsickanddie
08-09-2007, 10:15 PM
I'll vote for you if you admit that Trix is bad.

LMAO!!! But yeah, I still won't vote for you.

Nantuko88
08-09-2007, 10:30 PM
You've got my vote, hands down. Menendian '07.

Now, we need to work on getting Mark Justice into the Hall of Fame...

Then we can take over the world.

Smmenen
08-09-2007, 11:17 PM
You've got my vote, hands down. Menendian '07.

Now, we need to work on getting Mark Justice into the Hall of Fame...

Then we can take over the world.

Thanks Guys!

If I win, I hope I represent the Eternal Community well! I'll cream those pros.

Stephen

Parcher
08-09-2007, 11:50 PM
This poses an interesting conflict.

I agree that it is great that Mendenian is nominated, as it shows at least a nominal interest by Wizards. I have no argument that he is a good choice, as a highly regarded, and visable member of the Vintage community. And I agree that if the Eternal community could somehow put away some of their prejudices that he could easily get enough votes to make it.

My concern would be that this would tacitly promote him as representative of the Eternal community, as those outside of it would be less likely to vote for him specifically even if they know his work. We are already regarded by the Pros as enthusiastic dilletanttes at best; So what does it say if he is fully supported into the Invatiational, and punts the whole thing?

Xenocide
08-09-2007, 11:52 PM
Is it just me, or does that link take you to a poll for "Who is the Magic Storyteller?"

Pinder
08-09-2007, 11:54 PM
So what does it say if he is fully supported into the Invatiational, and punts the whole thing?

Let's hope he doesn't, then.

No pressure, Smenny.

Smmenen
08-10-2007, 12:14 AM
Let's hope he doesn't, then.

No pressure, Smenny.

Believe me I won't punt it. If I'm nominated, I will put in place a rigorous testing procedure, beginning with formats I believe will be on the Invitational and extending to formats that they have used in the past (such as duplicate sealed, etc).

I'm not going to play in the Invitational if I'm not aiming to win the whole thing. That's just a waste of time and effort.

I'll make up a duplicate sealed card pool to become familiar with the dynamics of such a format if I have to.

Even if I do not end up winning the tournament, I will make this community proud by putting up a very strong showing.

Btw, I'm betting Legacy WILL be a format for the Invitational ;)

Stephen

Zilla
08-10-2007, 12:16 AM
Well, I'd vote for you Stephen, but their goddamned page won't load after I log in. I'll try again later, I suppose.

Tacosnape
08-10-2007, 01:15 AM
Unnecessary comments deleted.

-braves54321

Bardo
08-10-2007, 01:20 AM
I can't in good conscience vote for anyone not named John Fuckin' Rizzo in this category.

Good luck, Stephen.

Edit - Not to mention Cunningham may be the single greatest writer who has ever written about this game.

Yeah. (http://www.starcitygames.com/php/news/article/10521.html)

Pinder
08-10-2007, 01:24 AM
I can't in good conscience vote for anyone not named John Fuckin' Rizzo in this category.

Good luck, Stephen.

And I must admit, if Rizzo won an invitational, it would be tons of fun to drop a Rizzo on the table, or bolt a Rizzo, or send a Rizzo plowing, etc, etc. The last name is just more fun.

But I'll likely still vote for Stephen, just because I have no idea who Rizzo is.

Bardo
08-10-2007, 01:34 AM
And I must admit, if Rizzo won an invitational, it would be tons of fun to drop a Rizzo on the table, or bolt a Rizzo, or send a Rizzo plowing, etc, etc. The last name is just more fun.

But I'll likely still vote for Stephen, just because I have no idea who Rizzo is.

:(

There's no way I could do JFR justice in a single post, but here's a classic in the annals of MTG literature:

http://www.starcitygames.com/php/news/article/2653.html*

Re: the Invitational, I'm embarrased how much I LLOL'd (literally laughed out loud) at Sanchez' MS Paint thing. That was borderline brilliant.

* On the other end of the spectrum:

http://www.starcitygames.com/php/news/article/10588.html

@ Anti-American. He's a writer first and foremost. The Ichorid thing was an anomoly in his otherwise spotty career.

Citrus-God
08-10-2007, 01:38 AM

He invented Ichorid. I had fun playing that deck in Ext.

frogboy
08-10-2007, 01:56 AM
I don't really see how A) and B) are at all relevant to the voting criteria, but whatever. Fabiano, Rizzo, and Cunningham are all >>> *

Citrus-God
08-10-2007, 02:35 AM
@ Anti-American. He's a writer first and foremost. The Ichorid thing was an anomoly in his otherwise spotty career.

True, he did contribute lot's of decent pieces of writing which changed/affected the Magic community. I admit, his articles are much more fun to read than Flores' articles.

AngryTroll
08-10-2007, 03:13 AM
You've got my vote...eventually...when the board stops being down.

frogboy
08-10-2007, 03:26 AM

Go read his SCG archives.

http://www.starcitygames.com/php/news/article/2574.html

Pretty awesome tournament report.

http://www.starcitygames.com/php/news/article/851.html

Awesome. Anyone who has not read this needs to.

http://www.starcitygames.com/php/news/article/696.html

This is probably the best article ever written concerning Magic and life.

Ridiculous Hat
08-10-2007, 03:30 AM
Sorry, Stephen, but you are not the most qualified candidate. I'm aware that this vote will probably turn into a popularity contest, but in terms of actual storytelling, nobody beats Cunningham.

Bardo
08-10-2007, 03:33 AM
Another toss (http://www.starcitygames.com/php/news/article/2005.html) in the JFR circle-jerk.

Sorry, Stephen, but you are not the most qualified candidate. I'm aware that this vote will probably turn into a popularity contest, but in terms of actual storytelling, nobody beats Cunningham.

Sure, but influence peddling has always been an acceptable--and arguably, even necessary--element of the political process. I do not begrudge Stephen in his campaign, but really agree with Froggy and Ben here, re: ffeJ and Rizzo.

frogboy
08-10-2007, 03:40 AM

This is obviously true but I don't think he's written since his last Invitational report. He is far and away the best writer, though.

Bardo: Yeah I forgot about that one.

All: The article Bardo linked is also amazing.

Caboose
08-10-2007, 04:13 AM
Cedric Phillips? Isn't he the slightly overweight African-American kid who usually top 8's Type 2 events in the Ohio Valley area? Fuck that. Nobody vote for that guy. It's nothing against him. I just hate a lot of his friends. Plus, Type 2 is bullshit.

Anyways, we have Steve Menendian on the ballot, who I've personally known for almost eight years. He has always been extremely nice to me, even after I talked bad about the tournaments he hosts, and even after I knocked him out of top 8 contention at a GP trial. He is a great guy, and always makes me laugh.

But then...we have Craig Fucking Jones. If it wasn't for Craig Jones, there would be no "OH MY GOD, IT'S LIGHTNING HELIX!! OH MY GOD!!" He signed some Helixes for me at the GP, and it would be fun playing with his pro player card. Because if you know what Craig Jones looks like, you would know that it would be fucking embarassing to get killed by Craig Jones holding a Jitte.

Tough decisions. Also, nobody vote for Flores or I will bust a nut.

Machinus
08-10-2007, 04:29 AM
WTF? You guys should all be voting for the player with the best card and a good chance to win the tournament. Nothing else is going to affect the format.

DrJones
08-10-2007, 06:05 AM
I'll vote for you if (and only if) you submit a white card.

Something along the lines of "Other players cannot sacrifice permanents. (Costs requiring a sacrifice cannot be paid)" would be okay for me, but is not a requeriment.

EDIT: If you are chosen and agree to submit that same card, I'll lend you my Secret Tech that will win you the legacy event for sure (if there's a legacy event there).

SpatulaOfTheAges
08-10-2007, 08:05 AM
I don't find any basis for your assumption that "a vote for Smmenen is a vote for Legacy".

A vote for Legacy still living in the shadows of Vintage perhaps. I've found you condescending at the best of times and beligerant at the worst.

Since Flores isn't planning on attending, I'm voting for the guy from the Magic Show.

asi
08-10-2007, 08:05 AM
I voted for Menendian (though Rizzo makes me laugh) 'cause he represents the Freak Formats. I never played Standard or Extended or Block, and though I love Limited, I don't play it often enough to know the Pros or care about what they say. So, as a player who played Vintaga (a bit...), Legacy, Highlander and who enjoys 3-cards-Magic, I had to go with Menendian as the best representant of my weird interests.

edit: Don't vote for Cedric Phillips. He makes fun of Harald Schmidt for no reason.

porcupinetreeman
08-10-2007, 09:07 AM
You got my vote.

Nihil Credo
08-10-2007, 09:33 AM
WTF? You guys should all be voting for the player with the best card and a good chance to win the tournament. Nothing else is going to affect the format.

Did any of the candidates reveal their cards already?

On a different note, don't vote for Gerard Fabiano. These two posts (http://www.starcitygames.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=799911#799911) are the reason why.

Caboose
08-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Did any of the candidates reveal their cards already?

On a different note, don't vote for Gerard Fabiano. These two posts (http://www.starcitygames.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=799911#799911) are the reason why.

My vote is now for Gerard Fabiano. What he did to Tom Lapille was awesome. I've done the same thing at a tournament. For example, this conversation happened last weekend at a Legacy tournament I went to:

Me: Uhh, before damage I Lightning Bolt you to make my Mongeese 3/3's.
Him: You can't do that. Once I pass priority back to you, damage resolves. You would have had to Bolt me before blockers. I only take two damage, not six.
Me: Hmm, okay, call a judge. I'll just say I Bolted you before blockers. You have no proof.
Him: Okay :frown:

Epic times!

Barook
08-10-2007, 11:22 AM

Exactly.

I really don't care who wins as long as the winner's card rocks.

While I love Rizzo's articles, I'm pretty sure he would pull of one of those crazy "fun cards" which totally suck.

I voted for Stephen, but in return I demand a card which is really awesome for the eternal formats. If the card is discussed with the community before the event, it's even better.

Finn
08-10-2007, 12:45 PM
I hope that none of the players reveal their cards before voting has concluded. It would completely ruin the purpose of the voting. Smennen, if for any reason you have already settled on a card, please keep it to yourself. That is not what we are supposed to be voting on.

Bardo
08-10-2007, 01:00 PM

A few things. First, this is the "Storyteller Vote," not the Greatest Designer Search or whateverthefuck that was called. Secondly, we have no idea how good, bad, relevant, etc. any of these cards are going to be for Legacy, or another other format for that matter. Third, you have WOTC's Development Dept who more or less has carte blanche to make any winning card more awesome than submitted (Meddling Mage), or downright shit (Rakdos Augermage). Then you may have some cards that win but langor in a developmental blackhole due to balancing problems(Ruel's "Bibi.")

The only way I can see to do this honestly is to vote in the spirit of category: whoever spins the best yarn. My better angel wants me to vote for Cunningham; but I don't see how I can vote for anyone other than Rizzo, who just kills me.

Edit - As much as I like the Magic Show, Erwin's submission sorta made me embarrased for my species... :/

Illissius
08-10-2007, 01:02 PM
To be honest, I don't think I want a card designed for Eternal formats specifically. Those have a bigger chance of ruining the format than improving it.

scrumdogg
08-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Menendian has several problems...A) he isn't in the Top 3 storytellers on that list...which is a problem since this is the Storyteller category....Rizzo, Erwin, Jones immediately surpass him & others can make an argument (Cunningham's ability vs Menendian's output etc etc). B) Steve doesn't represent my format, he is a Vintage player, writer & soi-disant storyteller. His forays into Legacy have ranged from the misleading to the disingenuous to the arrogant, to suddenly claim solidarity with Legacy is a blatant vote grab & should be shunned by the Legacy community. C) There should be consequences for being a tool - which means that regardless of talent those who are arrogant & manipulative, dismissive & rude should reap what they sow. In this category Steve makes my Top 3 but he is so far behind Flores & Fabiano that he can almost get a pass. Anyone who has had to deal with the first two at a major event, as a player, judge, or involved participant can attest to their personal loathesomeness. In short, vote your conscience, but ask yourself how you wish to reward behavior?

Bardo
08-10-2007, 04:05 PM
There should be consequences for being a tool - which means that regardless of talent those who are arrogant & manipulative, dismissive & rude should reap what they sow.

So, are you advocating the abolition of politicians and influence peddling? :wink:

hi-val
08-10-2007, 04:44 PM
Wait, so Flores and Fabiano aren't tools? Reality speaks against this.

scrumdogg
08-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Wait, so Flores and Fabiano aren't tools? Reality speaks against this.

No, they are the most egregious offenders imaginable, not simply on the list of choices we have for the Storyteller slot. Thought I made that clear....and for the record, I am 100% in favor of abolishing influence peddling, politicians, lawyers, Nazis, Communists and Paris Hilton.

Nihil Credo
08-10-2007, 05:15 PM
My vote is now for Gerard Fabiano. What he did to Tom Lapille was awesome. I've done the same thing at a tournament. For example, this conversation happened last weekend at a Legacy tournament I went to:

Me: Uhh, before damage I Lightning Bolt you to make my Mongeese 3/3's.
Him: You can't do that. Once I pass priority back to you, damage resolves. You would have had to Bolt me before blockers. I only take two damage, not six.
Me: Hmm, okay, call a judge. I'll just say I Bolted you before blockers. You have no proof.
Him: Okay :frown:

Epic times!
So... racist, misogynist, politically retarded (not because of your side, but because of the reasons for choosing it), back-stabber, and now cheater as well. And let's not forget troll.

(I wanted to add a witty insult here, but frankly, there's not even need to.)

Smmenen
08-10-2007, 05:38 PM
To everyone who has voted for me - THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Your support is invaluable!

If I can manage to win this vote, I promise to represent the Eternal Community honorably.

I will try to show the world that playing on the Pro Tour is not the only place that competitive Magic takes place.

Also, if I win the nomination, I want this community to have a say in the card I submit.

WE CAN DO IT!

Stephen

Machinus
08-10-2007, 05:45 PM
A few things. First, this is the "Storyteller Vote," not the Greatest Designer Search or whateverthefuck that was called. Secondly, we have no idea how good, bad, relevant, etc. any of these cards are going to be for Legacy, or another other format for that matter. Third, you have WOTC's Development Dept who more or less has carte blanche to make any winning card more awesome than submitted (Meddling Mage), or downright shit (Rakdos Augermage). Then you may have some cards that win but langor in a developmental blackhole due to balancing problems(Ruel's "Bibi.")

The only way I can see to do this honestly is to vote in the spirit of category: whoever spins the best yarn. My better angel wants me to vote for Cunningham; but I don't see how I can vote for anyone other than Rizzo, who just kills me.

Edit - As much as I like the Magic Show, Erwin's submission sorta made me embarrased for my species... :/

We see the cards before the tournament, and many of them have gone through development unscathed. There is still no reason to pay attention to this secondary stuff since it doesn't affect Legacy.

hi-val
08-10-2007, 07:49 PM
No, they are the most egregious offenders imaginable, not simply on the list of choices we have for the Storyteller slot. Thought I made that clear....and for the record, I am 100% in favor of abolishing influence peddling, politicians, lawyers, Nazis, Communists and Paris Hilton.

This is like the most egregious case of my not RTFP ever. I re-read what you originally posted and we're in complete agreement. Sry. I blame wine.

Bane of the Living
08-10-2007, 08:53 PM
What I find funny is all the talk about creating a great eternal card. What makes a card good for eternal?? Being worth our 'hi-rate-play'?

Are you talking about a card prepared for an exsisting archetype? Smmenen or Rizzo would most likely create an Ichorid friendly cog, which makes me excited and fearfull for the formats.

I dont care what category your voting is in you get my vote for being on Meandeck!

Citrus-God
08-10-2007, 10:21 PM
Sadly, my love for Meandeck Gifts and Grim Long lead me to vote for Menendian. Menendian gets my vote for being an overall genius, great deckbuilder, and writer.

frogboy
08-10-2007, 10:53 PM
What the hell? Flores and Fabiano are good people. Flores' writing occasionally leaves something to be desired, but whatever. GFabs is hilarious though.

Parcher
08-10-2007, 11:30 PM
What the hell? Flores and Fabiano are good people. Flores' writing occasionally leaves something to be desired, but whatever. GFabs is hilarious though.

I have to agree with this. I used to play up at Neutral Ground with Flores every other weekend, and at many tournaments years ago. He was always hilarious and self-depricating in person. Part of it was because Shuler and Becker constantly insulted him, but mainly because he knew how completely awful a player he was.

I dunno, maybe now that he has been doing better at Magic his attitude has changed, but he was always cool in person. I wouldn't vote him into the Invitational even if he was running though.

lynxcat
08-11-2007, 03:21 AM
Stephen, I think it's a shame you're on such a talented ballot. I would love to see you in the Invitational, but I can't in good conscience vote for you. I placed you 5th after Craig Jones, Sahnchez, Gerard and friggin' Rizzo. I don't think anyone rivals John Rizzo in terms of story-telling ability. Even so, good luck and I would still be glad to see you win. You should be proud of what you do, even if you don't make the Invitational.

jazzykat
08-11-2007, 04:17 AM

Good luck, Stephen.

url]

Ummm...that's how I felt. Rizzo was one of my most favorite writers of any and all genres.

APriestOfGix
08-11-2007, 09:13 PM
You have my vote, but i want to see a really cool card idea, that will do amazing things in all formats it's in.

Something that will generate a whole new deck idea, in Vintage, Legacy, and extended, (screw standard the card pool there sucks)

T_B
08-11-2007, 09:48 PM
You got my vote.

Can your card have dredge: 14 on it?

Or at least a card with dredge that I have a reason to cast.
... Or anything thats for legacy/Vintage please.

Toad
08-13-2007, 05:20 PM
So... racist, misogynist, politically retarded (not because of your side, but because of the reasons for choosing it), back-stabber, and now cheater as well. And let's not forget troll.

(I wanted to add a witty insult here, but frankly, there's not even need to.)

For your information, some players got banned by the DCI after posting about how they cheated on Internet forums.

Belgareth
08-13-2007, 06:04 PM
Sorry it would be wrong for me to vote for anyone other than fellow Brit and good friend Craig Jones, He has most of the UK behind him (which isn't saying much considering we're a tiny island :( ).

Cait_Sith
08-13-2007, 09:37 PM
I can't tell if the above statement is a joke or not. So in the spirit of fairness I just voted for Smmenen.

Nihil Credo
08-14-2007, 02:58 PM
Menendian? You're a good guy, man, but I still want to see Rizzo's face on my next money rare.

Happy Gilmore
08-14-2007, 10:35 PM
hmm...I think I already voted for Mike Glow sorry :frown: .

scrumdogg
08-15-2007, 12:32 AM
hmm...I think I already voted for Mike Glow sorry :frown: .

That would be righteous since Mike Glow has done more for Legacy than Smenendienian ever has....and has more credibility to boot. Words I never thought would enter my mind, much less pass my lips.....

Bryant Cook
08-15-2007, 01:08 AM
Mike Glow doesn't even play Magic anymore. He plays Yu-gi-oh. "It's like playing Type 1 with 5 Lotus's and 8 Ancestrals."

NANTUKO_SHADY
08-15-2007, 01:29 AM
Mike Glow doesn't even play Magic anymore. He plays Yu-gi-oh. "It's like playing Type 1 with 5 Lotus's and 8 Ancestrals."

And he just rips little Yu-Gi-Oh kid's assholes apart in trades. He cashes out so much in that game.

atv
08-15-2007, 07:51 AM
This is obviously true but I don't think he's written since his last Invitational report. He is far and away the best writer, though.

Jeff Cunningham has been writing Magic Academy for wizards.com... It's really good too, even if people here aren't in the target group of that column.

Since I can't vote Tomi Walamies this year, Jeff Cunningham will get my vote.

TheMightyQuinn
08-15-2007, 05:38 PM
You got my vote.

Your card should be Magus of the (Dream) Halls when you when. :laugh:

Cait_Sith
08-15-2007, 08:30 PM

Not really. They go ban crazy because, yo, mana cost makes balancing cards easy. Yu-Gi-Oh lacks any way to balance its spells, so every card that functions like a one sided Wrath either gets banned or played in a half a dozen of the top decks. No matter what.

scrumdogg
08-16-2007, 01:24 PM

Exactly my point....and this is different from what he did to Magic players for years how? Then there is the funny story of how his binder got stolen by the thieves, delinquents & mutants that Play Yu-Gi-Oh....

xycsoscyx
08-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Being an avid player of Vintage AND Legacy, I really can't vote for you Stephen. In the category of story telling especially, you're just not even invited to the party. You've done a lot for Vintage (though probably not as much as you tell yourself you've done), but I have never really seen you venture into Legacy on anything more than a whim. Posting this on a Legacy forum just degrades your credibility even more, as well as your right to be voted in on such grounds.

I don't don't think the point of designing a card is to design it for anyone but yourself. The best cards are the cards that people just wanted to see printed, not that people thought SHOULD be printed because it'd be good for Format X. I have no doubt your card would be played in Vintage (alone, most likely, though I really can't venture a guess as to what you really have in mind), I just don't think it'd be in the true spirit of the contest. Also, based on how fast you seem to jump onto the next big thing when it comes to decks, I'm sure your card would be obsolete in a month. :rolleyes: What is it now, Tog?

Sorry, I really can't give you my vote here.

Lego
08-17-2007, 12:24 AM
Second place man. That's nothing to be ashamed about. I'm surprised about Evan though. Although I really like that guy. I hope he wins :)

Nantuko88
08-18-2007, 06:09 PM
Well, we did surprisingly well. Evan was a hard guy to top. Wayyyy tooo many people watch his show for him not to get the vote.

Honestly, Wizards probably prefers it this way. They don't like us eternal format folk much....we don't constantly buy packs.

Sorry Menendian.

Barook
08-18-2007, 11:48 PM
I've actually never heard about Evan - probably because I don't care enough... :confused:

Smmenen
08-19-2007, 09:31 PM
I want to thank everyone who voted for me. I genuinely appreciate it. I believe a message was sent, loud and clear. Bill Stark, who was working the Gencon coverage, expressed his incredulous surprise at the results and said it spoke volumes about the Eternal community. I agreed.

Once more, thank you for those of you who voted for me.

Stephen Menendian