PDA

View Full Version : Just An Idea...

Jak
08-16-2007, 06:47 AM
I think it would be really awesome if people posted videos on youtube of them playing Magic. It would be more like a primer, but allow people to watch you play. For me, this is a better way for me to learn. It would be cool to have people that have really tested hard and played with their decks numerous times post videos of games and walkthrough what they are doing. Just a thought, because I love watching Magic games and learning some tech.

Mijorre
08-16-2007, 06:59 AM
You just want to have better visuals when you fantasize about IBA, don't you? :3

But yes, it would be nice to see the cream of the crop demonstrate what their decks do :).

Versus
08-16-2007, 07:38 AM
That would be pretty cool. Actually I was looking on there the other day for something like that.

Besides some vids of people demonstating turn 1 kills and some Pro Tour footage (that's too small to see anything) there really isn't much worth talking about. There are some primers, but they look like basic rules to me not advanced playing techniquies.

Bovinious
08-16-2007, 02:44 PM
I like watching Magic Youtubes also, my favorite is Mike Long at PT Paris beating Mark Justice with his ProspBloom deck. Its so entertaining to watch b/c Mike Long is so strange, plus its kool to see him be at 0 life for like 5 minutes while still comboing, and eventually winning the game, rules changes FTW. Games 1, 2, 4, and 5 of that match are on Youtube, if you want some lulz I'd reccommend them.

sammiel
08-16-2007, 02:46 PM
is that when he had a cadaverous bloom in his lap? just wondering

Bovinious
08-16-2007, 03:00 PM
It was allegedly on his chair in the instance youre referring to, and no I dont think it was this match but probably sometime during PT Paris, this is the match where he supposedly bluffed Justice out of a game after pitching his only Drain Life, but I dont see that happen anywhere in the film (at one point Justice concedes a game after being shown 2 Prosperities, but I dont think Long's Drain Life was gone). Game 3 is not on Youtube for some reason, but that is one of the games Long lost so that couldnt have been the bluff game either. Maybe that whole thing was just a myth...

andrew77
08-16-2007, 04:52 PM
is that when he had a cadaverous bloom in his lap? just wondering

No, he had a bloom in his lap at US Nationals

Jak
08-16-2007, 06:07 PM
Yeah, I loved watching that vid. So that got me thinking that it would be cool to see actual legacy decks on there.

Nantuko88
08-16-2007, 06:37 PM
If you search "Vintage" there are a number of Type 1 matches online from Spain. The spoken words are in Spanish.

Pinder
08-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Yeah, I loved watching that vid. So that got me thinking that it would be cool to see actual legacy decks on there.

The Magic Show has some GP Columbus Deck Techs (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=GP+Columbus+Deck+Tech&search=Search) that are Legacy. Of course, Sadin's isn't legal anymore, and the other two sort of suck....

kicks_422
08-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Some of the Vintage videos are kinda crappy though, with lots of play mistakes on both sides. There are also a number being played on kitchen and dining room tables (while eating pizza to boot), which really don't help much.

It would be really useful if people actually take vidcams along with them on tourneys and such. I'd love to do that for you guys, only I'm a Pacific Ocean away...

hi-val
08-16-2007, 07:37 PM
I am considering video play-by-plays for my articles. Is there a good open-source video editing software around? I've used Final Cut before and prefer that over iFilm. Having taken broadcast journalism classes, I'd be using good lighting and mics too : D

What kind of videos would you like to see? Matches, commentary, videoblogging?

Whit3 Ghost
08-16-2007, 08:02 PM
I am considering video play-by-plays for my articles. Is there a good open-source video editing software around? I've used Final Cut before and prefer that over iFilm. Having taken broadcast journalism classes, I'd be using good lighting and mics too : D

I would definately be interested in matches and commentary.

Bryant Cook
08-17-2007, 12:18 AM

Final Cut Pro is the shit. Yeah, I'm an art nerd... I graduated with 13 art credits.

Jak
08-17-2007, 03:02 AM

That would be awesome.

Edit- I think it should just be legacy matches with commentary. Like just saying what cards you are playing and maybe for some plays, explain why.

outsideangel
08-17-2007, 05:06 AM
Final Cut Pro is the shit. Yeah, I'm an art nerd... I graduated with 13 art credits.

Premiere 6.5 fo' life, sucka!