PDA

View Full Version : [Deck]Burning Slaver

Mooglar
11-26-2007, 07:11 PM
Ok guys been testing this for a couple of days and this is what i came up with, general idea is to get titan bosh or slaver into the graveyard and then weld it into play although you can get a lotus also and then accelerate into hardcasting one, some control elements a lot of 1 ofs with tutoring and burning wish for a sb of hate and protection >.> force of will and daze to protect the combo...

// Lands
4 [B] Underground Sea
2 [ON] Flooded Strand
2 [ON] Polluted Delta
1 [ON] Wooded Foothills
1 [UNH] Island
2 [B] Volcanic Island
1 [MR] Great Furnace
2 [MR] Seat of the Synod
1 [DS] Blinkmoth Nexus
2 [JGC] Mishra's Factory
3 [TE] Ancient Tomb

// Creatures
1 [JU] Anger
1 [MR] Bosh, Iron Golem
4 [UL] Goblin Welder
1 [DS] Sundering Titan
3 [US] Cathodion

// Spells
4 [MR] Thirst for Knowledge
1 [DS] Echoing Truth
4 [AL] Force of Will
3 [NE] Daze
3 [US] Duress
1 [JU] Burning Wish
1 [MR] Mindslaver
3 [MI] Mystical Tutor
1 [TE] Intuition
1 [AQ] Transmute Artifact
3 [FNM] Brainstorm
4 [SH] Mox Diamond

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [9E] Pyroclasm
SB: 1 [FNM] Cabal Therapy
SB: 3 [SOK] Pithing Needle
SB: 4 [GP] Leyline of the Void
SB: 1 [CS] Deathmark
SB: 1 [ARE] Duress
SB: 1 [GP] Shattering Spree
SB: 2 [B] Red Elemental Blast
SB: 1 [FD] Engineered Explosives

Updated List with full working sb, added transmute art as a tinker to use with art lands, cathodian and mox diamond... also cleared out most of the 1 of's and added mox diamond instead of chrome mox, careful study wasnt working to well so i added mnore brainstorm... i need more good artifacts to target anyone have any suggestions...

Posts hardcore flaming please =) but reasoning is greatly appreciated go at it thanks in advance ill be updating for a while

So Annoying My Account Is Banned
11-26-2007, 08:19 PM
cool deck man, Gilded lotus seems really underwhelming.

and Reanimate seems like it would hurt you a hell of a lot more than it would hurt your opponent.

Wobbles The Goose
11-26-2007, 10:26 PM
Everyone likes cheating big artifacts into play, and this topic has been discussed
before over here. (http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6596&highlight=mind+slaver)

The list is really interesting though. There tends to be two schools of thought for deck design: the 4 and 1's vs threat diversity. 4 and 1 theory will tell you that if a card is good enough to be in the deck, it should probably be there as a 4x so you will draw it more often. Sometimes this design will run a few singletons because it is playing 4x of a tutor that lets it find those cards. Threat diversity uses simularly but slightly different cards to have multiple effects that are simular, even if the cards aren't identical. While this can be occasionally useful in the right meta game, it can just as easily lead to really akward draws and opening hands, where a diverse deck will draw situationally strong cards at all the wrong times. Cards like intuition and goblin welder seem like cards you really want 4 of so you make sure you draw them every game. Meanwhile cards like burning wish, reanimate, skrying, ghastly demise all seem tenuous at best.

Sanguine Voyeur
11-26-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm having a hard time seeing this as a dedicated deck of any sort. There are strange one and three of's though out, for example;

Mystical Tutor, Merchant Scroll, Intuition, Fact or Fiction, Skeletal Scrying, these are tutors and card draw. It seems counter intuitive to run singleton tutors. The other numbers just seem strange; three Goblin Wielders and one Mindslaver [the things the deck is built around], two Brainstorms, three Duresses, a Gilded Lotus, and many more.

I could be way off, it looks very Vintage, and I can't read Vintage.

Mooglar
11-27-2007, 01:11 AM
Yea, although welder and intuition need to be 4of's i need to cut other cards for it and thats where im having a hard time, merchant scroll or mystical tutor needs to be upped to at least 2-3.

Thx for posting the links of the older tries ill read into them but, my problem right now is making it more consistent and also not run out of steam as fast, i wish i could have more accelerants or have more than 60 cards in the deck, skrying looks really good on paper but with the land base i have right now its really weak... although i need to make big changes to the numbers there might also be cards out there ive never thought of yet.

Also note that reanimate targets other peoples graveyard also.

Ive been playing with chrome mox and want to replace it with diamond but need some suggestions on the card base =)
Help? ^_^ thx for the comments

Jak
11-27-2007, 01:49 AM
I would cut a lot of the one-ofs. Add more tutors to consistantly get the one-ofs left in. Reanimate, Echoing Truth, Lotus, and Fire/Ice look bad as one-ofs. I would try to focus the deck more.

Mooglar
11-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Updated list >.>

xycsoscyx
11-29-2007, 04:10 PM
For starters, Ancient Tomb seems out of place. I know you want to fall back to hardcasting things, but it looks like you'd still need to get out Welders and cheat extra mana out of Cathodions to do it. More basic lands and fetch lands seem like they could be useful.

Bosh seems out of place here, as well, you aren't looking at massive recursion, so he's basically just a big beatz most of the time. Have you considered Sundering Titan instead, he beatz the same (just without Trample), but he also can be a one sided Armageddon when he comes into play. Cathodions also seem out of place, you need active Welders to really make use of them, but it doesn't seem worth it to possibly get free mana (or mana burn if your opponent destroys them at an inoportune time).

Echoing Truth is great, but it seems like you want a bit more (as in, more than just a single bounce spell), consider Rushing River or Chain of Vapor (Chain is far more dangerous in Legacy than it is in Vintage, so I'd probably suggest Rushing River). Mystical Tutor seems really sub-par here, as well, more dedicated card drawing seems better (maybe Nights Whisper). Intuition should easily be more than 1, it does what you want Mystical to do, but it does it better. Transmute Artifact seems out of place, but it's not horrible (it's basically an Entomb for your Artifacts).

The sideboard needs a lot of work, you're banking too much on Burning Wish (can be more than a 1x if you really want to dedicate the SB to it). I think adding in cards to actually bring in game to (like more control elements, REB, Spell Snare, etc), seem like they would be far more useful than just a lot of singletons.