PDA

View Full Version : The most mind numbingly stupid ruling argument ever

Binary Star
08-27-2007, 12:05 AM
Might actually be the stupidest thing I've ever seen on the net...
http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=messageboard.viewThread&groupID=100013020&page=0&EntryID=40945686&CategoryID=0&get=1&adTopicId=14&lastpagesent=8&Mytoken=9B05055D-71AF-4571-8171B5D896C45C0866295740

n00bas4urus_r3x
08-27-2007, 12:18 AM
and thats another reason why i dont play with cards i dont understand or even have a messed up rulings ....and yes i am bullhead b/c i am vrigo ........all vrigos are bullheaded ...

I lol'd.

Bovinious
08-27-2007, 12:40 AM
WOW what an idiot, I'm guessing he cant read or something.

EDIT: I really hope my computer didnt just get a virus from Myspace...

Binary Star
08-27-2007, 12:55 AM
He was like this when he kept arguing that you could somehow cast Stifle on Glimpse the Unthinkable. I'm not certain, but I think he might actually still think you can.

Tacosnape
08-27-2007, 01:36 AM
This has made my brain melt and start dripping out of my nose. Or maybe that's mucus. I have a cold, so could be either one.

Like, seriously? WHat disturbs me about this was how many different people were saying things like "The wording on Deed is tricky, it could mean either."

Saying "The wording on Deed is tricky," is like saying "The window on my car is made of cheeseburgers." Neither one is true in the slightest unless you're incredibly out of touch with reality.

Back when I taught my ex-girlfriend magic? She figured out how Deed worked in like, 60 seconds.

Jak
08-27-2007, 01:42 AM
God, reading that made me want to hit him. How... He posted the same ruling over and over. Never made sense. I am about to cry.

kicks_422
08-27-2007, 02:34 AM
I stopped after reading the first page. I didn't think it was good for my health.

vigilante
08-27-2007, 02:46 AM
And after 10 pages, they're still no closer to convincing the guy that he's wrong. I love how that Ankh guy re-ignited the argument just as things were settling down a bit.

Perhaps my favourite part is when Jason tries to convince everyone that Deed's a junk rare by comparing it's price to a Beta Nevinyrral's Disk ($12-ish for Deed, $80-ish for Disk). Oh, and the other piece of "evidence" he provides that proves Deed sucks is "Disk was reprinted as a Magus in Time Spiral.....if Deed is actually a good card, how come it wasn't reprinted?" (Or words to that effect, minus the good spelling and grammar).

Pinder
08-27-2007, 03:03 AM
Dear God, I think I just got a lot dumber for having read any of that. Luckily I stopped halfway through the second page.

DarkAkuma
08-27-2007, 04:47 AM
Yea, realy. I think my IQ may have just droped a few points after reading that...

He needs to do us all a favor and quit magic...

DeathwingZERO
08-27-2007, 05:44 AM
I made the mistake of reading it. I got about 6 pages in, skipped a few, then saw the bullshit about the Stifle on Glimpse, then had to go back to page 7 to read it all through just to find out WTF that was all about.

Seriously, I love how the dude put up his DCI info though. Anybody want to sanction an event??

But yes, Jason needs to leave Magic, and never come back. He's a disgrace to the game, anyone that can't grasp such a simple statement of "X or less" and continuing to cite the CVC because of it is a moron, plain and simple.

EDIT: I had to reply. I also had to go find instances of things being less than X, just so he'd shut the hell up about it. I think problem is solved.

Nihil Credo
08-27-2007, 06:30 AM
I think we all need to rest our brains after that.

http://imgred.com/http://mfrost.typepad.com/cute_overload/images/2007/08/12/bunnulence.jpg

DeathwingZERO
08-27-2007, 06:32 AM
Awesome, now I'm just thinking of "When Fluffy Bunnies Attack". Such a great card.

vigilante
08-27-2007, 07:31 AM
You tell your Pernicious Deed: "Hey man, I need you to blow up. I'm giving you 3 mana. Do your best, the opponent won't stop you. I'm counting on you, man."

Deed says "If you activate me for 3, I will kill Artifacts, Enchantments, and Creatures at exactly 3, OR anything less than that, if there is anything in those CVC as well, but I can't kill 4 OR higher. I'm just that nice of a guy. You'll thank me for having that OR ability, because you really needed to get rid of that Umezawa's Jitte along with that Phyrexian Negator holding it. If I never had that "OR" in my writing, that means it would have stayed, because you paid 3, not 2. Wouldn't that have totally sucked?"

Clear, concise, correct. Reckon there's even the slightest chance he'll get it now? I mean, he is a Vrigo after all.

By the way, your Deed is much more polite than mine have been lately....all mine seem to do is mumble under their breath about blowing shit up.

DeathwingZERO
08-27-2007, 07:52 AM
I'm sure had I not sold my Deeds, they'd never work for me again. They've been sitting in the sideboard to my Dragon deck for years with very little play.

Though, I'm sure at the same time, with having little to no play lately, mine are basically at the point where the convo would look like this:

Me: "Hey man, I finally got you through that counter war. Now I'm counting on you to nuke all those piece of crap artifacts from the Golden Age that are stopping me from winning. You know what they are. How much do I owe ya?"

Deed: "JUST GIMME ALL YOUR MANA AND I'll BLOW THIS WHOLE MOTHER UP!!!! I GOTTA BLOW SOMETHING UP!!! IT'S SO FRUSTRATING ONLY SEEING A MATCH EVERY 3 YEARS!!!!...............you remembered to Duress away his Stifle, right?"

Me: "Uh, ya.....about that. Good luck!"

*Boom*

Peter_Rotten
08-27-2007, 09:00 AM
Do we really need this thread?