PDA

View Full Version : Not new to Magic, but new to Legacy

KingAlanI
08-15-2007, 12:29 PM
As the title suggests, I'm not new to playing Magic, but I am new to legaxcy events. What deck do y'all suggest?

I have an Affinity deck that doesn't have Bobs or ravagers; will that accomplish anything?

AnwarA101
08-15-2007, 12:31 PM
I suggest not playing Affinity. If you can afford to build Goblins its much better.

zulander
08-15-2007, 12:38 PM
Check out the Decks to Beat section on the forums. Almost all of those decks are still competitive and there are very nice primers written there too.

TheCramp
08-15-2007, 03:24 PM
It's ok to not top 8 at your first event in a format. Affinity has some teeth, you will learn something. It's easier to play than goblins, and the sides aren't tuned against you (explosives are fairly impotent tool for fighting affinity for example.) you can go without bobs, but ravagers you should borrow if you can't trade/buy. There are forums on affinity, read them, you'll get ideas. Pithing needle should be in your deck/side somewhere. Pernicious deed is an auto lose for you. If they have to grip that first, your crainial plated whatevers sometimes have a chance to smash in for the win.

check it: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4566