PDA

View Full Version : [Deck] 'RuptStalker

Kaosrah
11-25-2007, 11:06 PM
This is a deck I put together and I was wondering what you guys think about it?

Creatures:

3x Oona's Prowler
3x Tombstalker
3x Hypnotic Specter

Sorceries:

4x Damnation
4x Thoughtseize
3x Hymn to Tourach
3x Serum Visions

Instants:

4x Brainstorm/Ponder
4x Recoil
3x Psionic Blast
3x Sudden Death/Ghastly Demise
3x Dark Ritual

Artifacts:

4x Chrome Mox

Lands:

4x Underground Sea
4x Watery Grave
4x Polluted Delta
4x Wasteland
1x Island
2x Swamp

Sideboard:

2x Boseiju, Who Shelters All
2x Pithing Needle
2x Extirpate
3x Diabolic Edict
3x Thormod's Crypt
3x Engineered Explosives

The deck is pretty straight forward, relying on mostly on Tombstalker's/Psionic Blast's to deal lethal damage for the win. Thoughtseize and Hymn to Tourach are there for hand disruption. Oona's Prowler paired along with Hypnotic Specter are there to apply pressure on opponent forcing them to discard.

Fetches are there to feed the Stalker and fix mana. Wastelands are there for obvious reasons.

Chrome Mox as a mana generator and the Rituals for the needed accel.

The draw on the other hand I find is rather weak. However, I am finding it somewhat difficult on what cards to use. I am currently hesitating between Ponder/Brainstorm and am somewhat torn between the two.

This deck does fairly well against combo based decks, but has a difficult time versus highly aggressive (Goblins, Black Suicide, etc.) Due to the fact it has difficulty dealing with first turn threats like Goblin Lackey. Sudden Death can only go so far, Ghastly Demise has been an alternative, however it has poor "synergy" with the Stalker who happens to be my main beater.

Suggestions/Comments appreciated

Maveric78f
11-26-2007, 03:00 AM
I don't even think it's good against combo decks... Don't forget that they can combo on their first turn on the draw and even on the play, with 2 or 4 less tokens, but easily enough to kill you.

You have only 4 first turn anti-combo + 3 DR that can possibly cast tone of the 3 hymns. that's pretty weak.

Plus, you have absolutely no clock and only hyppy can help you against combo on the long time.

I always hated to play tormod's crypt as a graveyard hate in a black deck. You have so much better with planar void (bad for you I admit), leyline of the void (perfect for you), extirpate, etc...

Tacosnape
11-26-2007, 03:47 AM
Worse than all of that, you have a whopping 9 threats with no way to protect them. Any control deck is going to eat that for breakfast.

Pale Moon FTW
11-26-2007, 03:55 AM
Brainstorm > Ponder in any deck with fetchlands.
Also have you considered Diabolic Edict instead of Ghastly Demise/Sudden Death?