PDA

View Full Version : [Single Card Discussion] Night soil

kilukru
11-11-2007, 04:49 PM
So, im a budget legacy player thats always looking for an effective sleeper(going back to school cost a lot of money) and a lot of player around here started playing Ichorid and dredge's deck and I was looking in my old card to find a cheap solution and found night soil.

It's a little mana intensive for the first few turn's but I found out that it was pretty effective at removing their dredger and reanimation target's.

So anyone think night soil could be run in a competitive deck (sideboard) ?

P.S. Please excuse the quality of my english, it's a secondary language for me.

For ref.

gg,

1, Remove two creature cards in a single graveyard from the game: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token into play.

Happy Gilmore
11-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Night Soil has been one of my favorite cards for a long time. Its also fairly decent against Survival as well :tongue:.

Welcome to the source.

Bardo
11-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Night Soil is an awesome casual card, but I don't think it will ever have a tournament pedigree in Legacy. Against Ichorid, it's an interesting choice, but you still need to pay 1GG to remove two creatures. Being limited in only targetting creatures means it's also weak against Thresh + Tog.

Overall, Tormod's Crypt, Leyline of the Void, Planar Void and Yixlid Jailer just do more for less and hit a greater part of the field.

Jak
11-11-2007, 05:02 PM
In a mono green deck, it could be good as GY hate. Also, Ground Seal could be okay.

Iranon
11-12-2007, 09:08 AM
Leyline of the Boid has many advantages against combo... it prevents first-turn Ill-Gotten Gains stupidity and Cephalid Breakfast can't counter it. Also, when it's in play things don't go in the graveyard in the first place, which is very relevant in the Ichorid match-up.

Planar Void has the added bonus of being a first-turn Humility against Threshold (that remains for some time even after they get rid of it).

Tormod's Crypt is an efficient solution that won't slow down your own game plan.

Night Soil is very limited; the decks it can attack properly would be Survival and many black/green control decks relying on creature recursion... and against those, much more effective Sideboard card exist, such as Pithing Needle.

Happy Gilmore
11-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Leyline of the Boid has many advantages against combo... it prevents first-turn Ill-Gotten Gains stupidity and Cephalid Breakfast can't counter it. Also, when it's in play things don't go in the graveyard in the first place, which is very relevant in the Ichorid match-up.

Planar Void has the added bonus of being a first-turn Humility against Threshold (that remains for some time even after they get rid of it).

Tormod's Crypt is an efficient solution that won't slow down your own game plan.

Night Soil is very limited; the decks it can attack properly would be Survival and many black/green control decks relying on creature recursion... and against those, much more effective Sideboard card exist, such as Pithing Needle.

That kills me.

SpatulaOfTheAges
11-12-2007, 12:41 PM
It's been used effectively in Enchantress on occasion, but it's a very narrow card. It's good against Survival and Ichorid, and not much else unless you see a lot of Reanimator in your area. It doesn't do much against Goyf, or storm combo decks with GY reliant cards, or Life from the Loam.

It used to be teh hot tech against Dragon, but that's not really a concern these days.