PDA

View Full Version : [Card Brainstorming] Mass Removal.

DragoFireheart
09-11-2007, 12:36 AM
I thought about main-decking a mass removal card for my Smashy deck [Zill-Stompy Variant]. For some strange reason I kept running into lots of decks that pack weeines and such.

What are some good mass removal spells that one could run that are either red or green? All of the creatures that I run in my deck are the following:

Burning-Tree Shaman
Iwamori of the Open Fist
Kird Ape
Llanowar Elves
Tarmogoyf
Troll Ascetic
Spell: Call of the Herd

The only things I would have to worry about losing is the elves and the Troll [which can regen] if I were to use Pyroclasm for example.

Sanguine Voyeur
09-11-2007, 06:14 AM
Pyroclasm would be the best. Rough and Tumble if you meta is full of small ground people and big fliers for some reason. Savage Twister or Earthquake can work if you ant an x spell.

Nihil Credo
09-11-2007, 06:38 AM
If you have a non-zero chance of getting to six mana, Rough/Tumble is probably better. There are a lot more Serra Avengers, Mystic Enforcers and Serendib Efreets around than Leonin Skyhunters.

But if you have the money, I'd still pack Rolling Earthquake. I'd guess, from your creature base, that you have at least 22 lands or so, which would allow you to consistently use it as a finisher.

Maveric78f
09-11-2007, 06:57 AM
Apocalypse...

zulander
09-11-2007, 07:12 AM
Earthquake, rolling e-quake, pyroclasm, EE, simoon, savage twister, starstorm.. etc. I think clasm is your best bet.

Illissius
09-11-2007, 08:38 AM
I'd go with Rolling Earthquake if your manabase supports it -- which, judging by the presence of Iwamori, it does. There are many matchups where Pyroclasm is (close to) dead, where Rolling Earthquake can be Fireball or Wrath of God at least.

DragoFireheart
09-11-2007, 12:03 PM
Rolling Earthquake is out of the question as it is hard to find and cost too much? Whats the next best thing?

Here is my deck list if you wanted to see it:

>>Smashy<<

1 Burning-Tree Shaman
1 Iwamori of the Open Fist
4 Kird Ape
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Tarmogoyf
4 Troll Ascetic

Spells
4 Call of the Herd
4 Chain Lightning
4 Seal of Fire
4 Sudden Shock

Enchantments
4 Rancor

Artifacts
2 Umezawa's Jitte

Lands
6 Forest
6 Mountain
4 Taiga
4 Wooded Foothills

I am replacing the Sudden Shocks for some sort of mass removal. It's a real shame I can't get my hands on Rolling Earthquake.

Illissius
09-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Rolling Earthquake is out of the question as it is hard to find and cost too much? Whats the next best thing?

Earthquake?