PDA

View Full Version : [Thresh Mirror Matchs] Jotun Grunt.

DragoFireheart
09-06-2007, 02:45 PM
With the rise of Tarmogoyf, might we expect to see more UGW Thresh decks running Jotun Grunt as a means to counter the other Thresh player in a mirror match? It would not only weaken Goyf, it would also weaken Mongoose and all the other Thresh creatures.

All the UGW thresh player would have to do is use a Meddling mage, Jotun Grunt and some other creature [if they wanted to run 12 creatures].

Anarky87
09-06-2007, 03:08 PM
With the rise of Tarmogoyf, might we expect to see more UGW Thresh decks running Jotun Grunt as a means to counter the other Thresh player in a mirror match? It would not only weaken Goyf, it would also weaken Mongoose and all the other Thresh creatures.

All the UGW thresh player would have to do is use a Meddling mage, Jotun Grunt and some other creature [if they wanted to run 12 creatures].

Pretty much just run Roopey's (at least I think it was) UGw Gro list with Dryad, Watchwolf, and Grunt. Still, running your own Tarmogoyfs is just too enticing to pass up. I can't see even playing Thresh without them.

DragoFireheart
09-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Pretty much just run Roopey's (at least I think it was) UGw Gro list with Dryad, Watchwolf, and Grunt. Still, running your own Tarmogoyfs is just too enticing to pass up. I can't see even playing Thresh without them.

Yeah, I love my Goyf too.

However Jotunt Grunt is also another way to combat Cephalid Breakfast.

Eldariel
09-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Watchwolf can easily become Goyf. Then the question is if Dryad is worth being vulnerable to red removal over Nimble Werebear.

frogboy
09-06-2007, 04:45 PM
However Jotunt Grunt is also another way to combat Cephalid Breakfast.

I'm like 90% sure they bin their deck and kill you in the same turn.

zulander
09-06-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm like 90% sure they bin their deck and kill you in the same turn.

Yeah, that's what they do. However, if for some odd reason you get an upkeep after they go off the last thing you want to do is put cards back in their deck, you want to win because they can't draw a card.

Tacosnape
09-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Why not just play Tarmogoyf instead? If you're really worried about losing to opposing Tarmogoyfs, run Spell Snare, Threads of Disloyalty, or Vedalken Shackles.

Happy Gilmore
09-06-2007, 05:21 PM
Why not just play Tarmogoyf instead? If you're really worried about losing to opposing Tarmogoyfs, run Spell Snare, Threads of Disloyalty, or Vedalken Shackles.

Agreed, but shaclkes doesn't normally get online till turn 4 or 5 which makes it a very mediocre answer.