PDA

View Full Version : [Card] Vine Dryad

gvbarroso
09-24-2007, 02:39 PM
Hey guys

As a passionate stompy player (7 forest + 4 fetchlands stompy player), I've been trying for a long period to make the deck really strong in Legacy. The main doubt I have is wheter or not to use Vine Dryad, and if 'yes', how many?
I've looked over the threads in stompy, and I find most players include her in the main deck, whereas a few players call her outdated.
Therefore, I'm here asking your opinion about the card.

Mordenkain
09-24-2007, 04:43 PM
If you looked through the threads on stompy you will see my opinion as well. I call her outdated. The instant speed thing doesn't make up for a 1 power/2 threats thing. Your technically throwing away two cards for a 1 power threat. Okay, it's free, but one green vs. free isn't that much compared to the disadvantages.

Noman Peopled
09-24-2007, 10:59 PM
I absolutely agree. I never played Dryad in a deck, even when playing Stompy in the bad old days when Jungle Lion wasn't legal. Stompy wins to aim as soon as possible; turn three is realistic. I fail to see how throwing away two cards for a planned for two or three damage is justified unless you need the three toughness, at which point you shouldn't be playing Stompy.