PDA

View Full Version : Graveyard order

Mulletus
09-17-2007, 12:03 AM
Some things in magic put more than one card from library into the graveyard at once.... how do I know what oder it goes in the yard?

Like lets say a spell or effect tells me to put the top 3 cards in... My cards are A B and C. A on top of B on top of C, while on the library. When they go to the yard will the order be (from the top of graveyard) C, B, A or A, B, C or can I choose an order Or can the spell/effect's controller choose the order?

What about Dredge? If I dredge can I choose the Order?

Or is it... topcard to graveyard untill quantity met?

Anarky87
09-17-2007, 12:27 AM
Some things in magic put more than one card from library into the graveyard at once.... how do I know what oder it goes in the yard?

Like lets say a spell or effect tells me to put the top 3 cards in... My cards are A B and C. A on top of B on top of C, while on the library. When they go to the yard will the order be (from the top of graveyard) C, B, A or A, B, C or can I choose an order Or can the spell/effect's controller choose the order?

What about Dredge? If I dredge can I choose the Order?

Or is it... topcard to graveyard untill quantity met?

Since you are the controller of the effect, you get to choose the order in which they go to the GY. So if you mill 2 creatures and one is Ashen Ghoul, you can choose to put the 2nd creature on top of it when you put them in yard. But you can't change the order once they're in there.

APriestOfGix
09-17-2007, 12:33 AM
your wrong here.

Each action is take as a seperate event, as in the situation of drawing cards.

Dredge takes the first card and that is the bottom of the grave, your 2nd library card is 2nd in the grave, and the 3rd library card is the top.

For effects like Wrath, you get to chose what order they go in, but not dredge.

Anarky87
09-17-2007, 12:38 AM
your wrong here.

Each action is take as a seperate event, as in the situation of drawing cards.

Dredge takes the first card and that is the bottom of the grave, your 2nd library card is 2nd in the grave, and the 3rd library card is the top.

For effects like Wrath, you get to chose what order they go in, but not dredge.

Q: When you Dredge, do you choose the order the cards go from the top of the library to the graveyard?

A: Yes. All of the cards that go to your graveyard when you apply the Dredge ability will go at the same time. As the owner of these cards you can choose the order that they are arranged when they are put in your graveyard. In most cases this will not matter, but graveyard order does matter to a few older cards.

And just because it's there, it would be "You're wrong," not, "Your wrong."

Goodnight.

Pinder
09-17-2007, 01:11 AM
Moral of this story is, when an effect puts multiple cards from your library (and subsequently any hidden zone, I'd imagine) into your graveyard simultaneously, you get to choose what order those cards end up in your graveyard.

APriestOfGix
09-17-2007, 10:48 AM
Moral of this story is, when an effect puts multiple cards from your library (and subsequently any hidden zone, I'd imagine) into your graveyard simultaneously, you get to choose what order those cards end up in your graveyard.

Very weird, considering if you draw multipule cards it's treated as if you have X draw 1 card effects that can't have any action to them.

So if you draw 5 cards, it's really 5 draw 1 card effects, i wonder why dredge isn't the same way.

Nightmare
09-17-2007, 10:54 AM
i wonder why dredge isn't the same way.Because Dredge isn't drawing cards...

It's more akin to Brainfreezing yourself than it is Brainstorming.

Anusien
09-17-2007, 12:22 PM
217.4c. If an effect or rule puts two or more cards into the same graveyard at the same time, the owner of those cards may arrange them in any order.
The reason Dredge works differently is because it works with the graveyard (a public zone) and drawing cards works in the hand (a private zone). Also, you can replace draws, but not replace milling.