PDA

View Full Version : Experiment Kraj

HdH_Cthulhu
09-17-2007, 10:00 PM
Experiment Kraj + Mirror Gallery + Experiment Kraj + Chronatog?

Isnt that the most broken combo in magic? I think Belcher and TES are dismissed...

Jak
09-17-2007, 10:14 PM
And affordable too!

Anusien
09-17-2007, 10:27 PM
Experiment Kraj + Mirror Gallery + Experiment Kraj + Chronatog?
I don't think this works the way you want. You'd have to give all three creatures a +1/+1 counter, then you could swing for 5 with Chronatog and 11 with each Experiment Kraj. Then again, Experiment Kraj + Chronatog does most of that anyway. None of that interaction lets you activate it an arbitrarily large number of times.

HdH_Cthulhu
09-17-2007, 10:34 PM
First this is only fun!

Second!
I could still pump 3 cratures infinte times!

Jak
09-17-2007, 10:41 PM
I will play my Thallid deck and beat your ass.

Nihil Credo
09-18-2007, 12:38 AM
You don't get infinite instances of the ability, only four. You can thank our friends the Continuous Effects rules for it; this is similar to how double Krark's Thumb does not give you infinite coin flips.

From Cranial Insertion:

Q: I control Mirror Gallery (http://www.magiccards.info/autocard.php?card=Mirror%20Gallery), two Experiment Kraj (http://www.magiccards.info/autocard.php?card=Experiment%20Kraj), and two Basking Rootwalla (http://www.magiccards.info/autocard.php?card=Basking%20Rootwalla). Each creature has a +1/+1 counter on it. Given enough green mana, how many times could I give each Experiment +2/+2?

I know with one Kraj, I could use the ability twice, since Kraj gains the ability from each Rootwalla and therefore has two instances of "1G: [this] gets +2/+2 until end of turn. Play this ability once each turn." But with a second Kraj, each gains two instances of the ability, and then each sees the other's two instances of the ability, and then each sees the two new instances of the ability the other gained from itself, et cetera. Where does it stop?

A: Both Experiments have a static ability that generates a continuous effect. When you want to determine what abilities the Experiments actually have, you have to go through all the continuous effects and apply each of them. Each continuous effect will only be applied once, however. So when one Experiment sees the other getting new activated abilities, the first won't also get some new abilities, causing a chain reaction.

The two continuous effects fall in the same layer, both depend on the other, and both are characteristic-setting (interaction of continuous effects blah blah blah), so the order in which the two apply depends on timestamp. I'll call the Kraj that entered play first Kraj 1, and the other one Kraj 2.

First, you apply Kraj 1's effect. It looks at all other creatures and sees two activated abilities among them, so it gains two instances of the Rootwalla ability. Then Kraj 2's effect gets applied. It sees a total of four abilities, so the second Kraj will end up with four instances.

HdH_Cthulhu
09-18-2007, 05:19 PM
I dont understand but i belive you^^ ok close that thread...