PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] ZOOish G/R/w

Kird Ape
11-01-2007, 05:07 AM
I've been playing a deck similar to this for a few years now (mainly against friends and a few scrub T1 tourny) having moved from Pennsylvania, I have been recently introduced to Legacy. Not really wanting to have to buy a whole new deck, I figured I would stick with what I was comfortable with. So, after much harassment of my new friends and a few of my old, here's the final product.

Creatures 19
4 Kird Ape
4 River Boa
4 Skyshroud Elite
4 Tarmogoyf
3 Troll Ascetic

Spells 14
4 Call of the Herd
4 Chain Lightning
2 Krosan Grip
4 Lightning Bolt

Enchantments
3 Rancor

Artifacts
3 Umezawa's Jitte

Lands 21
2 Forest
2 Horizon Canopy
1 Mountain
1 Plateau
1 Savannah
4 Taiga
4 Wasteland
2 Windswept Heath
4 Wooded Foothills

Sideboard (15 cards)
3 Gaddock Teeg
3 Abeyance
1 Krosan Grip
4 Pyroclasm
4 Tormod's Crypt

Strategy
Obviously we are going for a quick victory while slowing them down just enough.

O.K. analysis...
Kird apes and elites, I don't know a better 1 drop

River boa, not my favorite, but he scares ppl and he regen for G

Tarmogoyf, I'm playing green, fatty

Troll, he regen, you can't touch, rancorable

Call of the Herd, trades with mongeese, comes back

8 lightning bolt effects for R good for finishing off opponents, push my critters through

Jitte and rancor, makes good creatures great ones

maindeck grips... counterbalance, vial, top, etc. etc. i don't think it's worth not playing

Why white land in deck? I know it's crazy, but I don't think it'll be as good without the abeyance and teeg. There are 6 sac lands and 2 canopy just in case.

S.B.
teeg, stops combo
abeyance, push critter through, stop combo
crypt, threshold and all the other decks that do yard stuff
pyroclasm, goblins, misc. weenie decks

Went up to the Lucky Frog in Va., lots of good players IMO, lots of good decks IMO. I went 3-1 officially, gave the last guy a win so he'd get in top 4 and we all split. We did play it out and went 4-0. During swiss met up with R/g vial goblins (2-1), U/G/b thres (2-0), Ichorid? with the bridges (2-1), and Landstill (2-1). This was my first Legacy tourny with a proper build. It was kinda embarassing to make the Ichorid guy spell out everything he was doing and then figure out what it's weaknesses were on the fly... I have been having problems with Thresh and elves on MWS, I never SB on there though.
I really like this deck and regardless what ppl think, I'm going to play it v. building another deck. I am open to comments about card choices, whether I might have lucked out at the Frog, or actually had a proper deck. I'd also like some information about Price of Progress being in the SB. I know that I like to grab all my non-basics when I use my sac-lands...
I know this deck isn't an original, but it's my deck and its always done well for me. Thanks again