4 Smallpox
4 Hymn to Tourach
4 Duress
3 Funeral Charm

Creature Killers
4 Infest

Draw
2 Skeletal Scrying

This deck only costed $22. I did get 3 duress for free(thanks to yawg07) and already had the dark rituals. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to make it better. I have been doing very well with it, playing on MWS or with friends. I usually get asked about Skeletal Scrying so I will put it in here ahead of time, It allows me to draw and get rid of spare spirits.

Silthyn
10-27-2007, 06:48 PM
I built a budget Pox a while ago. Here's the list:

// Lands
23 Swamp

// Creatures
3 Nether Spirit

// Spells
4 Chimeric Idol
3 The Rack
4 Innocent Blood
4 Dark Ritual
4 Smallpox
4 Pox
3 Skeletal Scrying
4 Hymn to Tourach
4 Duress

I haven't tested it that much, but Hymn to Tourach has always been good in these types of decks, especially since you run The Rack. It's not awfully expensive, either.

APriestOfGix
10-27-2007, 07:00 PM
Pox is already budget, it costs like 20 bucks if you e-bay/buy in bulk/trade for everything except the sink holes...

Silthyn
10-28-2007, 04:33 AM
Pox is already budget, it costs like 20 bucks if you e-bay/buy in bulk/trade for everything except the sink holes...

And non-budget Pox would the the ones with Sinkholes.

APriestOfGix
10-28-2007, 01:24 PM
yeah, so if you want budget pox, take a pox list (the normal pox list) and pull 4 sinkhole, and add 4 something else. This dosn't need it's own thread...

JakeH
10-31-2007, 05:22 PM
I like budget pox, here's my list:

4-dark rit
4-duress
4-hymn to tourach
4-diabolic edict
4-pox
4-the rack
4-chimeric idol
4-phyrexian totem
4-hypnotic specter
2-engineered plague
22-swamps

if your on a budget, burn is also a very cheap deck to build. i don't own any dual lands, and i refuse to pay $20 a piece for them so im always building mono-colored decks! right now im playing D+T, MUC, Pox (the one above), Burn, and a green deck with Heartbeat of Spring and Crush of Wurms in it (btw - that is a deck of each color). Im just a casual player, but i go to a weekly legacy tourny here in Tallahassee whenever i get the chance on Sundays. Mono-colored decks have some serious advantages.

BTW – do you keep a sideboard? Mine looks like this:

3-tsabo’s web
2-engineered plague
4-tormod’s crypt
3-defense grid
3-dystopia