PDA

View Full Version : Leyline of the Void + Pernicious Deed

Tog
09-04-2007, 01:45 AM
Blow Deed x= 6 with Leyline of the Void on the table. Opponent has a Yosei, the Morning Star on the board. Is Yosei removed from the game after all is said and done? Planar Void and its ilk have always bamboozled me. Help appreciated.

~Tog

gnurbel2000
09-04-2007, 02:20 AM
Leylines effect is a replacement effect, Planar Voids effect is a triggered ability. So When you blow up the Deed all the Permanents you listed will be removed at the same time, so that Leylines effect is still applying for Yosei, Deed and Leyline itself and osei won't trigger. If you had a Planar Void in play instead of Leyline, then the Yosei would be removed when it hits the graveyard, but Yosei will still trigger because he hit the graveyard.

Maveric78f
09-05-2007, 08:34 AM
Unclear answer (for me).

Leyline and Yosei will be moved to the graveyard at the same time, but before moving we look at the replacement effects. Thus, Leyline and Yosei will be removed from the game.

About planar void, it's a triggered ability, as well as for Yosei. When Yosei hits the graveayrd woth goes to the stack and both will resolve independantly. Even with a terror cast on Yosei (not affecting the planar void), the Yosei would trigger. With deed, Yosei will trigger and be removed by the triggered ability of planar void.

About samurai of pale curtain, it's a replacement effect, as for Leyline. In consequence no triggered ability.

Nihil Credo
09-05-2007, 09:31 AM
Unclear answer (for me).
What's unclear about that? As you yourself said, a Leyline of the Void won't let Yosei hit the graveyard even if the two are destroyed together. It seems pretty clear to me.