PDA

View Full Version : [TarmoTalk] Beating the dead horse...

The Rack
09-26-2007, 11:36 PM
Is there anyway possible that we can stop naming decks after Tarmogoyf? It's very unoriginal and cliche as of about a month ago. Not to mention that Tarmogoyf is the messiah of MTG but come on, really?? ggkthxbye.

thefreakaccident
09-26-2007, 11:38 PM
I second that...

troopatroop
09-26-2007, 11:39 PM
Is there anyway possible that we can stop naming decks after Tarmogoyf? It's very unoriginal and cliche as of about a month ago. Not to mention that Tarmogoyf is the messiah of MTG but come on, really?? ggkthxbye.

And could we please stop ending phrases with stupid stuff like ggkthxbye? Cmon guys. We can do better, let's pick it up.

Sims
09-26-2007, 11:43 PM
Awww... and I was all ready to unveil my version of Tarmogoyf's Amazing Results (minus the dave b).... or like.... TarmoFish! especially with all the new merfolks... or maybe TARMOFAERIES!!!!!

Okay, sleep now.

Tacosnape
09-26-2007, 11:44 PM
If "Beating the Dead Horse" were a deck name, it'd be renamed to TarmoHorse.

Phantom
09-27-2007, 12:17 AM
It is fairly annoying, but I'll take 100 of these before any crappy names that have nothing to do with the deck. I'm looking at you Solidarity...

@Taco: In light of the new HP book, I think you should change your User title to something else like "saved Tacoharry" or "Loved Tacolily". In fact, Tacolily is just a cool name.

The Rack
09-27-2007, 12:24 AM
I'll agree with all of you. It's terribly annoying to read 90/100 decks named Tarmo----. Solidarity, Rabid Wombat, Quinn the Eskimo?? wtf?? and many more randomass onestoo. Good point Phantom.

Bovinious
09-27-2007, 12:31 AM
It's my opinion that the source and the magic community as a whole NEEDS LESS TARMOGOYF, so I agree with this. In short, GTFO Goyf, GTFO!!!

SpatulaOfTheAges
09-27-2007, 12:38 AM
It is fairly annoying, but I'll take 100 of these before any crappy names that have nothing to do with the deck. I'm looking at you Solidarity...

When you build a deck you can name it Mid-Game-Combo-Control-Deck-Using-High-Tide-and-a-Cantrip-Engine-To-Build-Storm-and-Kill-with-Brain-Freeze.dec, and then everyone will know exactly what you're talking about.

If you want a philisophical discussion of names, we can go over why something like Solidarity is a much more useful name than High Tide, since the function of a name is to recall between two or more parties the same object, and specific randomness better serves said function than accurate generalities.

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/9484/decknamenazisot1.jpg

What happened to you China? You used to be cool.

TheMightyQuinn
09-27-2007, 01:29 AM
Quinn the Eskimo?? wtf??

Yeah, what a dumb name.

I can see where "Tarmothis" and "Tarmothat" gets annoying, but random decknames are where its at. Lay off.

WiLdFiRe
09-27-2007, 01:31 AM
I dunno, but I love the random decknames. Stuff like Dredge-a-tog or Tarmofolk (seriously, WTF?) is boring and does nothing for me whereas something inventive like Quinn the Eskimo is cool and doesn't have to be totally related.
EDIT: Fuck, beaten like a red headed stepchild

DragoFireheart
09-27-2007, 01:33 AM

After reading the ggkthxbye I decided not to argue with you. Just because that sort of typing requires me to lower my level of intelligence to willing understand it.

Frankly getting more dumb hurts.

Jak
09-27-2007, 01:59 AM
I don't really give a shit. As long as I know what the deck is, it is a fine name. Who cares.

Bardo
09-27-2007, 02:01 AM
Is there anyway possible that we can stop naming decks after Tarmogoyf?
Yawnery.