PDA

View Full Version : [Article]What Next for Legacy?

Finn
08-17-2007, 10:24 AM
On the not-so-serious side.

Article (http://mtgsalvation.com/676-what-next-for-legacy-combo-socks-and-talking-elves.html)

DragoFireheart
08-17-2007, 10:34 AM
So what sort of elf am I? I could be a Tolkien elf or something from a Keebler commercial . . . or even a Dark Sun elf.

LOL!

Illissius
08-17-2007, 10:46 AM
I liked it. You're a good writer. Sock values are an interesting concept, even if they're imperfect like most things are (they don't take draw and manipulation into account, only tutors).

Nihil Credo
08-17-2007, 11:08 AM
I'm sorry to be so blunt, but the first half was fairly shallow and the latter half was just plain boring. You've cranked out some interesting articles over the years, Finn, but this is not one of them.

Silverdragon
08-17-2007, 11:15 AM
I think the first part was amazing but the second part could've been shorter.
For future articles you could compare sock value to threat density or advance sock value to include carddraw etc.
Definitely one of the better articles I've read in a long time.

btw talking about socks when discussing Magic has to be the greatest thing evar XD

Finn
08-17-2007, 11:31 AM
Don't be sorry, Nihil. I would be quite upset if I ever found out you boys were taking it easy on me just to be nice. I appreciate your true opinion.

This particular work seems to tickle some people (it is intended to), and make others wonder how they can get their five minutes back. This is my fault as I have been shoving all my works under one title. I should probably decide if I am going to entertain first or inform/persuade first. I have been flip-flopping on that.

Oh well. You can't please everyone.

Eldariel
08-17-2007, 05:09 PM
The theory didn't really seem too relevant to me in many ways, it's just the likelihood of finding a win condition without factoring in the amount of filtering the deck has available. The second part I found very amusing though and you definitely deserve props for that. Sorta introspective and still hilarity-inducing.

CRET stands for the team, Charles' Rear Entry. I must remind you that you asked. I think it's better that people just call it CRET Belcher, knowing what they're talking about, without actually knowing what it stands for.