PDA

View Full Version : Fodder Launch + Goblin Lackey

GreenOne
09-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Lackey:
"Whenever Goblin Lackey deals damage to a player, you may put a Goblin card from your hand into play"

Fodder Launch:
Tribal Sorcery - Goblin
"As an additional cost to play Fodder Launch, sacrifice a Goblin.
Target creature gets -5/-5 until end of turn. Fodder Launch deals 5 damage to that creature's controller. "

a) Can you put this into play?
b) If so, does the card actually work or does it work only on being it played?
c) Do you have to sacrifice the creature?

Sanguine Voyeur
09-06-2007, 06:35 PM
Lackey now reads "Whenever Goblin Lackey deals damage to a player, you may put a Goblin permanent card from your hand into play."

They fixed it in there latest errata to compensate for the Tribal type.

Source (http://magiccards.info/us/en/190.html)

Locutus
09-06-2007, 06:38 PM
212.7d Sorceries can't come into play. If a sorcery would come into play, it remains in its previous zone instead.

So basically nothing would happen even if you could put any Goblin card into play with Lackey.

GreenOne
09-13-2007, 09:05 AM
Another question about Fodder Launch (don't feel like opening another thread).

If there's a 4/5 goyf in play (sorcery, instant, creature, land) and you play Fodder Launch on it, will it die? I mean, fodder launch goes in grave as last step of the resolution. Is the creature still alive at that point?

Nightmare
09-13-2007, 09:18 AM
Another question about Fodder Launch (don't feel like opening another thread).

If there's a 4/5 goyf in play (sorcery, instant, creature, land) and you play Fodder Launch on it, will it die? I mean, fodder launch goes in grave as last step of the resolution. Is the creature still alive at that point?Still alive. SBE's aren't checked until after the resolution (in full) of the spell. By then, it will be a 0/1 until EOT.

Pinder
09-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Lackey now reads "Whenever Goblin Lackey deals damage to a player, you may put a Goblin permanent card from your hand into play."

They fixed it in there latest errata to compensate for the Tribal type.

Source (http://magiccards.info/us/en/190.html)

The fact that it's 'permanent', not 'creature' is intriguing, though. I wonder if any Tribal Enchantments or Artifacts will be good enough to worm their way into Goblins, and subsequently into play via Lackey.

Tacosnape
09-13-2007, 03:06 PM
Or lands.

dahcmai
09-14-2007, 08:52 AM
Another curious question about the same card. Does it count for cards that have abilities such as "whenever a goblin is put into the graveyard from your hand, or similar"?

I can't think of one of the top of my head that does this, but I assume there is one.

Is it pretty much a goblin for all intents and purposes when in hand?