PDA

View Full Version : [Brainstorming] Blue Moon deck.

DragoFireheart
10-18-2007, 02:18 PM
I wonder if there is a deck that abuses Magus of the Moon and Blood Moon both maindecked with a splash of Blue to have counters to protect both pieces and deal with things Blood-Moons don't normally affect. [Ichorid, Storm, etc]

Could such a deck be made?

Nydaeli
10-18-2007, 02:48 PM
You should at least make a stab at a decklist before posting something like this.

That said, here's a list I threw together a little while ago:

3 Volcanic Island
3 Island
3 Flooded Strand
4 Ancient Tomb
4 City of Traitors
1 Great Furnace
4 Chrome Mox

4 Cloud of Faeries
4 Magus of the Moon
4 Serendib Efreet
4 Sea Drake
3 Trinket Mage

1 Engineered Explosives
4 Chalice of the Void
1 Pithing Needle
4 Brainstorm
3 Pyrostatic Pillar
3 Umezawa's Jitte
3 Sword of Fire and Ice

It's basically Faerie Stompy + Magus, but running the splash lets you run better combo hate (Pillar) as well as tutorable Engineered Explosives, which is one of the best cards in the format right now. Nobody seems to like Brainstorm in FS, but I think it adds some much-needed consistency.

Anyway, you can mess with that. It's definitely in need of some refinement.

monkeyfeelers
10-18-2007, 02:59 PM
I am wondering mayhaps why you are want to use magus. What decks do you want to beat and so forth. What does magus bring to the table that other decks don't.
Also the TMWA archetype from vintage and sometimes legacy ported could give you a good head start on popular disruption types.

Joon
10-18-2007, 03:44 PM
Magus protected by Chalice nad Force makes the Landstill-MU a lot easier just because they can't handle him nad Landstill is usually an autoloss for Faerie Stompy.