PDA

View Full Version : Gagomy and the format.

Obfuscate Freely
08-11-2007, 01:31 AM
So zulander came over tonight and we tested goblins/breakfast vs gagomy and I think people need to start accomodating for the deck. Start adding the deck to your testing because it will win Gencon, this is your advance warning.

Machinus
08-11-2007, 01:34 AM
I can't tell if this is a joke or what. UGR Thresh didn't have a lot of trouble against this deck.

Obfuscate Freely
08-11-2007, 01:41 AM
I can't tell if this is a joke or what. UGR Thresh didn't have a lot of trouble against this deck.

UGR thresh is definitely a metagame consideration, but you have to look at this from the perspective of potential inertia in the metagame wave. For example, CRET belcher made an interesting juxtaposition between formality and sheer animosity. Pyroclasm is the new bone saw, but I must admit that I was personally impressed by the versatility of the GAG. Tarmogoyf is simply too much of a locomotive, with the potential for ethereal compression (metaphorically speaking, of course), when combined with kird ape.

Machinus
08-11-2007, 01:57 AM
I'm genuinely stumped. All my guesses are invalidated by that vocabulary. You win, who are you?

Bovinious
08-11-2007, 02:02 AM
UGR thresh is definitely a metagame consideration, but you have to look at this from the perspective of potential inertia in the metagame wave. For example, CRET belcher made an interesting juxtaposition between formality and sheer animosity. Pyroclasm is the new bone saw, but I must admit that I was personally impressed by the versatility of the GAG. Tarmogoyf is simply too much of a locomotive, with the potential for ethereal compression (metaphorically speaking, of course), when combined with kird ape.

ZEE VOUCABOOLARIEZ, ZHEY DOO NOTHINGZ!!!

But seriously what was that supposed to say? I dont think all of those words mean what you think they mean.

troopatroop
08-11-2007, 02:04 AM
I think it's some sort of program to generate random, yet intelligent conversation. It's really just pointless rambling. I think IBA used it once before.

outsideangel
08-11-2007, 02:32 AM
Come now, let's not be puerile.

It's quite clear that you have little comprehension of the potential impact that the momentum being gained by a deck like Gagomy could have on the fragile equilibrium of the current format's curve.

After some rigorously extensive testing, I'd say that the real strength of "Big GAGZ" lies not merely in the elementary synergy between the various quanta the deck is composed of (i.e. Kird Ape, Negator, Jitte, et al) but, more relevantly, in the general disposition of the deck vis-a-vis the format at large.

zulander
08-11-2007, 03:26 AM
This thread is why Alix shouldn't leave me and nightwolf alone with his account logged on.

Nihil Credo
08-11-2007, 05:51 AM
While those are interesting observations, I think the key lies in GAGOMY's ability to play long while shifting the board equilibrium in favour of the same player who is in control of tempo, i.e. the Fujita-style Ape/burn opener. This sort of strategic superiority, combined with nigh-broken power density (a nice throwback to the Handleman school) allows your Tanks to wreak havoc on your opp's light-armoured units and turrets, which is really the critical part of the PvT matchup... wait, what were we talking about again?

URABAHN
08-11-2007, 07:21 AM
I believe it was Plato who stuck to the wall when he said one must not put one's transvestite in jeopardy if one is to become a cunning linguist. Unfortunately, we could not impregnate everyone. It is simply beyond our colonic threshold. That is why I concur with the proclaimation of the habitation of GAGOMY.

Word.

Peter_Rotten
08-11-2007, 09:53 AM
When in doubt, lock it.