PDA

View Full Version : [Card] Wanderwine Prophets

Wallace
09-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Wanderwine Prophets :4::u::u: 4/4

Creature - Merfolk Wizard

Champion a Merfolk (When this comes into play, sacrifice it unless you remove another Merfolk you control from the game. When this leaves play, that card returns to play.)

Whenever Wanderwine Prophets deals combat damage to a player, you may sacrifice a Merfolk. If you do, take an additional turn after this one.

Just wanted to see what people think about this new card?!

from Cairo
09-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Seems way too resource intensive... 6 mana, a merfolk, and an unblocked attack phase (from a creature with no inherent evasion) before you get a timewalk... Just play some sort Time Warp recursion shell if the desired effect is abusing infinite turns, doesn't seem like it would fit in any Merfolk/Fish type shell, so its tribal restrictions seem to just make it unplayable.

Sanguine Voyeur
09-06-2007, 06:21 PM
It's ok, it ends the game "now" if you can feed it for five turns, but it doesn't have evaison, dies to removal, and cost six.

MattH
09-06-2007, 08:01 PM
I'm gonna say, useless for Legacy*. Too slow and the merfolk suck, as a whole.

*As with every card ever, append "unless there's some combo built around it".

Goaswerfraiejen
09-06-2007, 08:59 PM
Makes for mean casual play, though: Fire Whip!

EDIT: Never mind. Sac Merrow to make it give you turns. Bleh.

On the up side, "Merrow" is a really, really cool-sounding genus/term/plural for Merfolk; whichever one of those it's supposed to be. Plural, I suppose, but then "merfolk" is already pluralised. Wheatevo. Cool anyway. :smile:

Tacosnape
09-07-2007, 12:52 AM
This card might see play in some sort of mono-blue Merfolk Blue-Skies shell.

Well, actually, I'm lying. It won't see play ever. 6 mana threats don't work in Legacy unless they win the game singlehandedly, and this guy has to have a lot of Merfolk backing him up.

So unless there's about four other Merfolk that rival the power level of Tarmogoyf / Tap for :u::u:, don't count on this being a Legacy card at all.

Meekrab
09-07-2007, 03:03 AM
Makes for mean casual play, though: Fire Whip!

EDIT: Never mind. Sac Merrow to make it give you turns. Bleh.
Also, combat damage only.