PDA

View Full Version : [Card] Recurring Nightmare

satellites
09-13-2007, 04:37 PM
A little background - I've just come back to M:tG after a long haitus (I started playing in Tempest, stopped at Masques), and found that Legacy is the play type that's closest to what I used to play.

I played Recurring Nightmare back in the day, and my question is:

Is it still viable? Or am I better off just using Survival of the Fittest, since most of the creatures in a deck built to abuse either have a coming into play ability and should be cheap in order to function without the key?

Oh, and to save everyone a click:

Recurring Nightmare
:2: :b:
Enchantment

Sacrifice a creature, Return Recurring Nightmare to its owner's hand: Return target creature card from your graveyard to play. Play this ability only any time you could play a sorcery.

Zilla
09-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Actually, RecSur just Top 8ed the 175 player German Legacy Championships this month, so at the very least it's viable. Tier 1? Probably not. But certainly playable. The decklist is here (http://www.germagic.de/dc/deck.php?id=10646).

Welcome to The Source, by the way.

satellites
09-13-2007, 05:08 PM
Cool, thanks! That looks much different than what I've built...it's 5 color and works a lot like the Nightmare decks of old...

Thanks for the welcome, too.

sammiel
09-13-2007, 06:13 PM
Recurring Nightmare and Survival are both examples of cards that might never be the top of the metagame, but since they are powerful sources of card advantage, they will still win games when they arent answered.