PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] Intuition Loam

vroman
11-20-2007, 02:26 PM
I was disastisfied w my old RGW loam control list, bc devastating dreams has lost a lot of its punch w decline in goblins and rise of loam-mirrors. even thresh is playing bigger creatures now w tgoyf and dryads. Ive never liked burning wish and gamble, so now theres effectively no reason to play red.so I basicaly started over and came up w a GUB list thats working great

4 p delta
1 bayou
2 trop
1 u-sea
2 forest
2 island
2 swamp
1 tomb urborg
2 thicket
1 sandbar
1 barren moor
1 volrath stronghold
1 academy ruin
1 waste
4 mox D
2 chromox
4 tribe elder
4 intuition
4 brainstorm
4 shriekmaw
4 tgoyf
1 gloomdrifter
1 augur skulls
1 razormane
1 tormod
1 engineer explosives
1 braids
1 e witness
3 loam
1 viridian zealot
1 maze ith
side
4 duress
3 extirpate
2 douse
1 tabernacle
1 trinisphere
3 krosan grip
1 loaming shaman

brainstorm is like recall in this deck when loam is in the yard. you draw 3 cards you want, then put back 2 lands, dredge them and get them in your hand anyway. casting intuition is frequently game over against agro decks, or decks w large vulnerabilities to certain hate, ie ichorid (loam+acadruins+tormod). unstoppable creature slaughtering engines, like gloomdrifter vs goblins, or shriek recursion vs tgoyfs/tvores. iggy is dicy game 1, but becomes quite favorable after board w duress, extirpate and trisphere.
landstill is surprisingly good matchup compared to older loam builds. augur recursion goes the distance.

Waikiki
11-20-2007, 02:34 PM
why no genesis or is the stronghold enough?

What about the combo matchup?

monkeyfeelers
11-20-2007, 02:49 PM
seems like a good place for chalice of the void. You only have one card main and two side that are hurt by chalice at one and its really good against a great many decks.

cs1
11-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Look at deck number 8:
http://morphling.de/top8decks.php?id=693

It is a pile thrown together in 10 minutes.

The deck already works, but it can be improved alot.

Peter_Rotten
11-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Gentlemen, please make use of the shift-key when appropriate. Also, please refer to the site rules (http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showpost.php?p=174024&postcount=2) about grammar.

Thank you

Poron
11-20-2007, 06:26 PM
what about Extirpate? there are so many good target for that here...

blitz
11-20-2007, 08:30 PM
You added creatures to Eternal Garden, and swapped white for black. >_>

Bane of the Living
11-20-2007, 08:44 PM
I was disastisfied w my old RGW loam control list, bc devastating dreams has lost a lot of its punch w decline in goblins and rise of loam-mirrors. even thresh is playing bigger creatures now w tgoyf and dryads. Ive never liked burning wish and gamble, so now theres effectively no reason to play red.so I basicaly started over and came up w a GUB list thats working great

4 p delta
1 bayou
2 trop
1 u-sea
2 forest
2 island
2 swamp
1 tomb urborg
2 thicket
1 sandbar
1 barren moor
1 volrath stronghold
1 academy ruin
1 waste
4 mox D
2 chromox
4 tribe elder
4 intuition
4 brainstorm
4 shriekmaw
4 tgoyf
1 gloomdrifter
1 augur skulls
1 razormane
1 tormod
1 engineer explosives
1 braids
1 e witness
3 loam
1 viridian zealot
1 maze ith
side
4 duress
3 extirpate
2 douse
1 tabernacle
1 trinisphere
3 krosan grip
1 loaming shaman

brainstorm is like recall in this deck when loam is in the yard. you draw 3 cards you want, then put back 2 lands, dredge them and get them in your hand anyway. casting intuition is frequently game over against agro decks, or decks w large vulnerabilities to certain hate, ie ichorid (loam+acadruins+tormod). unstoppable creature slaughtering engines, like gloomdrifter vs goblins, or shriek recursion vs tgoyfs/tvores. iggy is dicy game 1, but becomes quite favorable after board w duress, extirpate and trisphere.
landstill is surprisingly good matchup compared to older loam builds. augur recursion goes the distance.

I dont think Shreikmaw is very good. He doesnt get along with Dredging or any of part of your land based strategy.

You should be playing four Loams since your not playing Burning Wish and Intuition is 3cc not 2 like Burning Wish.

Infact I found the best reasons to play red weren't Devestating Dreams but Burning Wish, mostly to avoid Extirpate damages, and Siesmic Assault. Assualt gives the deck a clock and becomes an outlet for your loam engine.

My tried and true Loam deck after playing the archetype since Loams release is Columbus Confinement. Not to throw off the concept of the deck you have here but if goyf is your problem Humilty > your own goyfs.

MattH
11-20-2007, 11:30 PM
Intuitioning for Loam is a lot better than drawing Loam. I am not surprised he doesn't feel the need for 4.

Why Douse? WHy the 1-of artifacts? I don't understand these at all.

Illissius
11-21-2007, 03:35 PM
1-of artifacts are to recur with Academy.

MattH
11-21-2007, 11:44 PM
Makes sense. I didn't notice Ruins in the decklist the first time.